Page 399 of 902 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499899 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 13529
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly what worries me most about Meltzer's report is the chaos he's gonna sew in that locker room now. Because a lot of the young may believe this and this will impact working with Punk ahead. Then you could see the younger workers blame Punk , Danielson , Moxley , Jericho and others who are older stars who have came in. Creating a very WCW type situation where it was very bad backstage.

The young stars like Garcia , Alin and Cassidy could view the older stars as holding them back and worse. Creating a dynamic where they start to not like the older ones there. The older veterans like Punk , Jericho , Danielson etc could view the younger guys as not respecting them enough in this.

This is why its important for Tony Khan to step in quick. He has a great locker room of older and newer stars there. He can't let a report like this grow into hurting his locker room. Because it can.
    That's the thing, this sort of information going out into the public (true or not) is going to hurt the locker room badly.

Worse still is the "online AEW defence force" (some AEW fans are unbelievably toxic and feel that they HAVE to defend the company's honor) are very quick to jump in and take sides in this issue when we don't really know what the truth is.

EDIT: I am NOT defending Punk here, just that we really don't know exactly what is happening in AEW.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-19-2022 at 12:20 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Lio Rush is teasing something major for Monday

https://twitter.com/IamLioRush/statu...95881539649537

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Lio Rush is teasing something major for Monday

https://twitter.com/IamLioRush/statu...95881539649537
    Anything for him would be major at this point. He hasn't wrestled a match since January.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

According to a report by Wade Keller , Punk met with Khan to discuss the Hangman situation a good while before Dynamite began. No one knows if it was a planned "work" or not.

John Silver in one report has basically again shown Meltzer's report was a mess. Silver claimed Hangman Page was eating backstage during the Punk promo onscreen. That he had not left the building as claimed.

Its said that its done its damage. Half support Punk and half support Page in the locker room. That support is basically the old AEW stars are behind Page while the older established veterans back Punk.

Deadspin published an article where they literally used Punk's promos he did against Eddie Kingston and more to really discredit him. Painting him as an *******.

Kingston's promos are comically never mentioned. Like the whole...im better than the entire locker room one lol.

Either way people are worried Punk may end up quitting due to this silliness. With Cleveland being a site where he once quit before in WWE.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

According to a report by Wade Keller , Punk met with Khan to discuss the Hangman situation a good while before Dynamite began. No one knows if it was a planned "work" or not.

John Silver in one report has basically again shown Meltzer's report was a mess. Silver claimed Hangman Page was eating backstage during the Punk promo onscreen. That he had not left the building as claimed.

Its said that its done its damage. Half support Punk and half support Page in the locker room. That support is basically the old AEW stars are behind Page while the older established veterans back Punk.

Deadspin published an article where they literally used Punk's promos he did against Eddie Kingston and more to really discredit him. Painting him as an *******.

Kingston's promos are comically never mentioned. Like the whole...im better than the entire locker room one lol.

Either way people are worried Punk may end up quitting due to this silliness. With Cleveland being a site where he once quit before in WWE.
    Well, one thing's for sure, a lot of people quite clearly want CM Punk gone from AEW.

Online, a lot of fans have really pilloried Punk and a lot of websites are very critical of him. I know Punk can have a rotten attitude (he's shown that over the years) but a lot of stuff I read today didn't make sense.

I will definitely take a wait-and-see approach to all of this because it all seems very sensational.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-19-2022 at 06:02 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Punk has a history of being a self serving *******. I can believe that being the case in this instance.

I'm gonna laugh if its all a work and Punk uses this on Wednesday. "I got a lot of folks wanting me gone. Well why don't you grow some balls instead of running online to cry about me !"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

If he turns heel, then it's a win in my book.

He's much easier to boo.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    If you've somehow managed to develop an objective measure of what the majority or minority of fans want, please share.
    sure, i watch a lot of wrestling and many of these guys wrestle all over the place and in front of all kinds of different crowds.

