Page 176 of 187 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2805

Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-23-2021 at 10:56 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    You need to do crazier things to win over Meltzer and/or the Cagematch.com crowd though. The hot crowd was not enough for me, because I saw the action, and it wasn't crazy cool enough, nor every move perfectly executed either. And I'm not even much subtracting from the match due to the no-finish, I don't factor that in much.

It was simply a very good match that I hope was just a teaser for an even greater PPV match down the road.
    For me it was alright but not the best match of the week, that honor goes to Big E Vs Reigns Vs Lashley

AEW was at 18,938 at gate opening. With suite sales ... They could be the first non-WWF/E show since 1998 to break 20k ... Can't wait to hear the final gate numbers!

It was already the highest attended non-WWE show since 1999. What's another record?

Edit to add:
    JR tweeted out 20, 177 at TV time and roughly 300 more suites.

Nice! Good news for wrestling fans!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-22-2021 at 10:15 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    But are his math skills up to snuff?
    LOL! I remember that promo.

Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

LOVING THESE
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    AEW is in a spot if they try and cancel Ric Flair . As linked Dustin Rhodes himself was named in other flight attendants deal online and its on sites as posted. So the company will be blasted for keeping Dustin and promoting the school all while blacklisting Flair. Tony Khan really has some hard decisions ahead on this. If he does do that to Flair and points at this people will counter...then why aren't you punishing Dustin Rhodes ?
    seems like an easy decision to me, address the stuff with dustin if he has to since he is an employee and simply don't hire flair. khan doesn't need to address flair's issues since he never hired him in the 1st place. who cares if some jackoffs want to cry about flair being blacklisted?? you don't have to xplain why you didn't hire somebody.

You need to do crazier things to win over Meltzer and/or the Cagematch.com crowd though. The hot crowd was not enough for me, because I saw the action, and it wasn't crazy cool enough, nor every move perfectly executed either. And I'm not even much subtracting from the match due to the no-finish, I don't factor that in much.

It was simply a very good match that I hope was just a teaser for an even greater PPV match down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    DA MELTZ gave it **** 3/4 already lol.
    well shit, there went that theory.

Astonishing Member
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    DA MELTZ gave it **** 3/4 already lol.
    Yeah, Meltz gets em wrong many times, and I think he got this one wrong. I think ****

I bet Cagematch fans will dispute his rating (over time). I see some already. You see the typical expected day-of 10/10 fans on there (every match is apparently 10/10 the night you see it), but over time it will give way to rationality on this match. Strip away this crowd, and you have a slower start to the match, and some other things like missed execution/timing that bring it down some notches IMHO.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-23-2021 at 05:29 AM.
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge in 2016.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I have to question a group of fans who need wrestlers to kill themselves to get enjoyment out of a match. Even if you take the hot crowd out of the equation the match was still great

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I have to question a group of fans who need wrestlers to kill themselves to get enjoyment out of a match. Even if you take the hot crowd out of the equation the match was still great
    I don't necessarily need anyone to kill themselves to rate this higher (you can get to five star matches by many routes). I think it's only great in the 4 stars and no more sense.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-23-2021 at 04:35 AM.

Yeah, Meltz gets em wrong many times, and I think he got this one wrong. I think ****

I bet Cagematch fans will dispute his rating. I see some already. You see the typical expected day-of 10/10 fans on there, but over time it will give way to rationality on this match. Strip away this crowd, and you have a slower start to the match, and some other things that bring it down some notches.
    wrestling fans arguing star ratings is the best thing about the internet, especially when it comes down to fractions of a snowflake.

oh, and i almost forgot FOCK DA MELTZ!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    wrestling fans arguing star ratings is the best thing about the internet, especially when it comes down to fractions of a snowflake.
    Haha. I do love reading match analyses and reviews. The star ratings are increasingly silly and feel meaningless sometimes due to 6 or more stars entering discussions. But at least stars act as sort of a crude or relative snapshot of someone's (hopefully longer) review of a match (or a set of matches).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-23-2021 at 05:38 AM.

I bet Cagematch fans will dispute his rating (over time). I see some already. You see the typical expected day-of 10/10 fans on there (every match is apparently 10/10 the night you see it), but over time it will give way to rationality on this match. Strip away this crowd, and you have a slower start to the match, and some other things like missed execution/timing that bring it down some notches IMHO.
    think about that for a second. working the crowd they're performing in front of being held as a mark against the match.

Haha. I do love reading match analyses and reviews. The star ratings are increasingly silly and feel meaningless sometimes due to 6 or more stars entering discussions. But at least stars act as sort of a crude snapshot of someone's hopefully longer review of a match.
    that shit can be outright hilarious when people start haggling over a quarter star.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    think about that for a second. working the crowd they're performing in front of being held as a mark against the match.
    They could have got the very same effect, worked up the crowd with more interesting stuff, holds. Bleacher report put it well: "It was a simple story that was almost driven more by the fans than the wrestlers themselves."

Danielson proved he can go though, as healthy as I've ever seen him. No lost steps.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-23-2021 at 06:19 AM.

They could have got the very same effect, worked up the crowd with more interesting stuff, holds. Bleacher report put it well: "It was a simple story that was almost driven more by the fans than the wrestlers themselves."
    they might've got the same effect by doing the john jacob jingleheimer schmidt routine, but they obviously didn't need to, to get the very same effect.

of course you're free to judge a match however you want, but when i'm trying to judge fairly i won't hold them not doing what i wanted them to do as a strike against them or the match.