Page 12 of 902 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm hearing that the WWE network is moving to the Peacock Network.

Interesting.

Very interesting.
    WWE Network to Be Exclusive to NBC's Peacock; WWE Reportedly Earns $1B on Deal.

I didn't believe the rumors. Then this hit all the news this morning. $1B ... Vince has more money than Trump now.

I am really surprised since NBC is killing all their sports.

Holy Cow ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Really sad. They were really pushing hard to make the network the go-to place for all wrestling, past and present, not just WWE. Now they've kind of thrown that all away in favor of short-term profits.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Mighty Member

I suspect they need the money. (Any hard data on this? I am guessing based on things we are hearing about declining ratings and such.)

I am really surprised since NBC is killing all their sports.

Holy Cow ...
    Are they going to treat it as "sports" or "entertainment"?

NBC might be planning to use WWE as a bridge, and a place to advertise sports-specific content elsewhere.
    Last edited by CentralPower; 01-25-2021 at 10:08 AM.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    I suspect they need the money. (Any hard data on this? I am guessing based on things we are hearing about a declining beatings candidacy.)
    The company doesn't--it's stronger than ever. Maybe the McMahons are interested in selling.

Peacock is currently cheaper than WWE Network so I'm not complaining.
    Last edited by titanfan; 01-25-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The company doesn't--it's stronger than ever. Maybe the McMahons are interested in selling.

Depends on if you're cool with ads. If not, then it will be the same price as before, although now you get the Peacock stuff.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Yeah considering we get to save $5 a month with the move to Peacock I am honestly completely fine with it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

If it's exclusively under Peacock then that means Raw can air live on the network, right?

I thought wwe wasn't doing that great cuz of the pandemic?
    Last edited by choptop; 01-25-2021 at 05:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That was the thought--but then the quarterly reports came out and the financials were better than ever. (Look at their soaring stock)

Basically, it revealed how much of a loss the WWE has been taking by doing live traveling shows and house shows every week. Once they cut those expenses down--and still kept the biggest sources of revenue--TV--they were pretty much making the same amount of money but didn't have the added burden of spending $$$$ to produce all of these travelling shows week in and week out. It basically cemented their status as a content provider and not a touring wrestling company.

The big test is when they actually start touring again--their expenses are actually going to go up again. Imho, there's no way they will tour as much or as often as they used to. They might even decide to do studio shows more often to save even more money. (And while talent would not be making house show money anymore they also would be working fewer days a week and it might be better in the long term)

WWE is having their best financial year because of the pandemic. They actually saved a ton on production costs staying in the performance center and Thunderdome than going on the road and not going live every week. Having actual fans on the shows don't really matter to WWE as most of their cash comes from their TV deals.

That was the thought--but then the quarterly reports came out and the financials were better than ever. (Look at their soaring stock)

Basically, it revealed how much of a loss the WWE has been taking by doing live traveling shows and house shows every week. Once they cut those expenses down--and still kept the biggest sources of revenue--TV--they were pretty much making the same amount of money but didn't have the added burden of spending $$$$ to produce all of these travelling shows week in and week out. It basically cemented their status as a content provider and not a touring wrestling company.

The big test is when they actually start touring again--their expenses are actually going to go up again. Imho, there's no way they will tour as much or as often as they used to. They might even decide to do studio shows more often to save even more money. (And while talent would not be making house show money anymore they also would be working fewer days a week and it might be better in the long term)
    Without a house show circuit they won't need to have a huge roster.

Mighty Member

Never mind travel costs like insurance or road crew.

We can also probably expect more cinematics.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

But the ratings are really bad worse then WCW how are they making money?

TV deals and ad revenue. Fox paid the company $1 billion to provide content for their networks in a five year deal. They also have a very lucrative deal with USA. They can easily provide content to any network who needs sports content.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    TV deals and ad revenue. Fox paid the company $1 billion to provide content for their networks in a five year deal. They also have a very lucrative deal with USA. They can easily provide content to any network who needs sports content.
    According to Forbes and BI, if it weren't for the pandemic, WWE would've been forced to sell major assets. The pandemic forced them to change and it actually helped them. What pushed them over was a second $1B deal.

A rare win during the COVID-19 era.

Who knew wrestling was going to be pandemic and depression proof?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium