Page 212 of 902 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312712 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

I was hoping it was a work and it was a recent cut like Top Dolla

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I don't think Bobby got humiliated at the end of his run
    He wasn't but Vince took the Vince way out of Survivor Series. He needed a Face to sacrifice to Roman. The All Mighty might be the only full time wrestler that could dethrone Reigns. It has WrestleMania type potential. Though I would love Lashley vs Lesner too.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Geez a (real) fan attacked Seth Rollins after his match with Finn Balor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Footage of the fan attack
    https://streamja.com/gOmbz
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I was hoping it was a work and it was a recent cut like Top Dolla

Fan attacks are still a very real dangerous part of the industry as we know. With the crowds so close we have seen it for years. Anyhow here is a very close angle and how the fan managed to come around the side and it seems like a wrestler coming out to attack. (He nearly spear tackles Rollins to the ground)

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

In listening to a shoot from the now retired Sabu ; he revealed how much he made off his sole WWE Video game (A Smackdown one). Anyhow Sabu claims he was paid every 3 months quarterly. That he was shocked just how good he was paid from it royalty wise. That he wished the WWE would put him in another one for the royalties.

But he earned over $100,000 for the year on it ! He joked about how much someone like Undertaker has earned off these games over the last 2 decades alone !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It struck me just now how sort of unusual it is to see Paul Heyman on the WWE side of the AEW/WWE competition. AEW reminds me more of Heyman than current WWE. It was Heyman, I think before WCW, that really tried to bring some more cruiserweight action to U.S. audiences.

But Heyman I guess has always been close to Vince, they've helped each other, and maybe that's why Heyman will always stay in Vince's orbit.

Heyman: "[AEW is] viable. They are a viable entity. God bless them for being there. However, I am not the target audience. My personal opinion on their product, if I were to sit here and go, 'My God, they are great,' who cares what I think? It is merely a personal opinion and nothing more.

"They are not geared towards me. If I went, 'Oh my God, they suck, they are horrible,' I highly doubt they should care about that either. When [UFC President] Dana White gave his opinion on WWE and it was not flattering, I was asked about it, and I went, 'And?' Who gives a f--k? I do not think AEW should give a f--k what I think about them."
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...release-rumors
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-23-2021 at 06:35 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It struck me just now how sort of unusual it is to see Paul Heyman on the WWE side of the AEW/WWE competition. AEW reminds me more of Heyman than current WWE. It was Heyman, I think before WCW, that really tried to bring some more cruiserweight action to U.S. audiences.

But Heyman I guess has always been close to Vince, they've helped each other, and maybe that's why Heyman will always stay in Vince's orbit.

Heyman is telling the truth here. He's not the AEW target range. Paul E is no longer the 30ish guy who ran ECW and fit that target age of what that audience wants.

Paul is really loyal to Vince. If anyone remembers he could have joined WCW and invaded at Great American Bash 2000. So he wanted an insane deal to do it lol.

The closest he came to leaving was in 2009 for TNA. And that came down to something that Dixie should have done for him to take over creative control.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I saw Paul being loyal to Brock than to Vince. Paul has butted heads with the McMahon and walked away before. His return 9 years ago was for Brock.

Astonishing Member

Heyman is telling the truth here. He's not the AEW target range. Paul E is no longer the 30ish guy who ran ECW and fit that target age of what that audience wants.
    I could easily make the argument that ECW wasn't known for it's amazing wrestling. It had it--but it wasn't considered a "wrestling brand" like AEW is. Paul has always been about entertainment, just like WWE. (albeit in a different way)

That doesn't mean he wouldn't kill it in AEW. But he understands the sports entertainment part too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

I'm not seeing how he's on WWE's side here? He mostly seems to be saying 'They're doing good, they don't need to care about my opinion.'

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I'm not seeing how he's on WWE's side here? He mostly seems to be saying 'They're doing good, they don't need to care about my opinion.'
    I didn't mean to say his answer was pro-WWE. His answer is very understandably and yet unusually evasive. I was more just thinking how ... interesting or puzzling it is that he's still with WWE, but I have no idea what his contract situation is or anything.

But yeah, it's true, as another poster said that Heyman is kinda like a Vince/Khan hybrid..entertainment and wrestling (and people can argue forever about his balance or imbalance of those if you look at ECW, his short Smackdown 6 tenure, etc).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-23-2021 at 09:58 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In listening to a shoot from the now retired Sabu ; he revealed how much he made off his sole WWE Video game (A Smackdown one). Anyhow Sabu claims he was paid every 3 months quarterly. That he was shocked just how good he was paid from it royalty wise. That he wished the WWE would put him in another one for the royalties.

But he earned over $100,000 for the year on it ! He joked about how much someone like Undertaker has earned off these games over the last 2 decades alone !
    On WWE 2K18, there were three different version of Undertaker. Did he get three times the royalties for that?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Sabu should sign a legends deal if he wants video game royalties again

Astonishing Member

The WWE Video Game IP pulls is worth more than NFL and NBA, according to their share holders meetings.

In a crazy twist, the fan who attacked Seth Rollins was being catfished by a fake Seth Rollins account and was scammed out of hundreds of dollars.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Calling bullshit on the first one. NFL and NBA licences are worth far more then WWE.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Calling bullshit on the first one. NFL and NBA licences are worth far more then WWE.
    You're right, my bad, I misremembered. Looks like they were talking mobile gaming only. :P

https://411mania.com/games/wwe-big-v...mobile-gaming/