Page 72 of 902 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172572 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    B/R had an article that really hit home with me, WWE roster is stacked but the booking is atrocious. What interesting storyline is out right now? I like the Tribal Chief and the All Mighty on top of their respective brands but what storylines are moving you right now? Bobby's and Roman's are meh, they are giving Rhea and Bianca a chance at the top but what interesting story is happening there? I kind of like what Sheamus and Apollo are doing but neither are in the middle of a good storyline. Nothing is going on with the Raw tag titles and while taking the belts off the Dirty Dogs makes sense because the Uso's going for the tag belts is soon to begin and better for them to go after a face tag team. The women's tag team division seems like the same matches every week and even NXT seems muddled. I know they are no doubt in treading water mode until Summer Slam, which would be ok if they didn't seem to be treading water ever since Covid hit.
    The COVID storylines were mostly excellent. I'd argue Smackdown has been pretty good but RAW has been atrocious, I can't believe they have the same writing teams. I do think they are treading water, it's weird they are moving Hell In a Cell before Money In the Bank--it actually feels like MITB would be the perfect time to be now since a bunch of divisions need a storyline jump start.

There's definitely been a lack of momentum and starting new, interesting stories after 'Mania.

Bayley/Bianca has heated up in a few weeks.

The Reigns/Uso storyline is fantastic.

Where is Zayn? AJ/Omos/Apollo have pretty much have had momentum killed after winning their titles. What happened to Retribution going solo?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The COVID storylines were mostly excellent. I'd argue Smackdown has been pretty good but RAW has been atrocious, I can't believe they have the same writing teams. I do think they are treading water, it's weird they are moving Hell In a Cell before Money In the Bank--it actually feels like MITB would be the perfect time to be now since a bunch of divisions need a storyline jump start.

There's definitely been a lack of momentum and starting new, interesting stories after 'Mania.

Bayley/Bianca has heated up in a few weeks.

The Reigns/Uso storyline is fantastic.

Where is Zayn? AJ/Omos/Apollo have pretty much have had momentum killed after winning their titles. What happened to Retribution going solo?
    Zayn Owens and Apollo are all feuding over the IC title. Zayn was on Smackdown last week.

AJ and Apollo are nowhere to be found though.

Reigns is good but he can’t keep rolling over faces clean. It gets boring when he wins every single feud (and I’ve been a big Reigns cheerleader since the heel turn). They need to spice it up.

Move Lashley away from Drew and let him feud with someone else. Let Drew also feud with someone else to keep things fresh.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Zayn Owens and Apollo are all feuding over the IC title. Zayn was on Smackdown last week.

Reigns is good but he can’t keep rolling over faces clean. It gets boring when he wins every single feud (and I’ve been a big Reigns cheerleader since the heel turn). They need to spice it up.

Move Lashley away from Drew and let him feud with someone else. Let Drew also feud with someone else to keep things fresh.
    I think we're getting one more Lashley-Drew match, at Hell in a Cell

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I don't now if Love isn't a good fit for ROH's women's division just for the fact that ROH have been struggling from the start to figure out what their women's division even is. They're kind of in "soft reboot" mode now with it, but even before this it always felt like they didn't quite know what to do with it.

If anything, at least Love adds a "name" wrestler to the division.
    RoH is a company that's hugely made up of workhorses and Love definitely isn't that. She was there because Velvet was and she was there because she was dating Bubba.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I want to see Drew feud with Jinder. Draw on their history being in 3MB. Bring up their main-event success. It's such a natural feud

Extraordinary Member

B/R had an article that really hit home with me, WWE roster is stacked but the booking is atrocious. What interesting storyline is out right now? I like the Tribal Chief and the All Mighty on top of their respective brands but what storylines are moving you right now? Bobby's and Roman's are meh, they are giving Rhea and Bianca a chance at the top but what interesting story is happening there? I kind of like what Sheamus and Apollo are doing but neither are in the middle of a good storyline. Nothing is going on with the Raw tag titles and while taking the belts off the Dirty Dogs makes sense because the Uso's going for the tag belts is soon to begin and better for them to go after a face tag team. The women's tag team division seems like the same matches every week and even NXT seems muddled. I know they are no doubt in treading water mode until Summer Slam, which would be ok if they didn't seem to be treading water ever since Covid hit.
    I think it’s just the natural result of the way WWE does booking and storytelling - it’s an already somewhat sloppy and micro-managed process that then gets built around 4 main PPVs.

