Page 50 of 902 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

WWE's booking continues to boggle the mind especially on the RAW side.

The Hurt Business was one of the better stables on RAW and now they've been broken up. Even the guys in the stable have been vocal about this because they had a good thing going.

Now, how does Lashley beating on Cedric Alexander help get heat for Lashley or build up anyone? This is muddled booking.

Last week, we saw Drew beat up Ricochet who's also a face, how does this help Drew? Muddled booking.

It should have been Lashley beating the crap out of Ricochet and Drew beating on the Hurt Business.

For all the **** I give AEW, the reason they've gained their following is because of WWE's absolutely daft booking.

Mighty Member

Maybe it is a swerve for the sake of a swerve? It seems like somebody (likely trying to keep Vince happy) leaned all the wrong lessons from the 90s, and assumes that random "swerves" are more important than any cohesive story.

Not defending the writing. It is creatively bankrupt. But, it is consistent with what we have seen.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Maybe it is a swerve for the sake of a swerve? It seems like somebody (likely trying to keep Vince happy) leaned all the wrong lessons from the 90s, and assumes that random "swerves" are more important than any cohesive story.

Not defending the writing. It is creatively bankrupt. But, it is consistent with what we have seen.
    Very true.

It looks like someone is writing based on what Vince wants to see and not what makes sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    WWE's booking continues to boggle the mind especially on the RAW side.

The Hurt Business was one of the better stables on RAW and now they've been broken up. Even the guys in the stable have been vocal about this because they had a good thing going.

Now, how does Lashley beating on Cedric Alexander help get heat for Lashley or build up anyone? This is muddled booking.

Last week, we saw Drew beat up Ricochet who's also a face, how does this help Drew? Muddled booking.

It should have been Lashley beating the crap out of Ricochet and Drew beating on the Hurt Business.

For all the **** I give AEW, the reason they've gained their following is because of WWE's absolutely daft booking.
    The only thing that makes sense to me is that Vince thinks Lashley's being associated with Shelton/Cedric basically brings him down instead of him bringing them up. (Which I disagree with)

I assume Ricochet is going to have a heel turn coming up. At this point he's put the heels over, may as well put some faces over.

The Wrestlemania build has been terrible. There are so few storylines I'm interested in. Last year, I was loving several of the Mania builds. Makes me long for the days of overbooked Becky Lynch/Kofi storylines.

Astonishing Member

I am confused WWE is putting all the women wrestlers they don't have plans for into tag teams so they can do this two night thing instead of a useless battle royal, fine. The thing I don't get is Billie Kay trying to audition for a tag team partner when she had a perfectly good one, that actually won the titles that has nothing to do either. Are they setting us up for an Iconic's reunion at Mania, otherwise I don't get why the resume' Carmela stuff. If I thought Vince gave a crap about the women's division or tag team wrestling, there might be potential in all these female tag teams but history tells me otherwise so I won't get my hopes up. Speaking of female wrestlers, where is Bailey??? Is she going to play a part in the Sasha/Bianca match? Sasha is being quite heely lately so is the WWE putting it's two woman power trip back together?

Astonishing Member

As others have said none of the storylines heading into Mania are interesting, Roman's storyline seems to have been rewritten on the fly, while I like Bobby vs Drew there isn't proper buildup, Omos can possibly be just a stiff so that wastes AJ and the New Day to carry him, the Smackdown tag belts don't even merit Mania. Who cares about Sheamus and Riddle and the Big E Appollo or Sami and KO storylines weren't built up well. Is the fiend even still Bray and either way is this cinematic stuff going anywhere? The impetus behing Cesaro and Rollins is an embarrassing swing? The only things I am feeling about Mania is I like the Almighty Era so I would love to see it continue, I also like the add of DB to the Reigns/Edge match because without him I wouldn't have cared at all but I don't see Roman taking an L just yet.

I am a fan of WWE despite it's MANY flaws but I have to say, this is the WEAKEST WrestleMania card I have seen in a while. It doesn't even feel like WrestleMania is happening this weekend. WrestleMania always had this air of excitement from fans and the go home shows for Raw and Smackdown were well done (for the most part). The excitement is missing this year. The only match I think will be very good is Roman VS Edge VS Daniel Bryan. Drew Vs Lashley and Randy VS the Fiend have potential to be good but feel like they might be let downs.

Stuff like this extremely dumb feud between Shane and Braun is just awful. I mean is it suppose to be for kids or what? Like they are feuding because Shane called Braun stupid. What is this the 5th grade? Also, I know Bad Bunny is a mega star but his feud with Miz is also lame and I have zero interest in the tag match with Miz & Morrison and Bad Bunny and Damien Priest. Then the mess with Shana and Nia Jax and the women's tag titles...……. No disrespect to anyone involved ( respect what they all do) but none of that is engaging or fit for WM at all.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 04-06-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Latest rumor that I heard about Bailey was that she was going to get a "Hello Ding, Dong" segment at Wrestlemania that lead to the return of Becky Lynch/Ronda Rousey or a bigger female celebrity she would off and on feud with.

They seemed to be going this way with her last storyline where she received "hate mail" from someone but then never followed up with that, so that person appearing might not be 100% for 'Mania. But I would expect some sort of Bailey segment at Mania. Otherwise they would have just had her team with Carmella and be thrown in the tag team match.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Latest rumor that I heard about Bailey was that she was going to get a "Hello Ding, Dong" segment at Wrestlemania that lead to the return of Becky Lynch/Ronda Rousey or a bigger female celebrity she would off and on feud with.

They seemed to be going this way with her last storyline where she received "hate mail" from someone but then never followed up with that, so that person appearing might not be 100% for 'Mania. But I would expect some sort of Bailey segment at Mania. Otherwise they would have just had her team with Carmella and be thrown in the tag team match.
    A Becky and Rousey appearance would be welcome and NEEDED to make WrestleMania feel epic. Fingers crossed that rumor ends up being true, but I am not holding my breath lol. I do hope Brock makes a surprise return and interferes in the Drew Vs Bobby match.

The Mania card could be any random episode of Raw or Smackdown, some matches could be seen nightly at house shows, if they were able to have those. If Mania was still on the WWE Network instead of the Peacock, I may tune in off and on, but not big deal. Lashley in my opinion is being booked week, always has. He needs jobbers and Queen Corbin or the Hurt Business to "weaken" his opponent's.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    As others have said none of the storylines heading into Mania are interesting, Roman's storyline seems to have been rewritten on the fly, while I like Bobby vs Drew there isn't proper buildup, Omos can possibly be just a stiff so that wastes AJ and the New Day to carry him, the Smackdown tag belts don't even merit Mania. Who cares about Sheamus and Riddle and the Big E Appollo or Sami and KO storylines weren't built up well. Is the fiend even still Bray and either way is this cinematic stuff going anywhere? The impetus behing Cesaro and Rollins is an embarrassing swing? The only things I am feeling about Mania is I like the Almighty Era so I would love to see it continue, I also like the add of DB to the Reigns/Edge match because without him I wouldn't have cared at all but I don't see Roman taking an L just yet.
    What do you mean Is the fiend even still Bray?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I am a fan of WWE despite it's MANY flaws but I have to say, this is the WEAKEST WrestleMania card I have seen in a while. It doesn't even feel like WrestleMania is happening this weekend. WrestleMania always had this air of excitement from fans and the go home shows for Raw and Smackdown were well done (for the most part). The excitement is missing this year. The only match I think will be very good is Roman VS Edge VS Daniel Bryan. Drew Vs Lashley and Randy VS the Fiend have potential to be good but feel like they might be let downs.

Stuff like this extremely dumb feud between Shane and Braun is just awful. I mean is it suppose to be for kids or what? Like they are feuding because Shane called Braun stupid. What is this the 5th grade? Also, I know Bad Bunny is a mega star but his feud with Miz is also lame and I have zero interest in the tag match with Miz & Morrison and Bad Bunny and Damien Priest. Then the mess with Shana and Nia Jax and the women's tag titles...……. No disrespect to anyone involved ( respect what they all do) but none of that is engaging or fit for WM at all.
    Whatculture wrestling channel channel made the observation that the Shane/Braun feud is recycling the Alexa Bliss/Nia Jax feud from a few years ago. I'm not watching the program to know the parallels but that's awful if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Whatculture wrestling channel channel made the observation that the Shane/Braun feud is recycling the Alexa Bliss/Nia Jax feud from a few years ago. I'm not watching the program to know the parallels but that's awful if it's true.
    They would be correct in their observation. Instead of body shaming like Alexa was doing to Nia, they just swapped that with a Shane calling Braun stupid. This feud is worse than the Wrestlemania match between Edge and Booker T when they were feuding over who would be in a FAKE shampoo commercial.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 04-06-2021 at 05:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What do you mean Is the fiend even still Bray?
    just like other wrestler's wearing the Kane outfit, or Suicide on Impact. I know he is supposed to be "different" after his inferno, he seemed different, so much so it could have been possible that it was another wrestler in the burned fiend outfit.

Watching the Hall of Fame, it's unfortunate that the inductees only got introduced by the host(s) and a video package. I would have loved to hear the stories from Undertaker about Kane, or from Ron Simmons about JBL.