Page 54 of 902 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Noted. I admit fault on that. Still doesn't discount the other inclusivity in the company.

And them screaming "Look at us! We have the first _____ champion!" or "This is the first _____ main event!" is? Then you're just doing it as a PR move and not doing it because it's the right thing to do.

WWE's first full-Black WWE champion lost the belt in seconds in order to have a celebrity title match at a blood money show. They strolled out a self-admitted racist to host their biggest show of the year last night, after inducting him to their Hall of Fame for a second time. The same Hall of Fame that has an entire award named after a homophobe. Not exactly an example to show AEW of what "real diversity" is.
    You know how much I love shitting on WWE when they do something wrong. When it comes to diversity they are wiping AEW. They have minorities in prominent positions all over the place. The main-event, midcard, tag team, commentary, interviewers and even the ring announcers. They still do the shitty stereotyping because Vince is an idiot but it could be far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    AEW made statements about committing to diversity.

It’s hilarious they made they comment only to see existing promotions completely run them over in this regard.

Lashley hasn’t spent the last 15 years in WWE. Not sure what you were referring to there.
    both MVP and lashley were under contract 15yrs ago, they could've started the process of making main eventers out of either of them back then.

Again, Tony Khan came out with the diversity thing in booking. I’ve given WWE **** in the past but they’ve actually gone ahead and done what other promotions only pay lip service too.

And apart from the women’s division, there’s been a little of that on the AEW main roster. They really have to do better.

Has Kenny Omega actually confirmed that he’s bisexual? He’s purposely vague about stuff like that in the past.
    does he need to??

I can't and won't defend WWE's shitty practices. Like I said, my post history has been me shitting all over them.

But for a much younger promotion that went on record about diversity, AEW really needs to step up to the plate. Even Impact Wrestling has them beat when it comes to putting POC in main events.

I watched Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair get emotional about being the first black women to main event a Women's Championship match at Wrestlemania. This means something, it's not about words, its not about hanging minorities hanging around the roster, they have to do something.

That's what AEW NEEDS to learn from WWE.
    my point was there's much better xamples they could learn about diversity from than the wwe for fuks sake.

diversity isn't a competition. aew has given no reason to believe they won't push somebody because of their race/religion/sexual orientation so their 1st this or that will or have happened organically. wwe on the other hand has done numerous racist, homophobic, sexist etc angles they've got a lot to make up for.

and towzawa is still a ninja btw.

i still don't understand why one promotion has to be brought up to call on the other. if you wanted to call aew out on their lack of diversity there was no need to even mention wwe.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-11-2021 at 09:31 AM.

Ultimate Member

both MVP and lashley were under contract 15yrs ago, they could've started the process of making main eventers out of either of them back then.
    Lashley already main evented Wrestlemania. It wasn't a title match but he was in the main event.

EDIT: I got my timelines messed up. I thought the Battle of the Billionaires was the main event.

does he need to??
    Absolutely. We can't label him as something he isn't.

my point was there's much better xamples they could learn about diversity from than the wwe for fuks sake.

diversity isn't a competition. aew has given no reason to believe they won't push somebody because of their race/religion/sexual orientation so their 1st this or that will or have happened organically. wwe on the other hand has done numerous racist, homophobic, sexist etc angles they've got a lot to make up for.

and towzawa is still a ninja btw.

i still don't understand why one promotion has to be brought up to call on the other. if you wanted to call aew out on their lack of diversity there was no need to even mention wwe.
    I specifically mentioned AEW because Tony Khan mentioned it. No other wrestling promotion has a made a big deal out of diversity EXCEPT AEW. If they said they are going to commit to diversity then they have to back it up. And WWE has shown now that it's very possible to have POC in their main events from the main roster down to NXT.

Like I said, I can't and won't defend WWE's garbage but at the same time, when do it right I am going to give them credit. And as the industry leaders, other promotions can notes from them.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-11-2021 at 11:08 AM.

Spectacular Member

Watched the 1st night of WrestleMania. It was really good, especially with a live audience back.

Happy Bianca won as I really don't like Sasha at all. Disappointed Drew did not win in what was a heck of a match to start of Mania especially with a live audience back. But I think Lashley needs to win, he deserves a long run as Champion.

