Page 454 of 902 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504554 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't even care who did what anymore they all need to suck it up and get back in the ring.
    At this point I'd prefer if Punk was just gone altogether.

Guy was handed the world and used it to wipe his ass over hurt feelings and a bloated ego.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm curious as to which night Tony Khan desires it to be on. Sat or Sun?
    Who knows? All he has said is different day.

Knowing that he is a huge wrestling nerd, my hunch is Monday.

I'm sure TK would take any weekday at the point.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post

Guy was handed the world and used it to wipe his ass over hurt feelings and a bloated ego.
    I agree. He's done nothing helpful since his debut. Hope he takes the Bucks with him.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-28-2022 at 02:32 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Given how the belt has been hot potato'd since Punk won it, I think MJF is the best option they have for a long term champion.
    I agree with this. The best run AEW had was with Omega. So MJF can come in and settle the situation down and get a nice very long run with the belt.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I think AEW needs to book like old Crockett and WCW in a way. Kevin Sullivan himself said in a shoot that his way of booking creative for years was...a heel focused World Champion. That is what he worked best with and Crockett ran that way as well.

If you look back in the 1980's Ric Flair as top heel would always drop the NWA World title at times but he'd always get it back and go on another long heel run. Then drop and do it again. WCW itself booked Hollywood Hogan at the top in NWO as we saw then in late 1990's.

AEW's best run was Omega as we saw. Things were clicking on all cylinders and everything seemed to flow off Kenny Omega. So with MJF I'd say AEW needs to return to that focus. According to some reports beyond the link , CM Punk was gonna really ....REALLY do the honors for MJF originally planned. From some reports he was gonna drop the belt to MJF in Chicago at All Out.

https://whatculture.com/wwe/original...022-main-event

Which again we knew by everything had Punk not suffered injuries he was gonna do the honors for Max. In fact Max was in the locker room with Punk according to reports. So he is a witness. Its clear Punk really saw he was the guy he really wanted to do business with. (A fact MJF himself bragged in an interview him and Punk had the best feud in AEW's history)

So yeah...its a shame he got hurt twice because the goal was to get him to drop it to MJF.

Who can be that strong year long World Champion the company needs right now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Gedo is in Philly tonight.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post

He gets people watching though he makes money it makes sense to keep him around.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Who knows? All he has said is different day.

Knowing that he is a huge wrestling nerd, my hunch is Monday.

I'm sure TK would take any weekday at the point.

I agree. He's done nothing helpful since his debut. Hope he takes the Bucks with him.
    TK has said he doesn't want AEW competing with the NFL (he does work for the jaguars). I doubt he would be open having AEW on Monday and Thursday.

Gotta give it to Page...

That guy is not afraid to walk down to the ring looking like a bowl of Franken Berry.

He gets people watching though he makes money it makes sense to keep him around.
    While I think what the Bucks were doing and actions weren't good , I think they should be kept around. Not as EVP's of course. But them and Omega are needed like Punk is. (And Punk is really , really needed)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    TK has said he doesn't want AEW competing with the NFL (he does work for the jaguars). I doubt he would be open having AEW on Monday and Thursday.
    Good point, I did not think of that.

Sting is tagging with the Great Muta in his last match as Muta. He still has one last match a month after that. That's big for NOAH.

Ultimate Member

I don't even care who did what anymore they all need to suck it up and get back in the ring.
    Quoted in agreement.

A young female fan took a picture with CM Punk recently. His arm has a mechanical cast type deal on it. But as the picture shows he seems to be in a good mood. Regardless of injury and issues going on.

Rumor roundup:

- AEW altered several matches/outcomes last night due to Hurricane Ian; Swerve vs. Castor, Joe on the card, and a few other changes since it was supposed to be a ROH heavy show
    - Talk is picking up that several ROH titles will be merged; 6 man with AEW Trios and some combination of the Pure, World, and TV into 2 separate belts. If TV cannot be found for ROH, the plan is to keep the Pure belt, merge the rest, and have the Pure belt keep ROH rules.
    - Daddy Ass is officially Billy Gunn's new name
    - Saraya is contracted for 3 years with limited physical contact (akin to Sting's situation) as she is currently not cleared for ANY ring work
    - Sasha Banks is now Mercedes Vernado on social media, making her return looking doubtful now
    - Karl Fredricks has been spotted at the WWE PC, a Shibata young lion from NJPW Strong
    - Statlander is still slated to take the TBS title off Jade BUT now talk is it will be Hayter to setup her leaving Baker but also setup a Baker/Jade/Hayter program
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-29-2022 at 05:23 AM.

I can't believe Khan can't even turn one of his YouTube shows into a ROH show and do that with some ROH crossover matches at times on Dynamite or AEW PPV at times. And keep the ROH PPV's running 4 times a year.

They can do their main storylines on those YouTube shows with a bit of crossover on AEW shows at times.