Page 511 of 902 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    News Rumors Bits & Bobs:

- Undertaker and Michelle McCool are going to be at SS, no word if they'll be on camera.

- Sasha Banks and Naomi are not confirmed to be there.

- Becky Lynch is in Boston.

- Maryse is filming some reality show stuff in Boston.

- Gabi Butler signed a NIL deal with WWE.

- Mia Yim is ... Mia Yim again.
    In other words nothing is happening in wrestling at the moment.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Saw a meme online where it predicts WWE's future, and it's simply The Bloodline all as very old bearded men holding the same titles.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Looks like Jeff Jarrett is sticking around on TV. He didn't deserve that TNA sucks chant

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Looks like Jeff Jarrett is sticking around on TV. He didn't deserve that TNA sucks chant
    Considering how Khan signed a number of TNA production people and they recruited talent from there ...no. Buts its an audience that believes Jarrett is some terrible worker etc. Seeing clips of him against Sting ...he sold Sting perfect in that tag match at PPV. They showed him and Sting working and you'd think...this isn't some 50+ year old man selling for a 60+ year old. The 2 looked crisp in punches and kicks thrown.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I don't see why he didn't deserve it. Jeff was a big highly-promoted star of TNA and fans are allowed to hate TNA. If Hogan showed up on AEW and fans chanted "WCW Sucks" or "WWE Sucks," Hogan can't say he didn't deserve that, as if he wasn't a very big representative feature of both promotions.

That fans had a such a strong negative reaction to TNA reflects more on TNA's legacy of failings than anything else IMHO. And I say that as someone who enjoys and owns many TNA matches. IMHO if you join a promotion, and you're a huge star for it, you kinda have to own that promotion and what fans come to associate with it.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-23-2022 at 09:56 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Jericho needs to work that style more often; that was his best match since New Japan. And a late MotY contender.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The excuses for Jarrett and TNA is the actual real reasons why the NWA World title didn't get thrown around to whoever we wanted or who fans wanted from 2002-2006. Since Lbo keeps ignoring it.

- The idea was Ken Shamrock was gonna be their BIG STAR and the NWA allowed TNA to use their titles on a working deal. The NWA had to strip someone of the title with Shamrock approved for it. Once Ken left the company then tried Killens awhile but with money issues (Panda bailed them out) they had to go to the old territory concept awhile til things changed.

- The territory concept like Lawler in Memphis or Verne in AWA was that they knew Jeff Jarrett would never up and leave the company for WWE or anywhere else. Like Shamrock did UFC then. So to protect the company and brand , Jarrett carried the belt awhile then.

- Beyond Raven (who we can say , sure he should have gotten a run in 2002 than AJ Styles then) the roster was full of young guys not ready or guys who clearly just didn't deserve the belt. I like Jerry Lynn and Justin Credible but they weren't really stars by this stage and were World Champions in a dying ECW those final months. Scott Hall was undpendable , Kid Kash was mid-card heel and could have rose up , Abyss wasn't ready then etc.

- So you have a company with a lot of stars NOT READY to get that push with a mix of mid card heels and faces who weren't ....big stars. Beyond Raven. You have the NWA committee which had approval on title changes and actually led to TNA finally in 2007 breaking away.

- Once the company signed stars like : Sting , Christian , Booker T , Scott Steiner and Kurt Angle with stars like Samoa Joe and AJ Styles stepping up ...what happened ? Jarrett would be on TV rarely beyond his big Angle feud and he never became World Champion again as he didn't need to anymore.

1- They had stars signed to make World Champion by this stage.
    2- The young guys like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe was ready to be World Champion.
    3- The NWA was no longer a factor on title changes.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The excuses for Jarrett and TNA is the actual real reasons why the NWA World title didn't get thrown around to whoever we wanted or who fans wanted from 2002-2006. Since Lbo keeps ignoring it.

- The idea was Ken Shamrock was gonna be their BIG STAR and the NWA allowed TNA to use their titles on a working deal. The NWA had to strip someone of the title with Shamrock approved for it. Once Ken left the company then tried Killens awhile but with money issues (Panda bailed them out) they had to go to the old territory concept awhile til things changed.

- The territory concept like Lawler in Memphis or Verne in AWA was that they knew Jeff Jarrett would never up and leave the company for WWE or anywhere else. Like Shamrock did UFC then. So to protect the company and brand , Jarrett carried the belt awhile then.

- Beyond Raven (who we can say , sure he should have gotten a run in 2002 than AJ Styles then) the roster was full of young guys not ready or guys who clearly just didn't deserve the belt. I like Jerry Lynn and Justin Credible but they weren't really stars by this stage and were World Champions in a dying ECW those final months. Scott Hall was undpendable , Kid Kash was mid-card heel and could have rose up , Abyss wasn't ready then etc.

- So you have a company with a lot of stars NOT READY to get that push with a mix of mid card heels and faces who weren't ....big stars. Beyond Raven. You have the NWA committee which had approval on title changes and actually led to TNA finally in 2007 breaking away.

- Once the company signed stars like : Sting , Christian , Booker T , Scott Steiner and Kurt Angle with stars like Samoa Joe and AJ Styles stepping up ...what happened ? Jarrett would be on TV rarely beyond his big Angle feud and he never became World Champion again as he didn't need to anymore.

1- They had stars signed to make World Champion by this stage.
    2- The young guys like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe was ready to be World Champion.
    3- The NWA was no longer a factor on title changes.
    sounds like xcuses and rationalization to me, but despite the bullshit that i won't bother to dissect in 2022 why did the booking need to suck?? why after a lifetime in the business did slapnuts suck at booking a wrestling promotion and lack the sense to not bring russo in??

why would something like this not seem out of the ordinary when slapnuts was in charge??

Last edited by BigLbo; 11-24-2022 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I don't see why he didn't deserve it. Jeff was a big highly-promoted star of TNA and fans are allowed to hate TNA. If Hogan showed up on AEW and fans chanted "WCW Sucks" or "WWE Sucks," Hogan can't say he didn't deserve that, as if he wasn't a very big representative feature of both promotions.

That fans had a such a strong negative reaction to TNA reflects more on TNA's legacy of failings than anything else IMHO. And I say that as someone who enjoys and owns many TNA matches. IMHO if you join a promotion, and you're a huge star for it, you kinda have to own that promotion and what fans come to associate with it.
    The last time Jarrett was in TNA in any real compacity was during the GFW merger. I'm pretty sure the company got sold to Anthem after that failed to generate interest. I get he created the company but that's like still associating Stan Lee with Marvel when he hasn't worked for them in years.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    sounds like xcuses and rationalization to me, but despite the bullshit that i won't bother to dissect in 2022 why did the booking need to suck?? why after a lifetime in the business did slapnuts suck at booking a wrestling promotion and lack the sense to not bring russo in??

why would something like this not seem out of the ordinary when slapnuts was in charge??

Dutch Mantell broke it down that Jeff Jarrett wasn't soley in charge here. He was a part of booking committee . Vince Russo , Dutch Mantell , Scott D'Amore , Glen Gilbertti (Disco) , Dusty Rhodes , Jim Cornette and even Jeremy Borash all seemingly weaved in and out of booking committee. Dutch himself booked the Knockouts for 2-3 years since no one else wanted to do it then.

Jarrett was a part of it. This article in 2004 brings up him being replaced at one point. But TNA was a weird evolving door place with guys shifting in and out beyond Russo for years. lol

https://www.wrestlezone.com/news/236...booker-for-tna

The last time Jarrett was in TNA in any real compacity was during the GFW merger. I'm pretty sure the company got sold to Anthem after that failed to generate interest. I get he created the company but that's like still associating Stan Lee with Marvel when he hasn't worked for them in years.

We have to be honest here... there is a segment of these fans of AEW who were older Ring of Honor fans. They still hold a grudge over TNA making guys not work Ring of Honor then in early 2000's after a situation emerged. Remember how the old ROH fans would chant f-ck TNA during shows ? Well that is a base of what Khan has here.

Its impressive Jarrett still gets heel heat for title reigns he had nearly 20 years ago. That is impressive to see. This is how good a heel he really is.

Time for Conspiracy deal...and we'll I'm not sold on this one. But it's too crazy to ignore.

-

- The Big talk still is CM Punk and Elite. The whole ...Punk and Khan fighting over his release and rumors of lawsuit...etc.

- So your thinking that everyone would try to ignore the situation right ? Yet...there seems to be a growing deal where the talent and Elite aren't doing this. And if there was legal situations at play a smart owner would say CAN THE SH-T because I got a guy who loves to fight in court and will not back down. Yet...we haven't seen that.

- To drive this home the Elite shot a vlog with F--ck Punk stuff in it. On Wednesday Omega delivered a GTS in Chicago. All while MJF homages Punk and says his lines etc.

- In all ...this is a weird way to get past it all as Omega told fans online. Like...your saying this then your later having guys like Jungle Boy do a press that was like Punks.

-
    - Part of me is like...could this be a huge elaborate work even better than MJF ? That the angle in 2023 will see heel Punk align with Max and start a heel group here ?

- FTR are unhappy due to not being booked. So a group with MJF , Punk , and FTR vs the Elite with Hangman....would be a nice epic type program.

Again...its a weird Conspiracy theory.

This is how Thanksgiving went in the Mysterio house

https://vxtwitter.com/theenemiespe3/...07wOCqmfX5g7DA

This is how Thanksgiving went in the Mysterio house

https://vxtwitter.com/theenemiespe3/...07wOCqmfX5g7DA
    Now this was an Attitude Era type spot. I did like Rey adjusts the mask as he comes to the door.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Now this was an Attitude Era type spot. I did like Rey adjusts the mask as he comes to the door.
    I thought that was a nice touch, too.
    Watching television is not an activity.