Sometime,a it’s not nearly as much fo a hassle, and they manage to have *something* going pretty steady. But they’re not designed to really be flexible or fluid, or to maximize the full roster they have under control. Not on the main shows, at least.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

There are no legit challengers to Reign's right now on Smackdown, although I think they are slowly building towards Rollins - Regins. Who else is there on SD to be considered main event / world title material. Raw needs to change up feuds for Lashley and Drew, I do like the idea of a Drew / Jinder feud. Strohman is basically a mid carder at this point. They could do something with Keith Lee vs Lashley, if and when ever they bring him back.

The Fiend is being repackaged once again, but he isn't main event material right now either, he is creative but he has never been taken seriously in my opinion. They could do something with Priest now that the Miz was eaten by Zombies, lol. SD could do something with Alastair Black?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    There are no legit challengers to Reign's right now on Smackdown, although I think they are slowly building towards Rollins - Regins. Who else is there on SD to be considered main event / world title material. Raw needs to change up feuds for Lashley and Drew, I do like the idea of a Drew / Jinder feud. Strohman is basically a mid carder at this point. They could do something with Keith Lee vs Lashley, if and when ever they bring him back.

The Fiend is being repackaged once again, but he isn't main event material right now either, he is creative but he has never been taken seriously in my opinion. They could do something with Priest now that the Miz was eaten by Zombies, lol. SD could do something with Alastair Black?
    IIRC black is being moved to Raw.

Roman's next feud is probably Jimmy Uso. Then he just needs a filler feud to last until Summer Slam when he faces Rollins.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    RoH is a company that's hugely made up of workhorses and Love definitely isn't that. She was there because Velvet was and she was there because she was dating Bubba.
    Not every wrestler, male of female, in ROH is going to be a workhorse. They also have wrestlers like PCO, Castle and Danhausen. They all play their role.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In reading Bubba is gone from ROH it appears and other men have that role now. I think he couldn't survive the terrible year ROH had business wise from 2019/2020 from what we read awhile back. Its said business took a massive nosedive after Cody and everyone departed for AEW.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

A round of NXT cuts today. So far the list is:

* Alexander Wolfe
    * Skyler Story
    * Ezra Judge
    * Kavita Devi
    * Jessamyn Duke
    * Vanessa Borne
    * Drake Wuertz (referee)
    * Jake Clemons (referee)

Also, AEW Dynamite is moving to TBS next year, getting a new show called "Rampage" and getting 4 PPV-type specials on TNT.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

Good Riddence to Drake Wuertz. Sad for the rest of them though

Letting Devi go is a mistake. Her matches have attracted a large number of Indian viewers on YouTube. She could have succeeded where Jinder failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I want to see Drew feud with Jinder. Draw on their history being in 3MB. Bring up their main-event success. It's such a natural feud
    that would be cool, i like jinger, he's not great in the ring but i think drew could bring out the best in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Good Riddence to Drake Wuertz. Sad for the rest of them though
    he was the best wrestler of the bunch, and better than a lot still on the roster. always wondered how he end up getting signed as a ref. look forward to seeing him back on the indy scene, or GCW at least until things get back to normal.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 05-19-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    that would be cool, i like jinger, he's not great in the ring but i think drew could bring out the best in him.

he was the best wrestler of the bunch, and better than a lot still on the roster. always wondered how he end up getting signed as a ref. look forward to seeing him back on the indy scene, or GCW at least until things get back to normal.
    Wuertz is a covid denier.