Page 707 of 902 FirstFirst ... 207607657697703704705706707708709710711717757807 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Whoever they are needs to ensure that the talent are punk approved before booking anyone for collision.
    Well I'd have thought AEW would have known what Hardy and Nemeth spent time posting on Twitter for months really here. Did they not expect there to be heat there ? Its like Britt Baker and Jungle Boy. Those 2 shouldn't be on Collision given their feelings there but given this happened...I fully expect AEW to book Perry on a show there in a few weeks lol.

The general idea was to keep people away who have heat with each other. Like with Sammy and Andrade being kept apart. Be insane to go....oh lets put em on the same show given that the 2 men don't like each other. (with All In its said there will be 2 different locker rooms and guys kept apart with extra security...so that helps)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Reports are that Nigel McGuinness is taking the steps to return to the ring (not clear if he's cleared or AEW has officially moved on this). I thought we'd have heard more by now since All In approaches. It seems Danielson is perhaps unable to wrestle at All In. So, Nigel McGuinness wrestling at All In not happening? Another opponent? Wembley with no Nigel McGuinness wrestling seems like a huge missed opportunity (if Nigel is indeed cleared to wrestle), though perhaps circumstances dashed it.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Since Impact Wrestling's Tv show is turning 20 next year, what are y'all's favorite matches and/or moments from the show's history?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Reports are that Nigel McGuinness is taking the steps to return to the ring (not clear if he's cleared or AEW has officially moved on this). I thought we'd have heard more by now since All In approaches. It seems Danielson is perhaps unable to wrestle at All In. So, Nigel McGuinness wrestling at All In not happening? Another opponent? Wembley with no Nigel McGuinness wrestling seems like a huge missed opportunity (if Nigel is indeed cleared to wrestle), though perhaps circumstances dashed it.
    Danielson getting hurt screwed up plans as he was supposed to have his rematch with Kenny at Wembley.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Since Impact Wrestling's Tv show is turning 20 next year, what are y'all's favorite matches and/or moments from the show's history?
    TV/stream only I presume? Mine:

Samoa Joe vs Christopher Daniels 4/13/06
    AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle 10/6/09
    AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle 1/4/10

I doubt I could identify any more that I love (that I've seen) above those 3 TV matches (TNA clearly didn't try much to offer great matches on free TV).

Others perhaps:
    Desmond Wolfe vs. Kurt Angle 6/15/10
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-15-2023 at 11:46 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Alvarez says Punk has apologized to Page.

And it still sounds like the other people being moved locations was due to pre tapes being moved.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

TNA/Impact really kept the business beyond WWE going awhile. Those early X-Division matches were really special. I remember seeing those matches with Styles, Lynn, Low Ki and others. It's like the next evolution of WCW Cruiserweights.

I loved the Nashville era from 2002-2004. That made me a fan originally.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Jungle Boy is a moron

There was another issue with an AEW talent that CM Punk brought face-to-face.

Towards the start of Punk’s AEW Collision run, during the Canada tapings, Jungle Boy Jack Perry was brought to Collision to film a segment, and the two had words about the plans that Perry was supposedly pushing.

According to those on the side of Punk, Perry wanted to use real glass for a backstage segment. Punk was of the belief that he did this so he didn’t need to come to work the next week, which he sees as a big problem in the company.

Per Punk’s side of things, Perry was going against production, doctors and Tony Schiavone advising him not to do it and them telling him that smashing real glass was a safety hazard, and Perry wasn’t happy with that. Shortly after, there were guidelines put in place and forwarded to talent of things that required clearance.

Punk’s claim was that he was asked to step in and calmly said that they don’t do that on Saturdays (for Collision) and if he doesn’t like it, he could stay on Wednesdays. Word of the situation had made its way around the locker room, and was referred to as an argument. Punk's claim was that Perry was throwing a temper tantrum over the spot not being cleared and people trying to prevent it.

We reached out to Jack Perry but did not hear back.

We weren't told how the situation ended, but several that we heard from agreed with the stance Punk at least claimed.
    He needs another match with Rush

I find it interesting the Punk is a drama queen reports are only coming from DA MELTZ/WON/PWT/Alvarez people.

Post Brawl Out when those guys got caught in a web of lies, they seem to have lost their hold on wrestling news.

Bleacher, Voices, What culture, Sapp/Fightful etc. don't seem to share the old guard's views and their sources don't say as much as DA MELTZ and co about Punk being a douche.

They do make editorialized articles but flat out say they are opinions bases of reports weras Torch and WON are still reporting their opinions as fact.

For example, Jericho mentioned Collision pre tapes being moved before all this "drama" started as a casual, "A bunch of us had to film segments at a different location due to staffing" as a part of a little side tangent. The only thing I'm seeing agreement on is that Punk cut a heat building promo about Page (which most is on the Internet now).
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-15-2023 at 09:25 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Jungle Boy is a moron

He needs another match with Rush

So basically Punk, production people , Tony Schiavone and doctors stopped a moron from hurting himself and others.

I guess Regal was at PWG and both AEW and WWE are interested in Speedball now after his 60 minute sudden death iron man with Garcia.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I find it interesting the Punk is a drama queen reports are only coming from DA MELTZ/WON/PWT/Alvarez people.

Post Brawl Out when those guys got caught in a web of lies, they seem to have lost their hold on wrestling news.

Bleacher, Voices, What culture, Sapp/Fightful etc. don't seem to share the old guard's views and their sources don't say as much as DA MELTZ and co about Punk being a douche.

They do make editorialized articles but flat out say they are opinions bases of reports weras Torch and WON are still reporting their opinions as fact.

For example, Jericho mentioned Collision pre tapes being moved before all this "drama" started as a casual, "A bunch of us had to film segments at a different location due to staffing" as a part of a little side tangent. The only thing I'm seeing agreement on is that Punk cut a heat building promo about Page (which most is on the Internet now).

Uh VOW themselves reported that good old Half A Mill Phil had certain people removed from the show: https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/20...rom-collision/ if accusations of drama always follow Punk maybe just maybe he is in fact a drama queen? Like the old saying goes if it smells like shit everywhere you go...

What would Dave Meltzer have to gain by slandering Punk's name? It seems like you don't want Punk to be the narcissistic asshole he is reported to be so you choose to believe whatever reports paint him in the best light.

Whoever they are needs to ensure that the talent are punk approved before booking anyone for collision.
    that seems pretty ridiculous. it's like the more punk acts like a bitch the more tk caters to him.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I guess Regal was at PWG and both AEW and WWE are interested in Speedball now after his 60 minute sudden death iron man with Garcia.
    wtf, like they didn't know about speedball until now?? anyways i wish i could've attended. me, my wife and son went to the debut show. my son was 3yrs old and it would've been cool to go back with him 20yrs later.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Uh VOW themselves reported that good old Half A Mill Phil had certain people removed from the show: https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/20...rom-collision/ if accusations of drama always follow Punk maybe just maybe he is in fact a drama queen? Like the old saying goes if it smells like shit everywhere you go...
    word.

What would Dave Meltzer have to gain by slandering Punk's name? It seems like you don't want Punk to be the narcissistic asshole he is reported to be so you choose to believe whatever reports paint him in the best light.
    i think you may have beastie confused with someone else, i don't think he's even a fan of punk.

Sites work on clicks and views. A lot of thr dirt sheet guys need traffic and we have seen what works best. It's "controversial" people and Punk is that.