Page 847 of 902 FirstFirst ... 347747797837843844845846847848849850851857897 ... LastLast
Results 12,691 to 12,705 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So who is the AEW devil?
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Was not addressed.

(Well, as far as I've heard...)
    World's End will be a homecoming for MJF.

That's the place to do it thematically given the story beats so far.

Remains to be seen if Cole is ready to go or not.

And Super, I think the poster's exception to your fantasy booking is it completely ignores the plot points that have been happening to date.

I honestly think since the crowd was hot for the match, the only thing needed was to change up the injury angle to either mid-match, MJF gets carted off with everyone worried, Cole comes out to fight White but then we get the ambulance spot to finish.

OR ...

Keep the injury spot at the beginning but have the Devil beat up Switchblade and the Bang Bang Gang so it's gimp vs. gimp and the spots stay the same. If they were never gonna give us prime MJF vs. Prime White, give us a reason for it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    and you are trying to waste Cole when he's still too hurt to actually wrestle.
    I wish Tony would let Cole rest. I'm glad to see Cole still being on TV while he's hurt, clearly Tony is limited with what he can actually do with Cole. He shouldn't be a tag champion, he can't turn or be turned on as a match can't be delivered for months. MJF should put this story on hold until Cole is well enough to move forward with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It’s obviously Ric Flair. Tony was like…I have no clue who to make it. So Ric having experience steps in like he did 33 years ago lol
    I said who is the AEW devil not who's The Black Scorpion.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    You’re not setting up a match up yet. That’s where you’re kinda losing track here. By turning Cole , sending MJF out a few months and letting Cole run as a heel mouth piece n manager awhile til he gets close…you build heel heat for a program ahead.

You can have MJF come back and try to get to Cole. But he’s kept at bay til he’s ready too. Your building anticipation…

As far as storylines of ROH tag team titles….those can be dropped finally. Tournament deal…

As far as Samoa Joe goes…he will learn from White he has to earn his title shot n gets it as 1st program for White.

But this is all moot ya know. Because they went another way and I gave props for Khan swerving it where if you saw how it was laid out…Cole could have turned sure.

It’s silly to get frustrated at people razzing Tony Khan. But hey…those are the breaks. Immortal and Beastie picked apart some things as well. I did give him one atta boy deal lol
    So your ideas are, in order

1. Dump a bucket of cold water on your hottest program and write out your top star for months in order to build up heat for the match you just dumped a bucket of cold water on

2. Set up a tournament to to crown new ROH champions, So ROH now has two ongoing tournaments to fill titles vacated due to MJF's plotlines at the same time

3. Completely throw out the build for Joe vs MJF and start over with heel vs heel booking.

You keep complaining about long term booking but your big idea is to throw out all the storylines they've been building in order to do a swerve with a filler feud.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

And Super, I think the poster's exception to your fantasy booking is it completely ignores the plot points that have been happening to date.

I honestly think since the crowd was hot for the match, the only thing needed was to change up the injury angle to either mid-match, MJF gets carted off with everyone worried, Cole comes out to fight White but then we get the ambulance spot to finish.

OR ...

Keep the injury spot at the beginning but have the Devil beat up Switchblade and the Bang Bang Gang so it's gimp vs. gimp and the spots stay the same. If they were never gonna give us prime MJF vs. Prime White, give us a reason for it.
    I honestly like how he did it all but really just a nitpick with Cena deal. Overall I liked the whole way Tony laid it out with the injury angle , Cole being brave and then Max returning. Because people watching had to sit in back of their minds and go…..is this where Adam turns ? Is this where he stabs MJF in the back.

I rarely give Khan props but to go away from conventional move here and all…it was good. I only went on what he could do next if he went that way.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

1. Dump a bucket of cold water on your hottest program and write out your top star for months in order to build up heat for the match you just dumped a bucket of cold water on

2. Set up a tournament to to crown new ROH champions, So ROH now has two ongoing tournaments to fill titles vacated due to MJF's plotlines at the same time

3. Completely throw out the build for Joe vs MJF and start over with heel vs heel booking.

You keep complaining about long term booking but your big idea is to throw out all the storylines they've been building in order to do a swerve with a filler feud.

1- Cole and Max won’t face each other til 2024. I don’t get dumping cold water on an angle that really needs a heel turn and this would have been fine. Because again they won’t be facing each other til 2024.

2- Tony love’s tournaments. The man would have a tournament to set up a tournament at this point.

3- Joe is a quasi tweener now. He helped MJF for a favor. Switchblade ducking him would make Joe a face.

Again it wasn’t some awful deal here. In fact beyond Joe/Max at Worlds End it really is the only real storyline running with Max. They are on a holding pattern with Cole seemingly.

But again I liked what Tony did at Full Gear. I rip him a lot on some things but I was like…darn that was a good swerve on conventional deal we see at times.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I think a sign possibly that the Bucks lost power in the company was the fact Rob Van Dam is working in AEW. If no one remembers RVD and the Bucks had issues years ago in TNA and how the 2 men wouldn’t speak to him in the locker room in TNA as he said hello to them.

Any discussion of what the "Right..." booking would be doesn't amount to much when you have Page/Strickland running around like GG Allin in stereo.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Any discussion of what the "Right..." booking would be doesn't amount to much when you have Page/Strickland running around like GG Allin in stereo.
    It's hard to overlook the bad when it involves the company's top star.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So who is the AEW devil?
    Well I don't know if they know...but the way the story is progressing...Kyle O'Reilly

The president of stardom spoke about things that they can learn from WWE. Particularly when it comes to injuries and the frequency of them

https://twitter.com/JulianWks/status...54278918242581

I liked mine better.
    Have Cole wrestle for MJF in that match.
    Have Jay and the whole BCG come out and lay waste to Cole and in doing so get disqualified. Cole is the sacrificial lamb.
    MJF tries to make the save but is beaten down too. Both Cole and MJF are left bloodied in the ring...
    Roderick comes out and goes totally ballistic on MJF about how he got Cole even more injured and in the hospital etc and that MJF will PAY.

Set up a program of Strong vs MJF with Cole torn between the two. Then after a few months or whenever their big PPV is, reveal Cole as the Demon guy and it's been set up all along with him and Strong and Gold...You could even drop Gold out as it may be too messy.

A Star Trek thread on Reddit I follow was talking about the Hangman/Swerve blood drinking spot.

"In the eyes of Kahless, they are married now." Just slaughtered the thread.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

OR ...

I think a sorely missed opportunity, and a pretty simple one for the MJF vs Jay fight would've been that Jay's hubris got the best of him and he was toying with his food for the entire match and being beaten because he didn't even for a moment think that MJF in his state could've ever won the match.

Had one of the commentators say something to that effect and I think it would've been golden.

Overall I think it was a really solid PPV, don't know if there was anything I was particularly upset about. Whatever people you want to say about the main event the crowd was fucking hot for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I think a sorely missed opportunity, and a pretty simple one for the MJF vs Jay fight would've been that Jay's hubris got the best of him and he was toying with his food for the entire match and being beaten because he didn't even for a moment think that MJF in his state could've ever won the match.

Had one of the commentators say something to that effect and I think it would've been golden.

Overall I think it was a really solid PPV, don't know if there was anything I was particularly upset about. Whatever people you want to say about the main event the crowd was fucking hot for it.
    The ME is pretty split among fandom but 100% agree, the crowd ate it up.

The card has TWO of AEW's greatest matches of all time, so I can't complain.