Page 862 of 902 FirstFirst ... 362762812852858859860861862863864865866872 ... LastLast
Results 12,916 to 12,930 of 13529

cm punk, dixie carter and cody rhodes backstage for WWE Raw in 2023 was not on my bingo card.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Even the women look disgusted at having to work with unsafe Nia Jax. The look on their faces is one of….ugh
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly this gimmick seems like something out of 1980s WWF. Aren’t we beyond a guy doing this ?

I’d rather a dude believe he’s the son of Odin on WWE tv. He carries a hammer like miljoner and discusses the high father. Thor can be used as long as it’s not the Marvel look etc.

I can see people thinking the dude is nuts…”I have traveled the rainbow bridge and set at table with my father…Odin.’
    Obviously not...

Someone wants their "Attitude Era Greatest Hits..." when it comes to someone like LA Knight?

That might not be all of the "Greatest Hits..." that you wind up getting.

QT gave his 30 days notice.

Thank you AEW. Thank you Tony Khan. I've had the privilege of being here since day 1 and I've written over 750 formats for All Elite Wrestling and always with pride. As much as I've enjoyed being a VP, Manager of Talent Relations and wearing a myriad of hats, the company has changed a lot since 2019 and is heading in a different direction and I feel that it's best I do the same as we only get one chance to go All In! I have officially resigned from AEW and will have fulfilled all obligations by the end of 2023.

Thank you to everyone from the front office to the production truck to some of the hardest working talent in this sport! Most importantly, thank you to those who booed, cheered, and took part in this season of my life.
    It kinda reads like he lost some kind of backstage power struggle and decided it was time to hit the road rather than take a backseat as a producer. He and Tony Schiavone were the guys closest in TK's inner circle during the mid-2021 to early 2022 hot period according to Tony himself in that press release where he outlined their official responsibilities, so I'm sad to see him go even if the TV character of QT Marshall has run his course. Can't say I'm said about QTV ending.

OR ...

QT wants to wrestle more and was enjoying doing more in AAA. His title run was incredible. And fun.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Obviously not...

Someone wants their "Attitude Era Greatest Hits..." when it comes to someone like LA Knight?

That might not be all of the "Greatest Hits..." that you wind up getting.
    Knights doing a reality based gimmick. This is a guy dressing up like an 80s style gimmick deal and those died in 1990s.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    QT gave his 30 days notice.

It kinda reads like he lost some kind of backstage power struggle and decided it was time to hit the road rather than take a backseat as a producer. He and Tony Schiavone were the guys closest in TK's inner circle during the mid-2021 to early 2022 hot period according to Tony himself in that press release where he outlined their official responsibilities, so I'm sad to see him go even if the TV character of QT Marshall has run his course. Can't say I'm said about QTV ending.

OR ...

QT wants to wrestle more and was enjoying doing more in AAA. His title run was incredible. And fun.

Or….WWE has signed QT Marshall to be a backstage producer for RAW/Smackdown/NXT…..maybe…

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Or….WWE has signed QT Marshall to be a backstage producer for RAW/Smackdown/NXT…..maybe…
    He is still working with AEW till the 31st of December ... Not sure he can.

The blows keep coming for AEW.

There was a rumor that Joe was going to take the title off MJF at the end of the year PPV followed by AmDrag taking it from Joe after costing him his C2 victory. Which would setup one of Bryan's top "one last match" requests ... Dropping to Swerve in the Summer before his last match with Sabre at Wembley.

And now ... MJF:
    i just got an MRI. I tore my labrum in my left shoulder. I’ll be defending my title at worlds end. I believe in AEW.
    Hmmmmm ...

Seth is out…..we’re about to see where this goes….

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He is still working with AEW till the 31st of December ... Not sure he can.
    2024 signing…maybe lol

Extraordinary Member

Wow War Games was off the hook. I know everybody's excited about Punk. But before he came back it was definitely the Randy Orton show. Some of those spots felt like Wrestlemania moments.

Incredible Member

The actual War Games match was super short, since it doesn't begin until everybody has entered.

Incidentally, that's always been my big issue with War Games; *nothing that happens* actually matters before thr match starts. Yeah, people take beatings, but you can't eliminate anyway. I think almost everyWar Game I've seen had everybody on their feet for a final face off spot.

That said, it makes sense to ease Randy back into the ring. Everybody says that the best cardio conditioning for wrestling is to actually be wrestling.

Very curious to see how Punk reacts if/when a crowd throws him a curve ball. There were times he went completely offscreen from a single heckle or sign he didn't like.
    Last edited by Jared; 11-27-2023 at 08:51 PM.

Randy isn’t a merciful man. He toyed with Domink and as prey after playing with him he decided to take him out. Poor Dom….you don’t cross a Viper.

Incredible Member

That wasn't as good as his AEW return promo. He doesn't have the same emotion behind it. He also didn't say anything even a teeny bit pipe bombish...I'm sure WWE has him on a short leash and with good reason...but a *safe* CM Punk on the mic isn't all that compelling.

I knew Punk wouldn’t acknowledge AEW and go onto basically hinting at Seth Rollins. That “some aka Seth” fear him because in this ring , on this mic BEST IN THE WORLD is back.

Punk also sent his love from AJ Lee.

“I’m not here to make friends, I’m here to make money..” as he tells the camera.