Page 460 of 522 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 7823
  1. #6886
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    13,604

    Default

    Mia Yim will not be returning to Impact on a new contract; she turned them down.

    She will be a UFA 10/9.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  2. #6887
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    10,666

    Default

    Antonio Inoki has died.

    He was 79.

  3. #6888
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    CM Punk's House
    Posts
    17,963

    Default

    This past week WWE released more cryptic clues from White Rabbit. Plus Smackdown had an interesting sign...

    sdrevel.jpgsdrevel.jpg

    This is a Bray Wyatt phrase...
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt. Lol

  4. #6889
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It has literally been just over six months since the guy bought a company that was going to have to close the doors if someone didn't buy it.

    Just throwing the towel in six months in, and saying "You know what? This promotion operating on the level of NWA or MLW is absolutely acceptable. No issue there..."?

    That makes right around "Zero..." sense. You would literally be creating a situation where you had better be happy with operating at the level of NWA/MLW because that's about as big as it would ever wind up being.

    There is just no reason to kneecap that company like that.
    i'm with this. keep the titles active and on tv here and there until he finds a good tv deal and if nothing materializes you still have the library which will come in handy as a streaming service is inevitable.

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The company currently has nothing and it seems like there could not be a TV show. So essentially it's a dead company . Doing something with it....for now can help.

    In the summer of 2005 Dixie Carter gambled with TNA. After a year on Fox Sports they needed to get a better cable network. Dixie took Impact that summer to be filmed on the website essentially. To have episodes air there after the Fox deal expired.


    She got Spike that fall.
    yes, follow the dixie carter tna business model

    But Tony Khan is in the same position.
    no he's not, not even close.

    He needs to show cable outlets something with Ring of Honor. So doing a nice production on YouTube awhile could get ROH noticed. Because the alternative is....a dead company.
    he has dynamite and rampage every week to show cable outlets.

  5. #6890
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    CM Punk's House
    Posts
    17,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i'm with this. keep the titles active and on tv here and there until he finds a good tv deal and if nothing materializes you still have the library which will come in handy as a streaming service is inevitable.



    yes, follow the dixie carter tna business model



    no he's not, not even close.



    he has dynamite and rampage every week to show cable outlets.
    That isn't Ring of Honor. If he shows them that and is delivering a different brand company then many will ask...well why can't we get AEW instead ?

    Dixie took n a gamble because TNA needed a better cable network . She did online deal for a couple months.

    Tony Khan is in the position he needs to show prospective cable networks what a Ring of Honor show will be weekly . So he needs to have a production going where he can show episodes to a Viacom or elsewhere on this brand if he wants that TV deal for it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt. Lol

  6. #6891
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    That isn't Ring of Honor. If he shows them that and is delivering a different brand company then many will ask...well why can't we get AEW instead ?
    and the answer will be, because it's not available. producing 2 shows for tv every week shows he's capable. what you're suggesting is just slapping a different name on the youtube shows which aren't as good as the tv anyways.

    Dixie took n a gamble because TNA needed a better cable network . She did online deal for a couple months.

    Tony Khan is in the position he needs to show prospective cable networks what a Ring of Honor show will be weekly . So he needs to have a production going where he can show episodes to a Viacom or elsewhere on this brand if he wants that TV deal for it.
    he's really not. he's actually in a position where he can shop around for the deal he wants and if he can't find it just keep roh for the library. he's not desperate like dixie trying to keep the company afloat. shit he bought roh for less than the amount of money dixie lost over the years on tna.


    anyways, while i'm not a big hangman fan the match up of him vs roosh really xcites me. i hope it is not a one and done.

    also, damn i love jamie hayter. willow nightingale is pretty cool too.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 10-01-2022 at 04:30 AM.

  7. #6892
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    12,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    and the answer will be, because it's not available. producing 2 shows for tv every week shows he's capable. what you're suggesting is just slapping a different name on the youtube shows which aren't as good as the tv anyways.



    he's really not. he's actually in a position where he can shop around for the deal he wants and if he can't find it just keep roh for the library. he's not desperate like dixie trying to keep the company afloat. shit he bought roh for less than the amount of money dixie lost over the years on tna.


    anyways, while i'm not a big hangman fan the match up of him vs roosh really xcites me. i hope it is not a one and done.

    also, damn i love jamie hayter. willow nightingale is pretty cool too.
    AEW is not RoH. RoH is a significantly different product. He can point to AEW and say that he has two national syndicated wrestling programs and nothing else.

