Page 175 of 902 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275675 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Close your eyes when listening to this. This guy is channeling his uncle.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Chughes61...91683934662661

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Good Danielson interview today, two excerpts:

[Danielson]: (Vince) used this analogy with me a lot. He likened me to a racehorse who needs a bit in their mouth because some races horses need a bit in their mouth because you need to be able to control the racehorse. If you don’t they’ll run themselves into the ground. When he said that in the back of my mind I’d always think, “Yeah, but I’d kind of rather be a wild horse rather than a racehorse with a bit in my mouth. That was a big point too as far as signing with AEW.

Q: Did you have a conversation with Vince before you made the decision or tell him that you were leaving?

A: Besides my wife, he was the first person I told. He and I have a great relationship. That was actually one of the harder things about leaving. Because I had such a positive experience in WWE. From my perspective, I have a lot of respect and love for him and that was one of the hardest things. Like, I don’t want him to think I’m betraying him or anything like that. It was really hard. One of the main reason’s why it took me so long to make the decision was my loyalty to Vince.
    Q: Are there guys at the top of your list in AEW that you want to make sure you wrestle?

A: Jon Moxley and I had wrestled in WWE, but never on a super big singles match of anything like that. I would love to wrestle him and Cody. But then there are the young guys that I really think are interesting matches. Darby Allin is becoming a huge star but I’m really intrigued by Dante Martin. He’s not the biggest name on the list, but he can just do so many incredible things. There’s Jungle Boy, there’s MJF. Hangman Page is only 30 years old.
    https://nypost.com/2021/09/22/bryan-...t-kenny-omega/

I'm gaining more respect for and enjoyment from Moxley. I think Danielson is a kind of wrestler that can make Moxley great, look great. Bring that 1996/97 "I can still mat wrestle too" Stone Cold out of him that he really needs IMHO.

Mox is great at 1998 Stone Cold, but 1996 Survivor Series Stone Cold (or 1997 pre-injury Austin) is way better. We've only seen that a couple or few times with Mox in AEW so far.

Danielson vs Darby, Dante, Jungle Boy, MJF, Hangman ....YES to all of these.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-22-2021 at 09:06 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Close your eyes when listening to this. This guy is channeling his uncle.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Chughes61...91683934662661
    Like I said, he's L'il Poppa Pump.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Like I said, he's L'il Poppa Pump.
    But are his math skills up to snuff?

Some DERT SHEETZ are reporting Sting is in different makeup backstage tonight.

Joker Sting perhaps??

Probably just rumor mongers.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Some DERT SHEETZ are reporting Sting is in different makeup backstage tonight.

Joker Sting perhaps??

Probably just rumor mongers.
    Turned out to be true

Great Dynamite overall. Omega vs Danielson was not as great as it should have been (especially considering the super hot crowd), but it seems clear they intended the match as a teaser of a larger PPV match to come down the road.

Don't get me wrong, Danielson vs Omega was very good....just not great great.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-22-2021 at 07:51 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I thought Omega vs Danielson was great. I thought taking it slow was the right call. Crowd hung on to everything they did. They popped for a collar & elbow tie up. When they have that level of investment there;s no need to do anything crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Crowd hung on to everything they did...When they have that level of investment there's no need to do anything crazy
    You need to do crazier things to win over Meltzer and/or the Cagematch.com crowd though. The hot crowd was not enough for me, because I saw the action, and it wasn't crazy cool enough, nor every move perfectly executed either. And I'm not even much subtracting from the match due to the no-finish, I don't factor that in much.

It was simply a very good match that I hope was just a teaser for an even greater PPV match down the road.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-22-2021 at 08:00 PM.

DA MELTZ gave it **** 3/4 already lol.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-23-2021 at 10:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    You need to do crazier things to win over Meltzer and/or the Cagematch.com crowd though. The hot crowd was not enough for me, because I saw the action, and it wasn't crazy cool enough, nor every move perfectly executed either. And I'm not even much subtracting from the match due to the no-finish, I don't factor that in much.

It was simply a very good match that I hope was just a teaser for an even greater PPV match down the road.
    For me it was alright but not the best match of the week, that honor goes to Big E Vs Reigns Vs Lashley

AEW was at 18,938 at gate opening. With suite sales ... They could be the first non-WWF/E show since 1998 to break 20k ... Can't wait to hear the final gate numbers!

It was already the highest attended non-WWE show since 1999. What's another record?

Edit to add:
    JR tweeted out 20, 177 at TV time and roughly 300 more suites.

Nice! Good news for wrestling fans!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-22-2021 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    But are his math skills up to snuff?
    LOL! I remember that promo.

Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

LOVING THESE
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player