Otherwise, I'm not sure why you're trying to downplay my opinion, whether it's shared by the minority or the majority. If you like Daniel Garcia, good for you, I see him as very boring.
    i wasn't trying to downplay your opinion, i never disagreed that you find him very boring.

so my point was while you couldn't care less about garcia(like i don't care about brianson) making people care isn't an issue for him(or danielson), and while he might be bland to you(like brianson is to me) the reactions he(and brianson)gets from the majority of fans he(and brianson)performs in front of say otherwise. also while i got what you meant i would like to point out that you did say "the man completely lacks any charisma. I’m happy he’s getting the spotlight and he’s a good worker but he’s very bland." no "to me" or "in my opinion"

No doubt.

But Khan cited all sorts of numbers to back up his claims. He wasn't just defending Punk, he was providing data to back it up. I'm not familiar with all this stuff but ultimately the only people that really have the data that Meltz and co like to cite are the guys that work in AEW.
    like i said i don't get into those debates so i wouldn't analyze those numbers, i'm just saying a promoter is going to promote.

FOCK DA METZ, but even if he was there wtf was he supposed to do?? work or shoot it was a bad look.

there's a good long list of guys who don't care for punk, who do you think are the older established veterans backing him??

haha, those fukn marks got WERKT!!!!

I'm gonna laugh if its all a work and Punk uses this on Wednesday. "I got a lot of folks wanting me gone. Well why don't you grow some balls instead of running online to cry about me !"
    hopefully you have the same reaction if you're wrong, because you're wrong A LOT.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-20-2022 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If he turns heel, then it's a win in my book.

He's much easier to boo.
    i'd be more happy if he quit, as a fan. no idea if it would be good for the company or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

hopefully you have the same reaction if you're wrong, because you're wrong A LOT.
    Naaaaah.....

Naaaaah.....
    yeah, probably more likely to go into denial than laugh.

Being serious now...a big thing I have noticed and (reports are this led to Punk/Page) is that AEW doesn't stop talent from shooting more open against others. In the same promo night Punk and Moxley took aim at each other in shoot style comments. This goes back as almost every promo from MJF to Moxley seems to have these really great mic promos where the guys don't care to rip into each other in ways.

Its said the heat between Punk and Page began where Hangman in the No Respect build up in his shoot style promo told Punk he wasn't championship worthy and said he was an ahole backstage to people. Which led to the anger the 2 men have.

These type of promos have a history of pissing off talents against each other and the WWF itself had this happen a couple times in late 1990's.

- Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels anger really didn't kick into drive til the 2 men were told to go out and shoot on each other in a promo. The idea was to build heat between them onscreen. Russo and McMahon didn't know what they'd really start off. Bret kept his shoot style promo to detail what a degenerate Shawn was etc (the same stuff he'd been saying for a long while) and how he'd pay when they faced each other. Well...then Shawn got on the mic and after ripping Bret into being a mark for himself....

Shawn pretty much did the famous Sunny Days comment , claiming Bret Hart was seeing Sunny ! This SET OFF BRET.

Now at this point Bret Hart's marriage wasn't doing well and this literally would be one of the final straws to end it. Bret was not seeing Sunny....it was Shawn who was. Backstage Bret and Shawn fought in real life over this one.

-

- That same year of 1997 the WWF did another worked shoot style promo. This one by.... Jeff Jarrett. I never knew this one for years but the story was ....

Jarrett was signed by WWF and told to go out there and deliver a shoot style promo on WCW , Bischoff and guys he'd face in WWF. The idea was to make Jarrett a serious top heel given the talent roster at the time. Jarrett came out and started shooting on Bischoff and WCW. Then he moved onto talent in WWF and shot on Shawn Michaels , Bret Hart (I believe then) and Steve Austin !

