Page 863 of 902 FirstFirst ... 363763813853859860861862863864865866867873 ... LastLast
Results 12,931 to 12,945 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

"I'm not sure to make friends, I'm here to make money"

2 kids walked out, the other asked if Jade was wrestling yet.

Then left.

Don't think Punk is gonna connect with the younger audience the E has.

Which is why he should go heel ASAP.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

That was really masterful booking the WWE did for RAW. They literally had people waiting to watch for Punk (Raw was trending #1 and had the highest social media deal in years) and they set about making sure people watched the entire show to try and hook them on other talents. While I question my sanity on being forced to sit through a Nia Jax match , the pay off was to get to Punk for ratings and attention.

It was a great strategy. The slow burn towards Punk vs Rollins has started. You can see in Punk's promo he's discussing Seth and he won't mention his name....yet. Or confront him...yet.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i was expecting a pipe bomb.

i got a single blackcat in a ant hill.

that promo was too short and too damn weak.

this was, as MJF said, PG punk.

AEW trademarked East West Express, which I s Nick Wayne's tag team.

Jordan Oliver to AEW?? Please!?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i was expecting a pipe bomb.

i got a single blackcat in a ant hill.

that promo was too short and too damn weak.

this was, as MJF said, PG punk.
    I wasn't even really expecting him to go off about AEW, there could be NDAs in place. But surely he would at least mention the way he left WWE and the open hostility with which he spoke of it during his years away.

Take away the "best in the world" catchphrase, and any returning face could have cut that promo.

Even if they're going for a deliberate sense of insincerity to setup a heel turn, it needs to feel like CM Punk is really *trying*.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I wasn't even really expecting him to go off about AEW, there could be NDAs in place. But surely he would at least mention the way he left WWE and the open hostility with which he spoke of it during his years away.

Take away the "best in the world" catchphrase, and any returning face could have cut that promo.

Even if they're going for a deliberate sense of insincerity to setup a heel turn, it needs to feel like CM Punk is really *trying*.

I think beyond yelling at the end , I don't need to be friends , i'm here for the money....Punk was trying to legit show the WWE folks he can be a team guy. He was likely told...don't mention anyone yet , don't rip Seth Rollins yet (he hinted at him) and just wait til you confront him at some point.

This was a "playing ball" promo more or less for the company.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post

There's no NDA on his beef with Hangman. This is why I want the broken skull sessions

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's no NDA on his beef with Hangman. This is why I want the broken skull sessions
    I wouldn't want to dish on a motherfucker that drinks people's blood.

Who knows how close he is to turning into a New Jack and goes all Mass Transit on Punk.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I wouldn't want to dish on a motherfucker that drinks people's blood.

Who knows how close he is to turning into a New Jack and goes all Mass Transit on Punk.
    Considering Punk is like 2-0 in fights with AEW guys....does Hangman wanna try it ? I mean dude with a surgically repaired foot and bad arm won a 2 on 3 fight last year lol.

diet pepsi punk no thanks...

The 2021 return promo is officially hilarious now.

And the 2022 return promo.

Man, will he do a TNA return promo next year!?

Punk's definitely pretending to be a face atm he said he loves the fans about a billion times, said he's home and other things his rebellious character would never say. Ending the show by saying he's here to make money not friends making sure to say it off mic so the fans in the building don't hear him was telling imo. Seth called him a hypocrite and I think in their upcoming feud Seth will expose him as one and Punk will fully turn heel.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The 2021 return promo is officially hilarious now.

And the 2022 return promo.

Man, will he do a TNA return promo next year!?
    Honestly TNA would have been a better fit but he's ego wouldn't let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Honestly TNA would have been a better fit but he's ego wouldn't let him go.
    Well we have to ask ourselves this…in the same situation would we do TNA if another company is going to pay you more money and sell more merchandise? Punk is thinking business related here and he can make way more in WWE.

It’s the same way with Cody. He’s hawking his merchandise on tv and all. I can’t fault Cody for leaving to get the bag.

Hell we can joke about Cody selling out too really. Guys told Cody was so anti-WWE and he was smashing HHHs throne on a PPV. But he saw a better deal coming…