Page 559 of 902 FirstFirst ... 59459509549555556557558559560561562563569609659 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 13529

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Impact is the company that is given up a million times to die. But has survived. If you told me they'd out survive Ring of Honor I'd have laughed. While Tony saved a version of ROH...it's not the same company.

But here is Impact still going. Still managing to survive and hold on.

They may get Brian Cage back. His deal is up in a few weeks and at last check he could want out too.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I'm super surprised TNA\Impact is still around.

Even more surprised they're the most consistently creative American company ATM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She's in her role because Saraya sucked ass as a face and she got lumped with her.
    Man, that is kind of a tough one...

I think that some of this feels like it could be folks being victims of the fact that the company is trying to stuff three layers of sardines into a two layer tin.

Storm?

I'm starting to wonder if it doesn't shake out that it's more about Baker than Storm herself.

- Cargil might have someone end her win streak, but I doubt it will be Baker.
    - Hayter might lose her title, but I doubt that Baker is who she will lose it to.
    - You kinda get the picture.

So, what do you keep Baker busy with?

I'm starting to wonder if playing Storm like a drum machine isn't what Baker will be busy with for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Willow is awesome! So is Blue.

I'd rather see those two than Toni and Saraya.
    blue hasn't impressed me much in or out of the ring, still i'd take her over jade. maybe saraya too, while blue hasn't impressed on the mic she hasn't been counter productive like saraya.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm super surprised TNA\Impact is still around.

Even more surprised they're the most consistently creative American company ATM.
    i don't see it, but i'll take good over creative. whenever i try to watch it feels very recycled and not very interesting at all. i'm a fan of josh alexander, but did anybody want bully in a main event slot??

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Impact is the company that is given up a million times to die. But has survived. If you told me they'd out survive Ring of Honor I'd have laughed. While Tony saved a version of ROH...it's not the same company.

But here is Impact still going. Still managing to survive and hold on.

They may get Brian Cage back. His deal is up in a few weeks and at last check he could want out too.
    impact isn't the same company either.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-27-2023 at 12:47 AM.

DVon has said he won't be in Royal Rumble as his back surgery was in February. That he has to get medical cleared 1st before he can return. DVon feels he has 1 more match at least.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Super surprised Impact is still around too, but I don't see what's too hot about them. And the dailyddt article cites matches and wrestlers and things, some I did see, that are not so good at all, quite forgettable. The best part about Impact is their Youtube game where they put up old TNA PPVs and matches.

TNA's rushmore is clear to me: Styles, Daniels, Joe, Angle
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-27-2023 at 11:09 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ok no idea if this is real or not.

But according to a fb post Drew McIntyre and Sheamus were called Banger Bros on TV. Well the WWE learned there was something not so PG called that elsewhere lol. So it's being changed.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 01-27-2023 at 03:48 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Here's a clip of Aerial Helwani interview with Sami Zayn about him navigating the WWE political environment.

https://vxtwitter.com/THENEXTBlGTHlN...6lal07cCA&s=19

Full interview here

I think the thing with Saraya was she defaulted back to when she was in WWE with the "anti-diva" gimmick who was going to save the women's division from the Bella twins. And that worked because, at the time, the Bells were seen as everything wrong with the Divas division who were only pushed because of their looks and reality shows.

But that doesn't work in AEW. Britt Baker, the character, may be a smug jerk who wins by cheating, but she's still a legit wrestler who earned her spot. She's not Nikki Bella. Saraya may have been trying to put over Toni Storm when she said AEW "finally" has a good champion, but that doesn't work when previous champs were Thunder Rosa, Baker, and Hikaru Shida.

To her credit, she admitted her promos came across more heelish than she intended. And it didn't really hurt her match with Britt because the story of her wrestling again after thinking her career was over was enough in itself to keep the fans on her side.

Now, if they want to move forward with this ex-WWE big-shots against home-grown AEW originals, that's fine, but this story would work better if AEW got Sasha...and I'm willing to bet they did try. Toni doesn't fit here. Even aside from the fact her time on the main roster was brief, it's well known she was so unhappy in WWE she asked to be released.

But Toni's time in AEW has not been great overall. Some of it just bad luck/timing, but a lot of it is poor booking. Having her debut in the Owen Hart tournament...just to lose in the semi-finals, not even finals...was not a great start. They weren't going to take the belt off Thunder Rosa after she just won it in a big blow-off match...but they had Toni to challenge her anyway and lose.

Then Rosa gets injured and they put the belt on her...but, bad timing, it's when fans want Jamie Hayter. Maybe this wouldn't have been a problem if they finally pulled the trigger on Britt betraying Jamie, but they decided to forget about it for the third or fourth time.

So Toni, our new champ, winds up a background prop for Saraya and Baker and generally gets booked like shit. Even when she won matches, she would get beaten down after so someone can run in and save her. And they keep her around Jamie, who fans are going to keep cheering for. How was she supposed to get over?

And now, following her big heel turn, she immediately loses, which is never a good look for any wrestler. Now she's Saraya's dumb muscle in an angle that doesn't make sense for her to be in and will likely eat all their losses, because Saraya's basically a part-timer who can't/won't wrestle week to week.
    And now I guess Britt's a face for some damn reason even though what the hell should she care about Ruby or Shida or Willow? I really do not understand why Tony utterly refuses to break up Jamie and Britt. That is what fans have wanted for months now.

I might've said this earlier, but once she dropped the belt to Jamie, they should've let Toni move on to other things. It doesn't look like Statlander's coming back any time soon, so let her go after Jade--because Jade's been doing nothing lately. Or have her challenge Athena for the ROH women's title.

The only good news is at least Shida's getting some TV time out of all this.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 01-27-2023 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Ok no idea if this is real or not.

But according to a fb post Drew McIntyre and Sheamus were called Banger Bros on TV. Well the WWE learned there was something not so PG called that elsewhere lol. So it's being changed.
    Sheamus and Drew knew what they were doing when they called themselves that. How did it take management this long to realize it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I think the thing with Saraya was she defaulted back to when she was in WWE with the "anti-diva" gimmick who was going to save the women's division from the Bella twins. And that worked because, at the time, the Bells were seen as everything wrong with the Divas division who were only pushed because of their looks and reality shows.

But that doesn't work in AEW. Britt Baker, the character, may be a smug jerk who wins by cheating, but she's still a legit wrestler who earned her spot. She's not Nikki Bella. Saraya may have been trying to put over Toni Storm when she said AEW "finally" has a good champion, but that doesn't work when previous champs were Thunder Rosa, Baker, and Hikaru Shida.

To her credit, she admitted her promos came across more heelish than she intended. And it didn't really hurt her match with Britt because the story of her wrestling again after thinking her career was over was enough in itself to keep the fans on her side.

Now, if they want to move forward with this ex-WWE big-shots against home-grown AEW originals, that's fine, but this story would work better if AEW got Sasha...and I'm willing to bet they did try. Toni doesn't fit here. Even aside from the fact her time on the main roster was brief, it's well known she was so unhappy in WWE she asked to be released.

But Toni's time in AEW has not been great overall. Some of it just bad luck/timing, but a lot of it is poor booking. Having her debut in the Owen Hart tournament...just to lose in the semi-finals, not even finals...was not a great start. They weren't going to take the belt off Thunder Rosa after she just won it in a big blow-off match...but they had Toni to challenge her anyway and lose.

Then Rosa gets injured and they put the belt on her...but, bad timing, it's when fans want Jamie Hayter. Maybe this wouldn't have been a problem if they finally pulled the trigger on Britt betraying Jamie, but they decided to forget about it for the third or fourth time.

So Toni, our new champ, winds up a background prop for Saraya and Baker and generally gets booked like shit. Even when she won matches, she would get beaten down after so someone can run in and save her. And they keep her around Jamie, who fans are going to keep cheering for. How was she supposed to get over?

And now, following her big heel turn, she immediately loses, which is never a good look for any wrestler. Now she's Saraya's dumb muscle in an angle that doesn't make sense for her to be in and will likely eat all their losses, because Saraya's basically a part-timer who can't/won't wrestle week to week.
    And now I guess Britt's a face for some damn reason even though what the hell should she care about Ruby or Shida or Willow? I really do not understand why Tony utterly refuses to break up Jamie and Britt. That is what fans have wanted for months now.

I might've said this earlier, but once she dropped the belt to Jamie, they should've let Toni move on to other things. It doesn't look like Statlander's coming back any time soon, so let her go after Jade--because Jade's been doing nothing lately. Or have her challenge Athena for the ROH women's title.

I like to believe that Tony hasn't broken up Brit and Jamie yet because he's playing the long game for a potential title feud between the two. Even though Jamie is the champ Britt is still treating her like an underling. That will have to reach a boiling point at some point. If it goes well it should work the way the same way like Kurt Angle and Sting when they were in the main-event mafia.

Toni should have gone after Jade. She is AEW's longest reigning champion the company's history and has nothing. She's feuding with her own baddies because Tony has no one else for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

agreed. can't blame booking there, saraya really shit the bed on that one

i'd honestly go the other way and have jamie turn on brit. it should be easier for brit to get over as a face at this point which in turn could cement jamie as the top heel of the division.

Bad news for Hulk Hogan fans

That is really sad to learn such a terrible thing has happened to him.

My prayers and condolences to Hulk Hogan. I hope he makes a full recovery. Best wishes to Hulk Hogan as he deals with these health issues.

I used to enjoy his wrestling matches. He is one of the best wrestlers I have seen.

Hogan sadly since 2008 or 2009 had numerous back surgeries. A lot hurt him worse as he detailed years ago.

It's sad for sure to see him now suffering this. And the style of work Hogan did was really safe as we saw. So if he's having these health issues working the style he did...imagine some guys now at 65+.