Jarrett's promo was like a pre-Slap Nuts type character. Its what he said about Austin that pissed off Stone Cold. In it Jarrett called Austin's use of 3:16 some religious slight and acted mad and offended as a heel. Austin saw this and remembered how working for Jarrett's father starting out had him barely eating potatoes each week in that territory. He then confronted Jarrett backstage over this promo (which was planned out in a way) . Austin swore to never work with him in WWF.

To punish Jarrett he was taken off screen a month or 2 and returned in the NWA Invasion in 1998.,

Being serious now...a big thing I have noticed and (reports are this led to Punk/Page) is that AEW doesn't stop talent from shooting more open against others. In the same promo night Punk and Moxley took aim at each other in shoot style comments. This goes back as almost every promo from MJF to Moxley seems to have these really great mic promos where the guys don't care to rip into each other in ways.

Its said the heat between Punk and Page began where Hangman in the No Respect build up in his shoot style promo told Punk he wasn't championship worthy and said he was an ahole backstage to people. Which led to the anger the 2 men have.

These type of promos have a history of pissing off talents against each other and the WWF itself had this happen a couple times in late 1990's.

- Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels anger really didn't kick into drive til the 2 men were told to go out and shoot on each other in a promo. The idea was to build heat between them onscreen. Russo and McMahon didn't know what they'd really start off. Bret kept his shoot style promo to detail what a degenerate Shawn was etc (the same stuff he'd been saying for a long while) and how he'd pay when they faced each other. Well...then Shawn got on the mic and after ripping Bret into being a mark for himself....

Shawn pretty much did the famous Sunny Days comment , claiming Bret Hart was seeing Sunny ! This SET OFF BRET.

Now at this point Bret Hart's marriage wasn't doing well and this literally would be one of the final straws to end it. Bret was not seeing Sunny....it was Shawn who was. Backstage Bret and Shawn fought in real life over this one.

-

- That same year of 1997 the WWF did another worked shoot style promo. This one by.... Jeff Jarrett. I never knew this one for years but the story was ....

Jarrett was signed by WWF and told to go out there and deliver a shoot style promo on WCW , Bischoff and guys he'd face in WWF. The idea was to make Jarrett a serious top heel given the talent roster at the time. Jarrett came out and started shooting on Bischoff and WCW. Then he moved onto talent in WWF and shot on Shawn Michaels , Bret Hart (I believe then) and Steve Austin !
    what a horrible idea.

Jarrett's promo was like a pre-Slap Nuts type character. Its what he said about Austin that pissed off Stone Cold. In it Jarrett called Austin's use of 3:16 some religious slight and acted mad and offended as a heel. Austin saw this and remembered how working for Jarrett's father starting out had him barely eating potatoes each week in that territory. He then confronted Jarrett backstage over this promo (which was planned out in a way) . Austin swore to never work with him in WWF.

To punish Jarrett he was taken off screen a month or 2 and returned in the NWA Invasion in 1998.,
    OH HELL YEAH!!!!

Ultimate Member

sure, i watch a lot of wrestling and many of these guys wrestle all over the place and in front of all kinds of different crowds.
    That doesn't really say much though.

i wasn't trying to downplay your opinion, i never disagreed that you find him very boring.

so my point was while you couldn't care less about garcia(like i don't care about brianson) making people care isn't an issue for him(or danielson), and while he might be bland to you(like brianson is to me) the reactions he(and brianson)gets from the majority of fans he(and brianson)performs in front of say otherwise. also while i got what you meant i would like to point out that you did say "the man completely lacks any charisma. I’m happy he’s getting the spotlight and he’s a good worker but he’s very bland." no "to me" or "in my opinion"
    Come on man, isn't my opinion implied in my posts? I don't need say "IMO" all the time to imply that.

Particularly in reference to stuff that's not at quantifiable or measurable.

like i said i don't get into those debates so i wouldn't analyze those numbers, i'm just saying a promoter is going to promote.
    Fair enough.