Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 910
  1. #391
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,047

    Default

    According to a report Bad Bunny has the top selling merch in the company. He's the HOT deal it seems and I'm sure he'll have a big match at Wrestlemania tag team wise or singles for that reason.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  2. #392
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    According to a report Bad Bunny has the top selling merch in the company. He's the HOT deal it seems and I'm sure he'll have a big match at Wrestlemania tag team wise or singles for that reason.
    He's clearly feuding with Miz, who weirdly has the title right now.

    So either they really are going to do Miz vs. Bad Bunny for the title.

    Or Miz has to lose the title before Mania and then do a tag match with Morrison/Priest at Mania.

  3. #393
    Mighty Member Iron_Legion87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,837

    Default

    Nothing against Bad Bunny, I understand and respect that he is a popular artist. But him selling a lot of merch shouldn’t put him in a universal title match at Wrestlemania. Bad Bunny isn’t a trained wrestler and even if he is practicing at the performance center, the match isn’t going to be great. If it does indeed happen, Miz and most likely Damien Priest would have to carry a large majority match. This would also be a slap in the face to all the talented and under used guys like Cesaro. An untrained music artist gets a high profile spot at Mania and they either on the pre show or not on the card at all.

    People give Goldberg and Brock crap for being part timers getting title shots, but I would rather have them than this. Again, I like Bad Bunny, but it’s just not a good idea in my book.

  4. #394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Nothing against Bad Bunny, I understand and respect that he is a popular artist. But him selling a lot of merch shouldn’t put him in a universal title match at Wrestlemania. Bad Bunny isn’t a trained wrestler and even if he is practicing at the performance center, the match isn’t going to be great. If it does indeed happen, Miz and most likely Damien Priest would have to carry a large majority match. This would also be a slap in the face to all the talented and under used guys like Cesaro. An untrained music artist gets a high profile spot at Mania and they either on the pre show or not on the card at all.

    People give Goldberg and Brock crap for being part timers getting title shots, but I would rather have them than this. Again, I like Bad Bunny, but it’s just not a good idea in my book.
    Lawrence Taylor main-evented a Wrestlemania.

    That's all I have to say about that.
    Last Read: Vinland Saga vol. 8

    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Catwoman, Batman/Superman, Daredevil, The Flash, Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon Legion of Superheroes, Runaways, Strange Adventures, Superman

  5. #395
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    I would say there's a 95% chance Miz loses the title before Wrestlemania and his match with Bad Bunny moves into "celebrity spot". But it still gets a high profile slot.

    With Wrestlemania being two nights, there's now two chances to be in the main event.

    Edge-Reigns is almost assuredly a lock for one of those nights.

    You would have to think that the first night would be a women's match. (Likely Sasha/Bianca, but this new Charlotte storyline is getting lots of screen time)

    But Bad Bunny's reach is also insane and also drawing a crazy number of viewers to WWE right now. His clip of him slapping Miz got like 5 million views just overnight. He could actually get main event night 1 even though it's not for the title. At this point, I can't see him not getting a marquee slot at Mania--he's the biggest celebrity that WWE might have ever had (while they were still at peak popularity) in decades.

  6. #396
    Mighty Member Iron_Legion87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I would say there's a 95% chance Miz loses the title before Wrestlemania and his match with Bad Bunny moves into "celebrity spot". But it still gets a high profile slot.

    With Wrestlemania being two nights, there's now two chances to be in the main event.

    Edge-Reigns is almost assuredly a lock for one of those nights.

    You would have to think that the first night would be a women's match. (Likely Sasha/Bianca, but this new Charlotte storyline is getting lots of screen time)

    But Bad Bunny's reach is also insane and also drawing a crazy number of viewers to WWE right now. His clip of him slapping Miz got like 5 million views just overnight. He could actually get main event night 1 even though it's not for the title. At this point, I can't see him not getting a marquee slot at Mania--he's the biggest celebrity that WWE might have ever had (while they were still at peak popularity) in decades.
    Yea as long as Bad Bunny is getting WWE views and selling merch like crazy, they are going to keep him on TV as much as possible. But honesty, WWE is gonna push bad bunny so hard that audiences will eventually get tired of him. It's their trademark, milk something that is popular or main stream until it' dies. Examples would be Titus sliding under the ring, Fandango dance the crowd made popular etc. Also with Bow Wow seemingly coming to WWE soon, the celebrity spots are going to keep coming. I am interested to see where it all goes but it shouldn't come at the expense of talented folks suck in limbo.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 02-23-2021 at 11:17 AM.

  7. #397
    Incredible Member chachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    999

    Default

    it will be Bad Bunny and Priest vs Miz and Morrison in some type of gimmick match, I am sure. Lashley will have the title as soon as next week, depending on how long the E wants to drag out the chicken shit heel gimmick with the Miz.

  8. #398
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,293

    Default

    So it's miz vs lashley vs drew and roman reigns vs edge at WM?

  9. #399
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So it's miz vs lashley vs drew and roman reigns vs edge at WM?
    Definitely Edge vs Roman, the other one is still up in the air

  10. #400
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    So with Lashley seemingly moving on from the US title and now is primed to go big game (WWE title) hunting come Wrestlemania, could this be the opportunity for Vince to put Keith Lee in the Hurt Business to go reclaim the US title? A Heel Lee along side a champion Lashley before Wrestlemania would make things look bleak for Drew prior to Wrestlemania which is how Vince likes it. OR he might save the Hurt Business with all the Raw gold for Wrestlemania itself, maybe staring down Roman, Jey and the Dirty Dogs (SD tag champs) as it goes off the air (send everyone home sad, lol). Keith Lee would make for a great heel, he already has the air of arrogance maybe MVP can get him over like he has Sheldon and Cedric and Bobby. MVP is the new Paul E. or dare I say Bobby the Brain.

  11. #401
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,435

    Default

    I hope that the Hurt Business remains strong when Bobby wins the title and don't get reduced to being fodder.

  12. #402
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    7,579

    Default

    So Big Show has moved to AEW.

    That's interesting. Big Show has been with WWE for so long, I just assumed he'd retire with them.
    Black Lives Matter.

  13. #403
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    7,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I hope that the Hurt Business remains strong when Bobby wins the title and don't get reduced to being fodder.
    Exactly.

    Those guys can work can really work and aren't really built like "job guys".
    Black Lives Matter.

  14. #404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    So Big Show has moved to AEW.

    That's interesting. Big Show has been with WWE for so long, I just assumed he'd retire with them.
    $20 says he joins the Nightmare Family as Cody's muscle against Shaq.
    Last Read: Vinland Saga vol. 8

    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Catwoman, Batman/Superman, Daredevil, The Flash, Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon Legion of Superheroes, Runaways, Strange Adventures, Superman

  15. #405
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    11,488

    Default

    I thought Paul was being brought in as a production assistant/agent/guest commentator?

    EDIT:
    Variety (!) is reporting he signed a talent deal as commentator and several matches a year, more if Paul likes the story.

    He requested to work Dark as commentator and wants to put over the younger and new people.

    SECOND EDIT:
    Somebody in WWE has applied for an "ALL ELDERLY WRESTLING" trademark.

    It has begun ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-24-2021 at 11:04 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •