Page 13 of 902 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    TV deals and ad revenue. Fox paid the company $1 billion to provide content for their networks in a five year deal. They also have a very lucrative deal with USA. They can easily provide content to any network who needs sports content.
    The money was guaranteed because that's what was in the contract. (There might have been a certain minimum threshold but that's probably set ridiculously low)

There was literally no new content for TV providers to show. No new shows were taping, no sports were happening. Shows were desperate for new content--at this point WWE was a godsend, because it was one of the few shows that was still taping at all.

Non News, TV usage was down in general, with no new content, not a lot of things that is driving you to the product. The key for WWE was how it comes out of the pandemic.

Astonishing Member

Timely article from Sasha Banks where she talks about how the WWE's reduced travel schedule has improved everything about her: https://www.sescoops.com/2021/01/sas...avel-schedule/

I think there will be less motivation to do such a grueling house show schedule in the future.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

After being stationary for almost a full year I doubt most of the talent miss being on the road.

Ultimate Member

The wear and tear of being on the road for a long time can really take a toll on a person so its not surprising that they like not moving around so much, I'd guess that it would help both their physical and mental well being...

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Last night's "Smackdown" was everything I love about wrestling. It was not perfect, with a few rushed/perfunctory endings. But, overall, it was the right mix of story, spectacle and humor.

#justiceforsami made me laugh out loud. Is that camera crew actually filming? Is the footage available anywhere?
    while RAW otoh was the complete opposite. a fukn crime against humanity it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The Nick Gage story suuuuuuuuuper depressing.
    i thought he was doing ok now.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    So who are the "rumored" favorites to win each Rumble? It looks like they are teasing Alexa Bliss winning the women's. Maybe a returning Rollins on the men's side?
    alexa just beat the champion twice in 2 weeks, shouldn't she be challenging for the title at the rumble??

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    a lot of underrated talent came out of XPW
    i'd say they worked at xpw, not "came out of".

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    According to Forbes and BI, if it weren't for the pandemic, WWE would've been forced to sell major assets. The pandemic forced them to change and it actually helped them. What pushed them over was a second $1B deal.

A rare win during the COVID-19 era.

Who knew wrestling was going to be pandemic and depression proof?
    paying off Florida to make wrestling an essential business turned out to be brilliant if not morally bankrupt move.

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/...64845098717186

D lo Brown and Matt Striker on commentary
    Last edited by steve2275; 01-27-2021 at 05:39 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/...64845098717186

D lo Brown and Matt Striker on commentary
    big fan of joe doering but he doesn't fit with that crew. he should've been booked as a top contender coming into the promotion rather than muscle for EY

Mighty Member

Default Smackdown 01292021

Last night's "Smackdown" started off strong, but ultimately pushed too much at the end.

I like the more absurd parts of wrestling more than most people. But, even I think that the 10 man brawl at the end was a bit much. It was obviously intended as a preview of the Rumble, but was missing the veneer of structure that a Rumble match would have.

And, as a story, it lacked focus, which will make the eventual winner's victory less important. The nice touches (Cesaro not even pretending to worry about Shinsuke, or the Miz and Morrison being visibly frightened of Strowman) were lost in what was essentially a frenetic crowd scene.

Has anyone else noticed that Otis' showing seems to have improved?

Corbin vs Dominic Mysterio was better than I expected.

Bayley and Bianca was a fun match. It looks like WWE is trying to dial Bianca down. They cannot quite push her as an underdog. But, they are playing up the fact that she works hard and appreciates her opportunities.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Last night's "Smackdown" started off strong, but ultimately pushed too much at the end.

I like the more absurd parts of wrestling more than most people. But, even I think that the 10 man brawl at the end was a bit much. It was obviously intended as a preview of the Rumble, but was missing the veneer of structure that a Rumble match would have.

And, as a story, it lacked focus, which will make the eventual winner's victory less important. The nice touches (Cesaro not even pretending to worry about Shinsuke, or the Miz and Morrison being visibly frightened of Strowman) were lost in what was essentially a frenetic crowd scene.

Has anyone else noticed that Otis' showing seems to have improved?

Corbin vs Dominic Mysterio was better than I expected.

Bayley and Bianca was a fun match. It looks like WWE is trying to dial Bianca down. They cannot quite push her as an underdog. But, they are playing up the fact that she works hard and appreciates her opportunities.
    those vignettes they were doing where she was being a total dick to her friends seemed like they were trying to present her as a heel. oh and brand split LOL.

i'm happy to see chris dickinson getting work with NJPW strong. it's been a mystery to me why he's been unsigned for so long, imo definitely one of the best unsigned talents out there today.

for those unfamiliar

One of my real-life friends is struggling with an ongoing chronic medical condition. He's feeling a bit depressed and useless. He has started a YouTube Channel primarily dealing with Pro Wrestling, Video Games, Comics so Pop Culture content to help him pass the time. While we don't always see eye to eye I always find his videos entertaining and informative. Please watch his videos if you can as IWC/Comic Book fans we know how hard it is to grapple with mental health issues while also burdened with physical problems.

His latest Pro Wrestling video -

His Channel link -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz6...D6Rrl1T2qXUo5g

If you give his content a watch, thanks.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Anyone watching rumble? Drew and Goldberg match was decent. Gladly, Goldberg lost ��

Back to the rest home for Oldberg. Match lasted longer than I expected.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Back to the rest home for Oldberg. Match lasted longer than I expected.
    I'm pretty sure Drew/Goldberg were talking about Goldberg being gassed at the end and that's why Drew laughed. It was a fine Goldberg match.

Women's Rumble was the best Women's one and probably in the Top 5 Rumbles overall.

Owens/Reigns had a good match ruined by a botched ending.

Carlito finally comes back just be be the 5th guy out? Facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Carlito finally comes back just be be the 5th guy out? Facepalm.
    He might be back in WWE as regular ( similar to what MVP did).