While wasn't a fan of the Bad Bunny/Priest vs Miz and Morrison, I was very impressed with Bad Bunny in this and wonder if he will hang around for a while.

Enjoyed that they hopefully pushing Tamina and Natalya and I hope they win the titles on the 2nd night.

Looking forward to Night 2.

Mighty Member

I don't have much to say but Night 1 was really good. I'm glad that Lashley retained, Bianca won and Bad Bunny was legit. Bunny was better than he had any right to be.
    Bunny has been training. He actually gives a damn about this.

Agree about the night over-all. Good mix of tone and type of matches, many unified by a "do not be an arrogant arse" theme. Bianca and Sasha was *amazing*. Sasha seemed to have taken the worst of it during the match. But...oh muh lord, good match that moved a story. Sasha can *act*, showing the fall of an arrogant champ to a snarling beast....all without cinematics!

Kinda wishing that Rollins/Cesaro was on night 2. But, the match itself was good. (It was not better than Sasha/Bianca, but it did things their match did not.)

Really looking forward to Owens/Zayn tonight. Less enthusiastic about the women's tag match than I might have been otherwise. (The women's tag matches were not all bad. The Riot Squad delivered for the 15 minutes they were on screen. Naomi and Lana were truncated, but not bad. Carmella has improved, and Billie Kay was everything that makes he so much fun to hate. But, Natalya and Tamina getting the push...))

Didn't watch the Women's Title match main event, but thought for the most part night one was pretty good.
    Why do you punish yourself? Watch that match. You stand in front of a mirror, and tell yourself that you deserve nice things. You deserve to be happy. Then, you watch Sasha and Bianca. Be kind to yourself.
    Last edited by CentralPower; 04-11-2021 at 10:18 AM.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Ultimate Member

That hair whip Bianca gave Sasha hurt like hell.

Sasha had a massive welt after that.

Lashley already main evented Wrestlemania. It wasn't a title match but he was in the main event.
    Lashley has never main evented a Wrestlemania.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    They wanted to make Lashley a main-eventer 15 years ago. Lashley left the company on bad terms because they wanted to put his wife in an angle neither one was comfortable with. I'm sure he would have been a multiple time champ and headline a Mania or two if he stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo
    Ain't nobody denying the **** that the WWE has done nor is anyone defending it. Just for that WWE at this moment in time is excelling at the one thing that their competition publicly stated they would do and utterly failed at. They've been this without using it as a PR stunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Lashley has never main evented a Wrestlemania.
    I actually thought "The Battle of the Billionaires" was the main event.

I guess I mis-remembered.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-11-2021 at 11:08 AM.

He didn't Main-event a Mania. Being at Trump's corner wasn't the main-event of the show. That was Cena vs HBK.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He didn't Main-event a Mania. Being at Trump's corner wasn't the main-event of the show. That was Cena vs HBK.
    Yeah.

I corrected my original comment.

Why do you punish yourself? Watch that match. You stand in front of a mirror, and tell yourself that you deserve nice things. You deserve to be happy. Then, you watch Sasha and Bianca. Be kind to yourself.[/QUOTE]

Had to get up early today, that is why. lol

Spectacular Member

I actually thought "The Battle of the Billionaires" was the main event.

I guess I mis-remembered.
    Even if it wasnt the "main event" it was pushed as one of the biggest matches one the card. Not a bad match to be in on wrestlemania if you're a wrestler.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    Even if it wasnt the "main event" it was pushed as one of the biggest matches one the card. Not a bad match to be in on wrestlemania if you're a wrestler.
    Yeah, it was pretty huge event.

It was clear that Vince had some plans for him.

Astonishing Member

I don't think Lashley was nearly as good in-ring as he is now. Even 15 years ago they tried to give him a pretty big push, he just wasn't over because he didn't have much of a character and was just "ok" in-ring. He's got the in-ring skill now, even if he's starting to show his age a bit. He's still a monster brute.

They've finally got the right mouthpiece for him. I think he can remain high up on the card for a bit. There's still a lot of matches they haven't done with him and he's got enough of a history there are some old stories they could revisit too.