Page 299 of 902 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399799 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The roster is too big for one World Championship
    Main event depth wise as I ran down isn't what it once was though. I mean if we look at the roster right now...this is the depth....

Edge
    AJ Styles
    Roman Reigns
    Bobby Lashley
    Drew McIntyre
    John Cena*
    Kevin Owens
    Big E**
    Randy Orton
    Rey Mysterio
    Seth Rollins
    The Miz
    Brock Lesnar *
    HHH **
    Goldberg *

Right now the WWE has 10 main event level guys they can go with. These are the guys who are not semi-retired and can go right now in Main Event scene.

* - These guys like Cena , Goldberg and Brock Lesnar are now semi-retired and come back for brief runs. They aren't gonna carry a main event scene long and usually work a big PPV or 2 a year and go home.

** - Big E and HHH may never wrestle again. Trips had heart surgery and I can't see him risking future health for matches. Jerry Lawler works matches still from what I have heard but would HHH put himself in risk for that ? Big E's neck injury could be the end of his career sadly.

Adding Cody if he's slotted in gives them 11 main event stars in here. There isn't much depth and this reminds me of the 2000s era where the WWE didn't have big depth then due to TNA signing talent then. So the company is in that same position right now. They are trying to re-establish a new set era of main event level guys I'm sure. But its gonna take time for Bron Breaker and others to get there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Main event depth wise as I ran down isn't what it once was though. I mean if we look at the roster right now...this is the depth....

Edge
    AJ Styles
    Roman Reigns
    Bobby Lashley
    Drew McIntyre
    John Cena*
    Kevin Owens
    Big E**
    Randy Orton
    Rey Mysterio
    Seth Rollins
    The Miz
    Brock Lesnar *
    HHH **
    Goldberg *

Right now the WWE has 10 main event level guys they can go with. These are the guys who are not semi-retired and can go right now in Main Event scene.

* - These guys like Cena , Goldberg and Brock Lesnar are now semi-retired and come back for brief runs. They aren't gonna carry a main event scene long and usually work a big PPV or 2 a year and go home.

** - Big E and HHH may never wrestle again. Trips had heart surgery and I can't see him risking future health for matches. Jerry Lawler works matches still from what I have heard but would HHH put himself in risk for that ? Big E's neck injury could be the end of his career sadly.

Adding Cody if he's slotted in gives them 11 main event stars in here. There isn't much depth and this reminds me of the 2000s era where the WWE didn't have big depth then due to TNA signing talent then. So the company is in that same position right now. They are trying to re-establish a new set era of main event level guys I'm sure. But its gonna take time for Bron Breaker and others to get there.
    Are you taking the word of the ex WWE doctor? Big E doesn't even need to have surgery for his injury. The worst that happens is the injury cuts his career shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Are you taking the word of the ex WWE doctor? Big E doesn't even need to have surgery for his injury. The worst that happens is the injury cuts his career shorter.
    Its why I put "could" be the end of his career. I have heard Big E's neck will heal but that it can be re-injured again risk wise. I mean Big E could return and wrestle the next 10-15 years ala Kurt Angle who had a BROKEN FRIGGEN NECK ! (One he detailed he broke 3 times) so I mean he could return within months and be fine. I was going off the re-injury deal so I don't know.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Out of that list I would say Styles, Reigns, Rollins, Lashley, Mcintyre, and maybe K.O. as main eventers. I won't count / consider part timers as M.E. I consider Edge as part time currently. The Miss wasn't main event when he was champion. Bron Breaker will be called up after Mania. He has Main Event look and I think will be fast tracked to ME status. The E wants Gable Stevenson to be the next Lesnar, so eventually for him, but that's a way off.

Extraordinary Member

Becky's a definite Main Eventer IMO

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Out of that list I would say Styles, Reigns, Rollins, Lashley, Mcintyre, and maybe K.O. as main eventers. I won't count / consider part timers as M.E. I consider Edge as part time currently. The Miss wasn't main event when he was champion. Bron Breaker will be called up after Mania. He has Main Event look and I think will be fast tracked to ME status. The E wants Gable Stevenson to be the next Lesnar, so eventually for him, but that's a way off.

