Page 692 of 902 FirstFirst ... 192592642682688689690691692693694695696702742792 ... LastLast
Results 10,366 to 10,380 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They are pretty adamant in media that they're only going to have one world title.

Rumor has Mox taking the International Title off Orange.
    They have something special running with Cassidy. Be a damn shame to see that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They have something special running with Cassidy. Be a damn shame to see that.
    Push him up the card? He'd actually be a great foil MJF. And Black. And several others. He was great in his short angle with Omega and the Elite.

They pretty much elevated their tertiary title above their secondary with Orange's run, so I'd say job well done.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

They are pretty adamant in media that they're only going to have one world title.

Rumor has Mox taking the International Title off Orange.
    That was before cm punk and Collision though.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Real world heavyweight championship heel punk I'm loving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He's not went full heel.
    Yeah, Punk is not heel yet. Not even sure he teased it yet. I can't remember how Punk phrased it, but he somewhat acknowledged he's not champion (like MJF), and more emphasized that he earned his belt and hasn't been pinned or submitted for it. The black X spray paint mark came off to me like Punk basically making his belt seem not unlike the unofficial FTW title.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-31-2023 at 05:43 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Spectacular Member

The Buddy Matthews vs. Andrade El Idolo Pt. 2 match on Collision was another terrific match between the two.

And Buddy getting his dislocated shoulder popped back in, then straight back into the match was damn impressive.

What I love about MJF/Cole right now is that it's unpredictable, I have no idea where this is going or when it's gonna get there.

I thought MJF/Cole might have won the titles. I thought it possible that MJF would turn on Cole in that match. Or maybe FTR would turn on Cole, Pinnacle reformed. Now, the train has left the tracks and I don't know where this wild story is going.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    What I love about MJF/Cole right now is that it's unpredictable, I have no idea where this is going or when it's gonna get there.

I thought MJF/Cole might have won the titles. I thought it possible that MJF would turn on Cole in that match. Or maybe FTR would turn on Cole, Pinnacle reformed. Now, the train has left the tracks and I don't know where this wild story is going.
    Cole is MJF's first kayfabe friend.

I think Cole turns on MJF, that's the better story on tap ATM.

We've done that with MJF twice in AEW, time to turn the tables.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Cole is MJF's first kayfabe friend.

I think Cole turns on MJF, that's the better story on tap ATM.

We've done that with MJF twice in AEW, time to turn the tables.
    It would also be a way to make a story where MJF occupies the “face” spot without actually being face at all - AEW can totally pull off an “evil vs evil” feud, and MJF is totally a skilled enough worker to make a petulant, vindictive feud enjoyable on his side, with Cole being smarmy enough to be the de-facto “heelier-heel.”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    It would also be a way to make a story where MJF occupies the “face” spot without actually being face at all - AEW can totally pull off an “evil vs evil” feud, and MJF is totally a skilled enough worker to make a petulant, vindictive feud enjoyable on his side, with Cole being smarmy enough to be the de-facto “heelier-heel.”
    Yea, I suspect MJF would stay heel, like you say. Cole turns genuine hard heel and MJF angrily uses the betrayal to justify his antisocial hateful side and it's then heel vs heel in a way.

MJF could even be full Babyface as opposed to tweener like he is now, then his Uber heel will be even more justified later on down the road.

But that means we will have 3 heel vs. heel fueds going at once.

Random note, AEW is about to outsale WM's 81K hard tickets (that they inflated to 101k). Be funny if AEW inflated the free tickets by one, lol.

They really are dragging out the feud between The Jobbers Academy and Viking Future Endeavors. How many months has this been going on now? lol

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    They really are dragging out the feud between The Jobbers Academy and Viking Future Endeavors. How many months has this been going on now? lol
    With the matches these guys can put on, let them keep going...

Cody on leaving AEW (which is from his new Peacock documentary):
    I can’t tell you why I left AEW. I can’t, and I won’t. But I’ll tell you the reasons that were said that didn’t actually matter. I didn’t leave AEW because of money, and I didn’t leave AEW because of other talents. I left AEW because of a personal issue. That’s it.
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...190752732.html

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Bash at the Beach 2000 is this Dark Side of the Ring episode. Its a rare deal where both Bischoff and Russo have huge ego issues and you really can't say either man is in the right. Then add Dave Meltzer who doesn't want to credit Russo for anything and cites Steve Austin and Rock there (well Uncle Dave without the writer....those characters don't take off ya know).

