Page 202 of 902 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302702 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 13529
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I knew Danielson was viewing his current 3 year contract as his last run of being able to wrestle at a high level, but he makes it more and more seem like this run is like THE END of his career, on if he'll resign:
    “I don’t know [if this is my last wrestling contract], I think so. When I think about it in my head, right now, I feel invincible. My body feels the best it’s ever felt since I was in my 20s. When I signed this deal, (Brie Bella) and I were thinking it would be my last contract. What I’m kind of hoping is that I’m having so much fun and feeling so good, that by the end of the three years that I’ve worked so and had so many intense matches that my body doesn’t feel great. Like, repairable, if I stopped wrestling for six months I’ll feel as good as new, but I’ll feel like, ‘Okay, now I’m kind of done being a full time wrestler.’ The hard part would be thinking, ‘Man, I still feel good,’ and I want to be a full-time wrestler, but because of age or wanting to be there for my kids, stepping away from being a full-time wrestler then would be a lot more difficult.”
    https://wrestletalk.com/news/bryan-d...-aew-contract/

I know he maybe leaves room with full time vs part time wrestler, but it's interesting the way he views his current 3 year deal of an AEW run.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-11-2021 at 06:50 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Lio Rush tore the house down!

He's really showing how badly the WWE nuetered him.

Dante and Lio as a tag team will be awesome.
    Lio was impressive, this was like the first full match I've seen with him. Lio seems heel, and Dante is a babyface, so I'm thinking they're sooner to be feuding with each other than be a tag team for long.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Dante teams with his brother so I doubt the team with Lio will be long term.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    How big could Mandy Rose get, if Vince and company decided to make her V-trigger knee into the new diamond cutter? Diamond Dallas Page was a manager and even at his peak never was the greatest in ring performer but the bookers decided to make the diamond cutter Jake the Snake's DDT. Quick explosive unstoppable, sort of like what the RKO became. This allowed DDP to be put into programs with obviously superior in ring performers like say a Benoit, Booker T or Guerrero. Would the same work for Mandy? Should she get into a program with a Sasha, Asuka, Bailey, Becky, Charlotte or Bazeler and come off "believable"? She is gorgeous the camera loves her and Vince is obviously trying everything he can to make her work, just curious as to what her ceiling might be, while yet maintaining the high standard for women's wrestling the WWE has achieved. I know she is not their yet but how high can she get?
    I don't see why she couldn't be a star. I also see why they re-sent her to NXT (or she asked for it). She needs a bit more polish in-ring and on the mic and she can get that in NXT. Many having a dangerous finisher could help sell her a lot. It needs to be believable that she has a chance of beating Raquel or Sasha or Charlotte. I felt Sonya carried her feud with Mandy, both in ring and promo wise. If anything that feud made Sonya the star.

Becky and Charlotte had a falling out. They don't talk anymore

https://twitter.com/SI_wrestling/sta...PMThIKUAQ&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Dante teams with his brother so I doubt the team with Lio will be long term.
    could be a solid stable, and before anybody says it, no it doesn't need to be a new nation of domination.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So in whats reported from Wrestling Observer ; Rob Van Dam is having brain issues. A lot is due to repeated concussions.

Well its claimed Rob can't even remember his spots in ring anymore. RVD told Reelz he's had a lot of concussions in his career and is struggling to get past a last one.

As Rob claims , no one thought he would last long due to physical style. That he's went way longer than many thought.

But I guess this is why Rob hasn't worked since summer of 2020.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    could be a solid stable, and before anybody says it, no it doesn't need to be a new nation of domination.
    I don't see Nation in Lio and Top Flight. Dante still looks uncomfortable being in front of a camera.

I don't see Nation in Lio and Top Flight. Dante still looks uncomfortable being in front of a camera.
    me either but it's a group of african american wrestlers, somebody is going to come up with the idea of a new nation.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    As Rob claims , no one thought he would last long due to physical style. That he's went way longer than many thought.

But I guess this is why Rob hasn't worked since summer of 2020.
    He's gotta put his health first, because he especially has nothing left to prove. It's sad. I have admired his longevity, his hard work, and I hope he realizes he has nothing more to prove if he retired. From kissing Ted DiBiase's feet in 1987 to AJPW to ECW to briefly main eventing in WWE, RVD has like done it all. Sabu joined Jerry Lynn in retirement now. It seems like it's that time for RVD.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-12-2021 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    He's gotta put his health first, because he especially has nothing left to prove. It's sad. I have admired his longevity, his hard work, and I hope he realizes he has nothing more to prove if he retired. From kissing Ted DiBiase's feet in 1987 to AJPW to ECW to briefly main eventing in WWE, RVD has like done it all. Sabu joined Jerry Lynn in retirement now. It seems like it that time for RVD.
    i wish he had retired before his last run in impact. that is not how i want to remember him.

Beth Phoenix said that one of the first things she did when she worked for WWE was pitch the idea of being Lesnar's sister

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBethPh...68481651355648

I would have believed it

Astonishing Member

i see 5 members of top flight
    Lio rush Darius Martin & Daunte Martin mike and matt sydal
    Last edited by steve2275; 11-12-2021 at 07:50 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The Best Friends have joined ...

CHAOS!!

Yes! My body is ready ... OKADA is coming to AEW!!! Romero just recruited them on behalf of Okada.

And best of all .... Yanu plus OC.

Rainmaker vs. American Dragon is on the horizon!!

Man ... I wish Nakamura was still there ...

Statlander will be the 3rd female to join a New Japan stable .. that is awesome!
    That's awesome, maybe we get a mini Roppongi reunion.

That ... Was one of the best PPVs I have seen in years.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium