Page 250 of 902 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350750 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So, WWE changed WALTER's name. Gunther Stark

However, there's someone else with that name.

It's not a wrestler though.

It's a Nazi U-Boat captain

In the old , old days Vince Sr. would have dressed him up as an evil Nazi heel wrestler and got huge heat. Back in 1960's and 70's.

https://www.wrestlingshame.com/2017/...i-gimmick.html
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

While sadly since Rob can't wrestle , he can still be funny and do fun shoot moments. Like the time he learned that CM Punk was now a locker room leader in WWE.

His reaction to this was a ...what ? CM Punk is now calling meetings in locker room ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I expect them to drop the last name and be done with it.
    Yeah, once he moves up to Raw or Smackdown, he'll simply be known as Gunther. Wouldn't be the first performer to have their name changed when they move up to the main roster.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Everyone has seen the Windham is coming teasers right?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I haven't?

Sat through two or three of those things.

Pretty disappointed that I have yet to be invited to the meeting at the hotel that tries to get me in on the pyramid scheme.

i haven't but i hope he's going to impact. really don't want to see him in aew.

speaking of which is good to see mox back.

brit & cole vs orange & statlander was great.

interested to see what happens with jericho/ortiz & santana/kingston.

black & king aren't quite nailing that finisher as well as the sumerian death squad(maybe because brody is so tall??) used to but it's pretty sweet they're calling it dante's inferno. nice little shot out to michael dante.

see 53 second mark for a look at how the sds used to do it

don't care about punk/mjf.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-20-2022 at 05:56 AM.

Well due to Covid complications from it , Konnan had heart surgery its been told. He's in stable condition after it.

And Pro Wrestling's best salesman , Don West has revealed his cancer is back. He shared a Go Fund Me as he battles it in hospital . Jeff Jarrett told last month that West was back in hospital to kick cancers ass a 2nd time !

West back in the day ...

Bruce Prichard said Don West was the greatest salesman he ever saw. (As an example he said TNA's house shows outsold merch wise WWE's by a big margin all due to West's selling during them !)

Get well Konnan and West.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Pretty strong fun Dynamite all around. Cole & Britt vs Orange & Kris was surprisingly good and fun, I think that might be the best intergender match I've ever seen (especially since I don't watch many or really want to). Moxley. Punk/MJF feud. Lance/Page feud. Inner Circle turmoil. PAC/Black I'm super excited for. I continue to enjoy The Acclaimed.

I was impressed. They advanced their stories/feuds well. Got me excited for Beach Break.

If only Omega could come back, I think AEW would then be at its full might.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-20-2022 at 06:26 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Sami Zayn signed a new deal with WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Pretty strong fun Dynamite all around. Cole & Britt vs Orange & Kris was surprisingly good and fun, I think that might be the best intergender match I've ever seen (especially since I don't watch many or really want to). Moxley. Punk/MJF feud. Lance/Page feud. Inner Circle turmoil. PAC/Black I'm super excited for. I continue to enjoy The Acclaimed.

I was impressed. They advanced their stories/feuds well. Got me excited for Beach Break.

If only Omega could come back, I think AEW would then be at its full might.
    i'm actually not missing omega at all. i guess that's when it pays to have a bloated roster. even w/o injuries i think they should cycle guys in and out. they have so many guys that can fill top slots.

was watching some of impact and damn those guys don't know how to book an invasion. also as great as gresham is, after that match with burt macklin i don't want to see pure rules in impact again.

i hope josh alexander leaves impact when his contract is up.

There is a lot of 50/50 on whether the Windham trailers are legit. A lot are claiming they are really great fan made ones and one claims Windham told them he has nothing to do with them. But the latest one flashed a 3 weeks deal. That in 3 weeks something will happen.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Man, the WALTER/Gunther thing is so shamefully abysmally bad....if this was indeed some sort of IP leverage move against WALTER, then it's plain nonsensical. He'd absolutely never want to work as "Gunther" for AEW/Impact/NJPW/elsewhere.
    Due to the criticisms, WWE dropped [from Gunther] the [Nazi] surname [of Stark], however fans still aren’t happy with this very unnecessary change.

Reports have confirmed that the reason behind this name change is due to WWE’s concerns that he may go on to use the name outside of WWE if he were to be released. Also, Gunther’s real name is in fact Walter, therefore they cannot officially trademark it as a ring name.

With so many stars being released despite popularity, this is a fair concern on their part. Although I can’t imagine he’d want to carry on using the moniker of Gunther if he were to return to the indie circuit.
    https://culturedvultures.com/reason-...alter-gunther/

Have to laugh that WWE isn't happy with NXT 2.0 so far. You gut it and expect fans to quickly take to it?
    Internally WWE is said to be disappointed w/ NXT 2.0 in its first 4 months. Source said they thought more fans would gravitate towards the newer stars quicker than they have. Could it just be too much, too fast? Either way I don’t expect any changes to the concept… just yet.
    https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2022/01...rding-nxt-2-0/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-21-2022 at 02:08 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There is a lot of 50/50 on whether the Windham trailers are legit. A lot are claiming they are really great fan made ones and one claims Windham told them he has nothing to do with them. But the latest one flashed a 3 weeks deal. That in 3 weeks something will happen.
    They show stuff from WWE that's suspect right there.