This one is just skipping events. Like the behind the scenes situation where Russo was sent home in January 2000. Or the original proposal for the Millionaire's Club and New Blood. Where both men were supposed to lead each group but that changed.

Russo claims that he went into group meeting and even Jarrett backs this up ; the idea at Bash at the Beach was he asked everyone there..."Who deserves to be WCW World Champion right now..." Everyone said ...Booker T. So basically Russo said he knew he was gonna make it Jarret vs Booker T then and there. Russo then proposed that Jarrett would get 1 more win before losing to Booker T that night...and he wrote the Hogan match and wrote him strong , but he would lose there.

Bischoff comes in and doesn't help himself or the business here. Citing how Hogan had complete creative control and how he and Hulk knew what they wanted to do. Jarrett brings up how talent having complete creative control of finishes is a conflict of interest and its not good. Because are they doing it for the business or themselves.

Russo rewrote the script completely he claims. He wrote that Hogan is even more strong like King Kong. Laying waste to a bunch of people like Scott Steiner and Jarrett. But he doesn't leave with the title. Hogan accepts this 2nd script and they head to Bash at the Beach.

Once there Bischoff walks up and tells Russo how he best go to trailer and talk to Hulk. Because he isn't gonna do the 2nd script either !

Then we get the revelation most of us never knew. IT WAS BISCHOFF WHO PROPOSED THE JARRETT LAYS DOWN AND HOGAN WALKS OUT spot. Holy f'n crap. He reveals this and tries to act like this is great to do. Because he wants a tournament done and to conclude at Halloween Havoc. With Hogan appearing and gonna face the winner there. Months away.... Then Eric taunts how he had more power and would get his way.

Russo is rightfully piiiiisssed. Telling them both they pulled this bullsh-t on the day of the big show. Bischoff gets Brad Siegal (the guy in charge then) who went with Bischoff's proposal. Russo was sitting there thinking ...some how Booker T needs to walk out of this as World Champion but he won't tell Bischoff and Hulk. Who believe they are getting their way.

Jarrett is kept in the dark awhile. Russo to protect Jeff questions the entire wisdom of this Hulk Hogan proposed finish. As the face winning this way makes no real sense. That he should wanna beat someone for a belt. Jarrett even sits and thinks of quitting after this crap. Because is this good for the business he grew up with ? A fact he claims (and video backs it up from event) where he debates coming out and how he could force Hulk to beat on him and give him a big boot than do a dive as planned. Because he's really disgusted with this entire idea.

Jeff Jarrett is so pissed at Hogan now , "You want your creative control so bad...take it !"

Jarrett never looked at Hogan the same way after this situation. That he orchestrated this entire thing. That at times you can confuse fans and this one confused and lost them in a swoop.

Bischoff and Hulk leave in a limo all happy they had f-cked everyone over for themselves apparently. They are high fiving and drinking on the plan all proud of it. Except they never realized....what would happen 30 minutes later as Russo cut his famous promo.

Its then Russo cuts his famous Bash at the Beach promo and how he even confused Lance Storm (and others) backstage. Storm is like... is this the booking plan ? Is this real ? WTF is going on.

Russo claims that this entire thing overall secretly was PLANNED in the meeting. To make it look real , he told them about his promo and more. That Hulk had to leave the building and the overall plan was to do Booker T as champion. With Hulk returning in October at Halloween Havoc. Bischoff denies this and cites Hulk's creative control card and how Russo is a pathilogical liar.

Storm and Jarrett even question Hogan's lawsuit over defamation of character and Jeff is like.,.."Your really suing over this ? Shut up..." as you can tell he's disgusted by this debacle. The case goes to court where a fax is detailed that even Meltzer seems iffy on. The courts dismiss Hogan's pathetic lawsuit saying it was pro wrestling characters.

Jarrett believes Hogan wanted another big pay day as WCW wasn't gonna keep him after his deal ended . The radio interview Hulk does seem to back up this claim. Later its claimed Turner settled with Hogan for 7 figures after this (Bischoff claims it...so who knows). Jeff Jarrett chimed in best...

"Some guys play checkers , Hogan played chess and cashed out."

The end sees what we saw play out as the clock ticked to end on WCW. But in this Bischoff looked very bad and literally didn't help the company he worked for. Instead he basically was siding with his powerful friend to create crap. So in this he made Russo actually look like the good guy who was trying to actually create a star here. (Booker T)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.