Page 336 of 902 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386436836 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, Naomi and Sasha dropped the titles and went home. Talk about frustration.

These ladies have been VERY BADLY booked for a while now.

For them to walk out on the show, the main event must have been something really problematic for them.

EDIT: some people are saying it’s a work given the wording of WWEs statement. This is a solid “let’s wait and see”.
    This isn't a work. WWE did this exact thing when Stone Cold walked out in 2002. All they need to do now is bury them on air

EDIT: Mainstream outlets are picking up the story.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 05-17-2022 at 04:02 AM.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Maybe, but WWE have dealt with Sasha's unprofessionalism before.
    Hard not to be when the company you work for has been one the most unprofessional for thirty years.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Seems Sasha REALLY likes the Tag Belts and Naomi doesn't like the Championship belt, though she would probably lose.
    One thing we all know, Vince HATES anything Tag Related.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Seems Sasha REALLY likes the Tag Belts and Naomi doesn't like the Championship belt, though she would probably lose.
    One thing we all know, Vince HATES anything Tag Related.
    It seems to me Naomi doesn't want to put her belt on the back burner to prop up the singles belt.

Extraordinary Member

Good for them. Vince has downgraded Sasha ever since she stepped on the main roster. Alexa Bliss has had better title runs - ridiculous. There's only so much a person can take even when they're being paid well.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Good for them. Vince has downgraded Sasha ever since she stepped on the main roster. Alexa Bliss has had better title runs - ridiculous. There's only so much a person can take even when they're being paid well.
    Sasha's last run with the title is honestly the best she's been used on the main roster. It's a shame that her (and Bayley) best main roster work happened during an era with no fans.

Extraordinary Member

VERY curious to see how this unfolds. I feel like there's a full story here that we're eventually going to see.

It's also a good illustration of where WWE's neglect of their larger corporate image is liable to work against them; the company is a "heel" in a large part of the audience's eyes whenever it's pitched against its own talent, and as much as the corporation loves to argue their only concerned about business and their product, it's long been a "proven" assumption that they get in the way of both out of misplaced control-freak tendencies.

Sasha and Naomi are starting with some cache here even if the overall story won't playout that way largely because WWE fits the bill of "neglectful, toxic corporation" too well.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Sasha's last run with the title is honestly the best she's been used on the main roster. It's a shame that her (and Bayley) best main roster work happened during an era with no fans.
    Definitely a shame.

PW insider provided an update on the situation

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/...RhM-EZwjEWYycw

The plan was for Naomi to win the six pack and challenge Bianca Belair for the title in Hell in a Cell. In the build up to the PPV Sasha would challenge Rousey for her title at the PPV. Not wanting to put their belts on the backburner they countered with a pitch to defend the tag belts against Dudrop and Nikki. Their pitch was turned down.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Quoted in agreement.

I checked out Wrestlemania 5 and this one had more interesting matches I thought.

Hulk Hogan vs. Randy "Macho Man" Savage was good. I didn't think much of their match but I loved seeing the (formerly Midnight) Rockers in the WWF, even if they didn't really last that long as a team there.

I liked the Hart Foundation vs. Greg "The Hammer" Valentine & The Honkytonk Man.

I loved The Brain Busters beating Strike Force, even with the Rick Martel is a dick angle coming out.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I checked out Wrestlemania 5 and this one had more interesting matches I thought.

Hulk Hogan vs. Randy "Macho Man" Savage was good. I didn't think much of their match but I loved seeing the (formerly Midnight) Rockers in the WWF, even if they didn't really last that long as a team there.

I liked the Hart Foundation vs. Greg "The Hammer" Valentine & The Honkytonk Man.

I loved The Brain Busters beating Strike Force, even with the Rick Martel is a dick angle coming out.
    That's kind of where the Manias started getting better from an in-ring aspect. A bigger presence of people like Macho Man, Hart working his way up the card, Flair coming in soon. There was still some nonsense of them, but they had some good workrate machines working at the time.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    That's kind of where the Manias started getting better from an in-ring aspect. A bigger presence of people like Macho Man, Hart working his way up the card, Flair coming in soon. There was still some nonsense of them, but they had some good workrate machines working at the time.
    Perhaps, but I watched Wrestlemania 6 last night and have to say that I didn't really care for any of the matches in that one.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Perhaps, but I watched Wrestlemania 6 last night and have to say that I didn't really care for any of the matches in that one.
    It was a slow process, but it was a process as they started to move to the whole "New Generation" thing.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Hogan vs Warrior was, for its time, a great entertaining one. I grew up with those matches, and so I see them sorta thru two different lenses. Hogan vs Warrior still holds up some for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    That's kind of where the Manias started getting better from an in-ring aspect. . .It was a slow process
    Yes, slow. 7, 8, 9 are Manias where there's like 1 or 2 matches on each of those Manias that has that better in-ring action.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-18-2022 at 08:08 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”