Page 90 of 902 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190590 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    LOL. Yeah good ole Vince " I did it my way" Should be his entrance music.
    In reality I could see Vince walking up to his loyal people backstage and demanding they find people who don't use the internet and like WWE in 2021. So the loyal people go pay people to say what he wants really.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

In reality I could see Vince walking up to his loyal people backstage and demanding they find people who don't use the internet and like WWE in 2021. So the loyal people go pay people to say what he wants really.
    If you're in the WWE Thunderdone and you're not boo'ing and cheering when they tell you to, they will cut you from the feed and replace you. It's basically like having a paid studio audience.

There are several storylines (mostly on RAW) that aren't internet popular right now so it will be interesting to see what the fans latch onto when they return.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    If you're in the WWE Thunderdone and you're not boo'ing and cheering when they tell you to, they will cut you from the feed and replace you. It's basically like having a paid studio audience.

There are several storylines (mostly on RAW) that aren't internet popular right now so it will be interesting to see what the fans latch onto when they return.
    I think the WhatCulture guys (maybe it was the Voices of Wrestling??) are going to a WWE show in the fall and plan on chanting, "WE WANT WRESTLING" through all the angles.

Angles are fine and all but WWE has really been stupid about them lately.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    J.R's stock options in WWE had him remark he really can live comfortable the rest of his life. This is just to keep busy and help get a new generation over. And the funniest part is seeing AEW mark fans go ape **** if he doesn't name Kenny Omega the greatest current star or sell something he doesn't believe in there.

Glad they have him there. We have constant people selling crap in WWE. And its why no one stands out at all.
    YMMV but trashing their own talent aside he just sounds lost and/or unaware what's going on in the ring half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post

It was brought up that unlike back in late 90's/early 2000's era where WWF/E encouraged fans to bring signs and write whatever they wanted on them , they started cracking down a lot as time went on. Lately it was said that people holding AEW signs and anything they don't like can be taken.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This whole thing with Alexa Bliss is so bad.

She deserves better than to be saddled with the nonsense she's been given.
    everybody deserves better than that but she's one of the last people i feel sorry for and don't se why she deserves more or better than anyone else. nikki cross deserves better, shayna deserves better, naomi deserves better. regardless of how this thing turns out they're going to give bliss another big push, the other ladies not so much.

J.R's stock options in WWE had him remark he really can live comfortable the rest of his life. This is just to keep busy and help get a new generation over. And the funniest part is seeing AEW mark fans go ape **** if he doesn't name Kenny Omega the greatest current star or sell something he doesn't believe in there.

Glad they have him there. We have constant people selling crap in WWE. And its why no one stands out at all.
    not worth going ape **** over of course but selling/putting over stuff is his job whether he believes in it or not, to pretend like he suddenly has too much integrity to sell/put over something he doesn't believe in is a joke.

i think the problem is the folks in aew treat jr with dignity & respect. jr seems to be the kind of guy that needs to be humiliated and put in his place from time to time in order to keep him in line. vince understood this and treated him accordingly.

So basically Tommy Dreamer now has a role on Impact as the authority figure. With his long hair and suit/tie he is almost a Paul Heyman version. Him becoming the onscreen VP makes sense as he always displays the good heart. It should be interesting to see how they do it with him. Dreamer to me needs to move into this role as he's getting up there in age ring wise.

I did love the promo with him , Callis and Da'Amore in ring last week. Callis is just....perfect as a heel. Its almost insane the guy walked away from the business so long as he's always been a great promo cutting machine.
    callis is good i guess but i could honestly do w/o him. i've never found him to be entertaining in any promotion. he was part of a great segment last week but that was more to do with omega & nakazawa but he did drive that cart, also while i loved i can understand how more serious type of fans thought it was too goofy for something involving the world title.

neeeeeeeeeext weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    YMMV but trashing their own talent aside he just sounds lost and/or unaware what's going on in the ring half the time.
    word.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    not worth going ape **** over of course but selling/putting over stuff is his job whether he believes in it or not, to pretend like he suddenly has too much integrity to sell/put over something he doesn't believe in is a joke.
    He leaves the silliness of someone selling horse crap to Excalibur and Shiavone. He's Jim Ross , he isn't out to sell bullsh-t , he calls it and leaves that nonsense out. Which is how he did RAW for years. His selling things was left to important moments and times. Its what made that period. Foley flying off the cage , Austin stunning McMahon , etc. Jim Ross sold when it was important and how to do it. Today's time sees people acting over excited for bull crap repeatedly. "OOOH MY , ITS ___ HE'S HERE..AGAIN THIS WEEK !" (Cole or someone acting like Randy Orton showing up again or Seth Rollins was a huge feat !)

i think the problem is the folks in aew treat jr with dignity & respect. jr seems to be the kind of guy that needs to be humiliated and put in his place from time to time in order to keep him in line. vince understood this and treated him accordingly.
    And eventually the audience grew tired of that because they didn't want to see Jim Ross humilated repeatedly and it made Ross quit the 1st big role which was VP of Talent as we saw. Then as years passed Ross grew tired of not being treated right (see CM Punk) and he was like f-ck this I'm leaving. And Ross admitted he should have left sooner but tried sticking it out. (Him getting the blame when Flair was grieving and the whole Wrestlemania interview panel deal years ago was complete horsesh-t.)

You have constant selling people on TV. Jim Ross doesn't need to do that crap.

I was talking about Callis promo here. Which made this entire segment flow good on Impact....

He leaves the silliness of someone selling horse crap to Excalibur and Shiavone. He's Jim Ross , he isn't out to sell bullsh-t , he calls it and leaves that nonsense out. Which is how he did RAW for years. His selling things was left to important moments and times. Its what made that period.
    gotta call bullshit on that, can't even count how many beyond stupid angles and jacked up geeks ross towed the company line for.
    look at no nonsense jr, along side a midget in an afro wig battle rapping against michael cole.

Foley flying off the cage , Austin stunning McMahon , etc. Jim Ross sold when it was important and how to do it. Today's time sees people acting over excited for bull crap repeatedly. "OOOH MY , ITS ___ HE'S HERE..AGAIN THIS WEEK !" (Cole or someone acting like Randy Orton showing up again or Seth Rollins was a huge feat !)
    i don't see the difference between orton or rollins showing up and austin stunning mackman for 2,450th time on raw. it's his job to sell it, sell it like your supposed to or it's time to visit dr heiney.

And eventually the audience grew tired of that because they didn't want to see Jim Ross humilated repeatedly and it made Ross quit the 1st big role which was VP of Talent as we saw. Then as years passed Ross grew tired of not being treated right (see CM Punk) and he was like f-ck this I'm leaving. And Ross admitted he should have left sooner but tried sticking it out. (Him getting the blame when Flair was grieving and the whole Wrestlemania interview panel deal years ago was complete horsesh-t.)

You have constant selling people on TV. Jim Ross doesn't need to do that crap.
    yeah that jr doesn't take no crap, he was only humiliated and fired like 4 times before he had enough and quit.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-24-2021 at 04:31 AM.

gotta call bullshit on that, can't even count how many beyond stupid angles and jacked up geeks ross towed the company line for.
    look at no nonsense jr, along side a midget in an afro wig battle rapping against michael cole.

i don't see the difference between orton or rollins showing up and austin stunning mackman for 2,450th time on raw. it's his job to sell it, sell it like your supposed to or it's time to visit dr heiney.

yeah that jr doesn't take no crap, he was only humiliated and fired like 4 times before he had enough and quit.

Ross was placed in an angle against Michael Cole as he was facing Jerry Lawler. At the end even Ross didn't want to be there for that Wrestlemania card but did it for King to call the match for him. (As a nice nod they let him call the rest as its said HHH pushed for that one)

Yes Jim Ross was fired a few times in 1990's (twice from what I remember) but when it came down to saving the company , the man who was VP of Talent was Jim Ross then. He rebounded that company by signing The Rock , Steve Austin , Mick Foley , Edge , Christian etc. His talent he found in mid/late 90's will never be repeated. Going with young unproven talent that became huge stars will be something we will never see again.

Jim Ross should have left in 2008 or 2009 when TNA was wanting him. He would have been treated 100% better , would have likely helped with talent roster etc. Instead he didn't and he stuck around a few more years as they phased him out.

In sad news it was reported yesterday that Sabu's long time girlfriend (and valet) The Super Genie has passed away. She was 50 years old.

I was talking about Callis promo here. Which made this entire segment flow good on Impact....

you thought that was good?? fuk, they looked like 3 guys haggling at a really shitty used car lot.

Ross was placed in an angle against Michael Cole as he was facing Jerry Lawler. At the end even Ross didn't want to be there for that Wrestlemania card but did it for King to call the match for him. (As a nice nod they let him call the rest as its said HHH pushed for that one)

Yes Jim Ross was fired a few times in 1990's (twice from what I remember) but when it came down to saving the company , the man who was VP of Talent was Jim Ross then. He rebounded that company by signing The Rock , Steve Austin , Mick Foley , Edge , Christian etc. His talent he found in mid/late 90's will never be repeated. Going with young unproven talent that became huge stars will be something we will never see again.

Jim Ross should have left in 2008 or 2009 when TNA was wanting him. He would have been treated 100% better , would have likely helped with talent roster etc. Instead he didn't and he stuck around a few more years as they phased him out.
    i do appreciate the recap but what was the point, that he was a good VP of talent?? that's cool and i wouldn't disagree but it's pretty irrelevant to the discussion.

you thought that was good?? fuk, they looked like 3 guys haggling at a really shitty used car lot.
    You really don't get heel promos from this it seems. Callis came out and details how he views the wrestlers as meat , scum beneath them and to not care. He then tells Da'Amore how Callihan is a psycho etc. Selling Sami Callihan more as this insane guy building heat for the July PPV coming there.

Then we see a classic WWF/E style deal where Dreamer comes out. Where Callis as the heel feel so over confident as Tommy then drops the bomb ... "YOUR FIRED..."

Backstage we see Sami confront Callis to seal the ending of that.

That was a good heel promo and ending segment. (Callihan needs to work on the whole crazy promo act , that was a bit weak to start). But overall this was why Don Callis is with Kenny Omega. He is just gifted at cutting heel promos as this showed us.

You really don't get heel promos from this it seems. Callis came out and details how he views the wrestlers as meat , scum beneath them and to not care. He then tells Da'Amore how Callihan is a psycho etc. Selling Sami Callihan more as this insane guy building heat for the July PPV coming there.

Then we see a classic WWF/E style deal where Dreamer comes out. Where Callis as the heel feel so over confident as Tommy then drops the bomb ... "YOUR FIRED..."

Backstage we see Sami confront Callis to seal the ending of that.

That was a good heel promo and ending segment. (Callihan needs to work on the whole crazy promo act , that was a bit weak to start). But overall this was why Don Callis is with Kenny Omega. He is just gifted at cutting heel promos as this showed us.
    i saw it last week, i didn't think it was good though. callis has done a decent job getting over the idea that kenny wants no part of sami but imo it's been nothing to write home about. the segment as a whole felt dull and dragged out to me.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-24-2021 at 06:12 AM.

the main event tag match was pretty damn. joe doering should be a main event heel in that company.

oh yeah, wwe already splitting up doudrop?? and eva marie?? gee that lasted a long time.