Owens getting Austin is a BIG NOTCH for his career. Its up to WWE to see that and push him as that ahead.

I was today years old when I learned Christopher Daniels is AEW's vice president of talent relations.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I was today years old when I learned Christopher Daniels is AEW's vice president of talent relations.
    I knew he had some title/role, but I wasn't super clear exactly what it was until the DDT/AEW announcement. It's a great role for him, he's a great communicator, very personable, and has the resume and experience for that kind of work...he's probably experienced just about every approach to talent relations from ECW to Japan to etc.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its why I put "could" be the end of his career. I have heard Big E's neck will heal but that it can be re-injured again risk wise. I mean Big E could return and wrestle the next 10-15 years ala Kurt Angle who had a BROKEN FRIGGEN NECK ! (One he detailed he broke 3 times) so I mean he could return within months and be fine. I was going off the re-injury deal so I don't know.
    Kurt Angle did continue for 10-15 years after his injury, but he also developed a serious addiction to pain medication. I would not want to see that happen to Big E.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Kurt Angle did continue for 10-15 years after his injury, but he also developed a serious addiction to pain medication. I would not want to see that happen to Big E.
    Austin continued after a serious neck injury, and I haven't read of him developing a serious addiction to pain meds. Austin dabbled but said he was not addicted like others to meds (but did abuse alcohol). My point is that a serious pain med addiction is not like inevitable. (and I believe WWE tests that more vigorously for that than the past...ergo, could E even get away with such an addiction to begin with?)

Same with Ric Flair, plane crash with serious neck* injury, wrestled like 6 months after....no consequent addiction to pain meds (but instead alcohol and this alcohol addiction might have preceded the plane crash).

*Immortal is correct: it was more a back injury, though I believe the crash resulted in various injuries
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-21-2022 at 10:43 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ric broke his back in the plane crash not his neck. Ric adjusted how he took bumps because of it.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Cornette's going to pop another vein.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1505427874580680704
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Back then the WWE had a very weird attitude towards those battling addiction to pain medication. We have to remember that Angle did go to rehab while in WWE. He came out and his marriage was on shaky ground and he was still in some pain from his years working. He asked Vince for a Shawn Michaels schedule and was REFUSED. Yes...Kurt Angle , fresh from rehab and still in pain issues couldn't get a relaxed WWE schedule then.

Angle went to TNA where he was able to heal up , work a relaxed schedule and while he did have neck issues the rest of his life , he would have died he claims from the non-caring the WWE had then for him. (yes he later did get addicted to alcohol too...and kicked it with TNA paying that rehab stint)

Dutch Mantell in his shoot detailed the Rise of the Knockouts. And how great they were doing at one time...

- Dutch claims no one in TNA wanted the Knockouts to help book the segments or help them. No one thought the women was worth doing anything with but he was like , fine...I'll help them myself. I'll book the segments.

- He is the one who brought in Awesome Kong who he saw in Japan and decided to let her destroy those ladies awhile. Leading to a big show where they did a 3.4 quarter rating. The highest rated segment TNA ever did at that point and one that shocked people. This quarter rating wasn't for Sting/AJ which was on the same show...it was for Kong vs Gail Kim.

- After this guys came to him with ideas and he was like , NOPE. You didn't want to help to start and no thank you. Dutch believed in letting the Knockouts develop naturally onscreen. To let stories develop more naturally.

- He thought Gail Kim was one of the best in the company who came in. She had a great chemistry against Kong.

- One that improved the most was....Velvet Sky. She was just a beautiful looking girl he brought in for Beautiful People. But she kept getting better in ring and better...and better. By one point she was like a ring veteran. Angelina and Velvet came up with Beautiful People. Dutch believes in the talent coming up with things to help themselves instead of Creative forcing things on them.

- He believes once he left in 2009 , the Knockouts lost the biggest supporter there. Which was him then. So things started to fall apart there.