Page 53 of 902 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153553 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Why do you think this is going to be Lashleys first and only title reign?
    He's 45 years old.

He's in fantastic shape but time isn't on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    He's 45 years old.

He's in fantastic shape but time isn't on his side.
    True but I don't see how that means he can't win eather title again this year or the next?

Surprised that Drew and Lashley started the show. But I have no problem with Lashley retaining, this is his first and likely only title reign. He should be given a little more time with the title.

Cesaro and Rollins was excellent. No surprise there, both guys are great. That corkscrew frog splash thing Rollins did was amazing.

I didn't have any problem with the tag team match. Omos is so fricking huge so I fully expected something like this.

Didn't care for the tag team turmoil match.

Bad Bunny can actually wrestle. LOL.

Bianca and Sasha were great. Sasha is an all time great and Bianca is almost a perfect athelete. Bianca fully deserves the championship.

Overall, night one had more ups then downs (using Whatculture's lingo).

It's actually funny, for all the **** i've given WWE regarding diversity, they have a black WWE champion, a black Intercontinental champion, a black Smackdown women's champion and an Asian RAW womens' champion. It's impressive. Cole even made reference to this being the first time that we've had two black women main event a Wrestlemania. AEW should take note, this is REAL diversity.
    very true, aew should aim to make that happen by the 30th anniversary of their biggest show.

True but I don't see how that means he can't win eather title again this year or the next?
    just imagine what could have been if wwe had discovered lashley and mvp 15yrs earlier when time was on their side.

I don't think this is necessarily Lashley's only reign, could easily see him dropping the belt later this year and picking it up (or the smackdown belt) again next year. He's a full time monster heel with a great mouth piece who looks like he at least a few years left.

That said I agree 100% he was wasted for most of his career, and should have had way more than the 2-3 world reigns I think he'll get.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

AEW should take note, this is REAL diversity.
    One half of their first tag champions was Black. Their entire history of their women's championship goes Asian-Trans-Asian. Their current world champion (and former tag champion) is Bi.

AEW doesn't have a diversity problem.

And let's just ignore that the "historic first Mania headlined by two Black women" was co-hosted by a known racist.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    very true, aew should aim to make that happen by the 30th anniversary of their biggest show.

just imagine what could have been if wwe had discovered lashley and mvp 15yrs earlier when time was on their side.
    AEW made statements about committing to diversity.

It’s hilarious they made they comment only to see existing promotions completely run them over in this regard.

Lashley hasn’t spent the last 15 years in WWE. Not sure what you were referring to there.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-11-2021 at 06:44 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    One half of their first tag champions was Black. Their entire history of their women's championship goes Asian-Trans-Asian. Their current world champion (and former tag champion) is Bi.

And let's just ignore that the "historic first Mania headlined by two Black women" was co-hosted by a known racist.
    Again, Tony Khan came out with the diversity thing in booking. I’ve given WWE **** in the past but they’ve actually gone ahead and done what other promotions only pay lip service too.

And apart from the women’s division, there’s been a little of that on the AEW main roster. They really have to do better.

Has Kenny Omega actually confirmed that he’s bisexual? He’s purposely vague about stuff like that in the past.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-11-2021 at 06:45 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Their women's division has been terrible. AEW did more to prop up a women belt of another promotion then their own.

Ultimate Member

Hopefully, but I’d surprised if WWE give him more title reigns.

Has Kenny Omega actually confirmed that he’s bisexual? He’s purposely vague about stuff like that in the past.
    He's confirmed on Twitter that he doesn't know what he is and doesn't put much thought into it. Still basically puts him in the "non-straight" spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Their women's division has been terrible. AEW did more to prop up a women belt of another promotion then their own.
    I'm not talking about booking. I'm not claiming that was great. But the topic was diversity and every women's champion they've had have been non-white and one was LGBT+. That's diversity.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

He's confirmed on Twitter that he doesn't know what he is and doesn't put much thought into it. Still basically puts him in the "non-straight" spectrum.
    You should let Kenny decide that for himself instead of giving him the label.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle
    I'm not talking about booking. I'm not claiming that was great. But the topic was diversity and every women's champion they've had have been non-white and one was LGBT+. That's diversity.
    It would have more of an impact if there was something good behind it. Checking off the checkbox isn't good enough.

Ultimate Member

It would have more of an impact if there was something good behind it. Checking off the checkbox isn't good enough.
    Exactly.

Just having a couple of POC that do nothing does exactly that....nothing.

Noted. I admit fault on that. Still doesn't discount the other inclusivity in the company.

Exactly.

Just having a couple of POC that do nothing does exactly that....nothing.
    And them screaming "Look at us! We have the first _____ champion!" or "This is the first _____ main event!" is? Then you're just doing it as a PR move and not doing it because it's the right thing to do.

WWE's first full-Black WWE champion lost the belt in seconds in order to have a celebrity title match at a blood money show. They strolled out a self-admitted racist to host their biggest show of the year last night, after inducting him to their Hall of Fame for a second time. The same Hall of Fame that has an entire award named after a homophobe. Not exactly an example to show AEW of what "real diversity" is.

Ultimate Member

And them screaming "Look at us! We have the first _____ champion!" or "This is the first _____ main event!" is? Then you're just doing it as a PR move and not doing it because it's the right thing to do.

WWE's first full-Black WWE champion lost the belt in seconds in order to have a celebrity title match at a blood money show. They strolled out a self-admitted racist to host their biggest show of the year last night, after inducting him to their Hall of Fame for a second time. The same Hall of Fame that has an entire award named after a homophobe. Not exactly an example to show AEW of what "real diversity" is.
    I can't and won't defend WWE's shitty practices. Like I said, my post history has been me shitting all over them.

But for a much younger promotion that went on record about diversity, AEW really needs to step up to the plate. Even Impact Wrestling has them beat when it comes to putting POC in main events.

I watched Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair get emotional about being the first black women to main event a Women's Championship match at Wrestlemania. This means something, it's not about words, its not about hanging minorities hanging around the roster, they have to do something.

That's what AEW NEEDS to learn from WWE.

Didn't watch the Women's Title match main event, but thought for the most part night one was pretty good.

Lashley - Drew was a good match and Lashley retained which is the best thing to do, He will hold it till Summerslam, I would guess.

Tag Team turmoil I enjoyed for what it was - Correct team one there as well. 2nd generation team winning belts would be a good story. I see Reggie costing Nia and Shana the belts.

Rollins - Cesaro was a great match, hopefully this pushed Cesaro towards main event statrus. The no hands spinning thing was crazy!

New Day - AJ / Omos was about what I expected, pretty much a joke. Omos is huge but very limited and stiff.

Braun - Shane - it was a typical cage match and shane took his yearly bump, that was about it.

Bunny / Priest - Miz / morrison was entertaning, Bunny can wrestle. Miz was his usual annoying chicken **** heel, the Easter bunny's entrance was stupid, some were missing ears. lol