    If the YouTube "isn't good" as you say then it's time to change it. Tony already uses universal studios to film the YouTube shows. Making it RoH home arena and turning the show into something more substantial would not be a difficult thing to do.

  8. #6893
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    CM Punk's House
    Posts
    17,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    and the answer will be, because it's not available. producing 2 shows for tv every week shows he's capable. what you're suggesting is just slapping a different name on the youtube shows which aren't as good as the tv anyways.
    And these companies will tell him , til we know how a ROH show will look then its a pass. Plus its been months since the deal and with no TV deal already right now its likely he's heard this before.

    Its more than slapping a new name on these shows. He would have to change graphics , some of the presentation and format of one of the shows. To make it look different. Plus it would be an attempt to get a network interested in what he has airing with it.

    Lets put it this way , a lot of networks believe in pilots before a pickup. There are times these networks decide on something without a 1st look at it. AEW was lucky because Khan was able to sell Warner Media on that with at least Dynamite and Rampage. Another network getting pitched likely A) Asked why not an AEW show and you answered they can't have that. So they then go with B) Before we look at a new brand show for our network we need to see what its gonna be with a pilot.

    And the last time ROH had a show it wasn't...something a major network would jump on. So Khan can't show that. And the PPV's are nice but he will need to sell a pilot to a network who wants one on a weekly show. So he would need something to show them he's producing as a weekly product new brand wise with Ring of Honor.



    he's really not. he's actually in a position where he can shop around for the deal he wants and if he can't find it just keep roh for the library. he's not desperate like dixie trying to keep the company afloat. shit he bought roh for less than the amount of money dixie lost over the years on tna.
    He's basically had it for months and we have to know he's been shopping for a TV deal. Because if he reveals he hasn't then he's gonna make Jim Crockett look like a f'n genius with UWF.

    Well I hate to say this but if the idea is to make a fortune on streaming the tape library then Khan picked a bad time. Which months ago he may not have thought this. Before Discovery went in and started chopping shows due to royalties and having to pay for them. Discovery CEO is in a cost cutting measure and nothing really has been safe at times. If Khan bet on getting a big contract there....he could be outta luck really with whats happening now.

    Peacock is in the WWE Business so they aren't gonna sign AEW and its tape library right now.

    Netflix would be a good bet if rumors are true they want a weekly product to get viewers there. But its likely how they view AEW.

    Disney would be a destination possibly to place it on HULU. But the Mouse really hasn't given off vibes they are into a pro wrestling company to put on there.

    Amazon Prime could be something here. I think it would be up to them if they want a pro wrestling product on streaming service. They do have NFL games there...so maybe.

    And before the whole , "Tony Khan can build his own streaming platform for AEW n ROH...." it costs a lot...a lot of money to start a streaming platform. Khan has the money of course. But given the competition its a tough deal to be a start up in streaming wars (there is a number of streaming services) he will be battling for subscribers in a tight pool now.

    In all .... there is nothing really wrong with remaking one of the existing AEW Youtube shows. And hyping it each week as a new brand and this helps ...

    A- The increased talent roster. If your looking at signing EVEN MORE guys then of course you need an avenue for them to work and build new storylines with this brand.

    B- Can actually present to cable networks this new brand and help with a future TV deal ahead possibly.

    C- It currently beats the alternative which has the ROH brand doing nothing but being thrown into matches with no real point.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt. Lol

  9. #6894
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    12,535

    Default

    When it comes to Hulu, WWE content does appear on it. They get Raw and Smackdown next day and it's the home for Main-event. If I recall WWE's agreement with the service is expiring soon.

  10. #6895
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    CM Punk's House
    Posts
    17,963

    Default

    So some surprising things about the Shane Douglas recent shoot interview and why we haven't seen some things pop up in WWE since then.


    - Shane was discussing the ECW action figures that came out in late 90's. Douglas brings up how nice it was to see a figure of himself and others. Being a small company that ECW was he felt they finally had something the others had. What Shane didn't know ....

    Paul Heyman told the toy company he owned the ECW characters. Which is what Shane found out when he asked what kind of royalties they would receive for them. The toy maker was stunned by this because he thought the company owned it all. Heyman didn't own the rights of the characters or names as Shane brings up.


    - This leads Shane into detailing that he owns The Franchise Shane Douglas name , the Triple Threat name etc. So its likely why the WWE has never really had a person show up as The Franchise or anything else since Douglas owns those.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt. Lol

  11. #6896
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    CM Punk's House
    Posts
    17,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    When it comes to Hulu, WWE content does appear on it. They get Raw and Smackdown next day and it's the home for Main-event. If I recall WWE's agreement with the service is expiring soon.
    If Khan is smart he brings a presentation to Disney and makes a pitch for being placed on Hulu. Netflix we don't know if the rumors there are true or not. But there is few avenues and in 2024 its gonna be even less if Comcast buys Warner Discovery as the talk is. (Peacock-HBO Max-Discovery will be on huge streaming enity)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt. Lol

  12. #6897
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    13,604

    Default

    TK is pitching ROH to TBS/TNT as of September.

    “If we can get the weekly TV going again, it would be even stronger. I would love to bring Ring of Honor back on a weekly basis, and it’s a conversation I’m having with Warner Bros. Discovery pretty frequently, and I have to say something that’s gonna be really helpful is the success Ring of Honor has had on PPV.”

    “I think they got a great look at how much opportunity there is in the Ring of Honor business, and how many great wrestling fans there are. Not just fans for AEW, because obviously AEW is a top priority for TBS and TNT, but also now for Ring of Honor. Bring ROH and AEW together, lots of positives and synergies.”

    According to final buy rates as of yesterday, the two TK led ROH PPVs we're #2 and #4 respectively all time for ROH. They've never had a year that good. Yesterday, TK mentioned the women's show and ROH were coming sooner than he expected. So it sounds like he's made headway on his TV deals.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  13. #6898
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    CM Punk's House
    Posts
    17,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    TK is pitching ROH to TBS/TNT as of September.

    “If we can get the weekly TV going again, it would be even stronger. I would love to bring Ring of Honor back on a weekly basis, and it’s a conversation I’m having with Warner Bros. Discovery pretty frequently, and I have to say something that’s gonna be really helpful is the success Ring of Honor has had on PPV.”

    “I think they got a great look at how much opportunity there is in the Ring of Honor business, and how many great wrestling fans there are. Not just fans for AEW, because obviously AEW is a top priority for TBS and TNT, but also now for Ring of Honor. Bring ROH and AEW together, lots of positives and synergies.”

    According to final buy rates as of yesterday, the two TK led ROH PPVs we're #2 and #4 respectively all time for ROH. They've never had a year that good. Yesterday, TK mentioned the women's show and ROH were coming sooner than he expected. So it sounds like he's made headway on his TV deals.
    Which is nice to see. Because he clearly needs a TV product for ROH. A fact he's finally discussing it shows it needs to happen here. Plus it helps that its with Warner Media because they know him.

    I would have wondered if Warner wanted a 3rd wrestling show a week. It's kinda amazing to think TBS would have 3 pro wrestling shows if this happens. (I was under the impression Khan was looking outside WM)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt. Lol

  14. #6899
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    12,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Which is nice to see. Because he clearly needs a TV product for ROH. A fact he's finally discussing it shows it needs to happen here. Plus it helps that its with Warner Media because they know him.

    I would have wondered if Warner wanted a 3rd wrestling show a week. It's kinda amazing to think TBS would have 3 pro wrestling shows if this happens. (I was under the impression Khan was looking outside WM)
    Outside of the NBA what do those networks really have?

  15. #6900
    Mighty Member chachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This past week WWE released more cryptic clues from White Rabbit. Plus Smackdown had an interesting sign...

    sdrevel.jpgsdrevel.jpg

    This is a Bray Wyatt phrase...
    Extreme Rules is where the white rabbit will be revealed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •