Page 662 of 902 FirstFirst ... 162562612652658659660661662663664665666672712762 ... LastLast
Results 9,916 to 9,930 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He fixed his personality issues when he returned to the federation in 94. I loved crazy bob when I was a kid
    I havnt seen him after his return. I am watching a lot of older matches and working my way up there. Thanks for the info. But before the fix I can see why he was pushed out a bit.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

94' Backlund that feuded with Bret Hart was amazing.

He was bat sh!t crazy and his work was still great.

There's one thing about Backlund that's always been underrated and that's how strong he was and even in his 40s, he still had the power.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I only recently first saw Bret vs Bob from Superstars 7/30/94, it's a hard match to find in good quality and in full. That's probably my favorite Backlund match, at least from his 93/94 return.

I have it on a bluray now. It's better than their Surv Series 94 match.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-08-2023 at 01:18 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Pillman, Archer, or Joe are rumored to be one of the new members of BC Gold.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Pillman turning heel is long over due. According to reports online CM Punk is a major fan of Jay White. So I expect he will push for a program with him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Pillman, Archer, or Joe are rumored to be one of the new members of BC Gold.
    Well Joe is tagging with the BCG so him joining makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    OMG that was the worst chicken wing ever lol
    Mr Backlund is a man of mercy even if skaaland deserved none. if he so chose Mr Backlund could've ripped arnold's arm clean off of his body.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Backland was a great wrestler with Amazing Skill. But he also had the personality of a wet sponge. It was not a shock that he would be pushed aside for more charismatic personalities.
    perhaps if one believes america has the personality of a wet sponge. we who know better don't believe that though.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I havnt seen him after his return. I am watching a lot of older matches and working my way up there. Thanks for the info. But before the fix I can see why he was pushed out a bit.
    if you get a chance check out his uwf & battlarts matches, Mr Backlund has no problem hanging with those shoot style guys and his style makes for some pretty interesting matches

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    94' Backlund that feuded with Bret Hart was amazing.

He was bat sh!t crazy and his work was still great.
    he actually had a good run in tna too, still crazy, still strong as an ox.

There's one thing about Backlund that's always been underrated and that's how strong he was and even in his 40s, he still had the power.
    never attempt a short arm scissor on Mr Backlund. check out at the 4:10 mark how easy he gets alex shelley up even near 60yrs old

Saw a Bleacher Report article argue that Punk needs to turn heel. And I gotta agree. The mixed reaction to him, the backstage fight...Tony Khan would be almost stupid to not turn Punk heel.

I figure Punk probably senses this as well. So it's probably just a matter of time. But it seems inevitable, unless Tony and Punk try to defy wrestling physics.

Maybe you build up to one last match against MJF (at Wembley or a fall PPV or a big Dynamite/Collision), and then Punk turns. (though a heel Punk vs heel MJF would be interesting too, but I somehow doubt Tony would be game for it)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-09-2023 at 06:31 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Fantastic Member

I don't think that makes sense from a roster point of view. AEW has a pretty strong heel side and Collision is going to have Miro, Andrade, Hobbs, Samoa Joe, Bullet Club and Punk as heels who are the faces on that brand?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

If Punk turns heel its best to wait after the Chicago show.

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    I don't think that makes sense from a roster point of view. AEW has a pretty strong heel side and Collision is going to have Miro, Andrade, Hobbs, Samoa Joe, Bullet Club and Punk as heels who are the faces on that brand?
    No offense to some of these guys, but like all just aren't nearly as effective as a heel as Punk. If some like Miro or Joe or Andrade go face, it wouldn't matter that much. Some serious AEW fans I know said they downright hated Punk after the fight. Punk's baggage (which has only accumulated now) has kinda made him a more natural heel. And he has a very proven record as a heel.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-09-2023 at 06:29 AM.

Fantastic Member

From an artistic point of view...maybe but not from an economic and practical point of view. Who is Punk getting heat off of?

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    From an artistic point of view...maybe but not from an economic and practical point of view. Who is Punk getting heat off of?
    Orange Cassidy I've seen in some Collision promotion. Joe could go face and Punk could perhaps get heat there. The roster situation is not so clear right now, so there could be other options (The Elite, Jungle Boy, Page, Cole, etc).

I agree with Immortal that Punk can't and likely won't go heel right away (or in Chicago). So there's time to rearrange things for a Punk heel run.

This is one of scenarios where so many view Punk as bad guy/asshole in real life, that you can't miss the opportunity to play into that perception with a proven heel like Punk.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-09-2023 at 10:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Punk is defiinitely gonna be booked as a face in the first collision, since he's up against a trio of heels

burt macklin's reign of terror in impact wrestling is over. alex shelley is the new champion of impact wrestling. i guess the macklin vs aldis dream match is off.