Page 187 of 902 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 13529

for some reason, I had a good laugh during Smackdown, when Hit Row was celebrating beating 2 jobbers. The highlights of the night was seeing Xavier Woods coronation ceremony and Lesnar killing Adam Pierce!

andrade vs pac was awesome.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    ATTN: grappling lovers, daniel garcia vs jonathan gresham is going down at the next pwg show nov 21st!!
    also garcia had a damn good match against alex shelley in beyond wrestling.
    sounds great
    andrade vs pac was awesome.
    2 former nxt champions as well
    https://twitter.com/IRISHWRESTLING8/...05201405464579
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-23-2021 at 12:27 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Hope he beats it.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Hope he beats it.
    yes indeed
    #BoundForGlory
    violence vs pure night tonight on roh saturday night 10 23 2021
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Deppen vs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhett_Titus

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/stat...39508483575815 oh there it is
    now Brody King & Chris Dickinson vs. Jonathan Gresham & Tracy Williams
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-24-2021 at 12:09 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

god damn impact, they really know how to fuk up a good story. some things will never change i guess.

god damn impact, they really know how to fuk up a good story. some things will never change i guess.
    What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What are you talking about?
    At BFG last night, Josh Alexander beat Christian Cage to win the Impact Wrestling world championship. As he was celebrating with his wife and kid, Moose, who won the Call Your Shot Gauntlet battle royal earlier in the show that granted him a title shot he could cash in at any time, speared Josh in front of them and cashed in his title shot and beat him for the title. A very dastardly heel move from Moose and drew monster heat. Honestly, I thought it was a good way to kick start a Moose/Josh Alexander feud which has the potential to be very good and probably lead to a series of great between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    At BFG last night, Josh Alexander beat Christian Cage to win the Impact Wrestling world championship. As he was celebrating with his wife and kid, Moose, who won the Call Your Shot Gauntlet battle royal earlier in the show that granted him a title shot he could cash in at any time, speared Josh in front of them and cashed in his title shot and beat him for the title. A very dastardly heel move from Moose and drew monster heat. Honestly, I thought it was a good way to kick start a Moose/Josh Alexander feud which has the potential to be very good and probably lead to a series of great between the two.
    That lol. Moose finally winning the title was the happy ending for me.

Astonishing Member

I loved that! I thought it was extremely well done.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

That lol. Moose finally winning the title was the happy ending for me.

That to me sums up the Tommy Dreamer/Taz/Justin Credible moment from ECW years ago. Dreamer had defeated Taz , but Tommy never wanted the title. He in fact said he wanted to be Jake Roberts in essence and never have won a major singles title and just was the guy the upcoming heels feuded with to become stars.

For those who don't remember (and since the WWE ECW DVD stopped history wise at this point years ago) --- Mike Awesome had pretty much screwed the company by signing with WCW in an underhanded way. Bischoff was gonna have Awesome throw the title in trash like he had the WWF Women's title years earlier. Heyman moved quick (his dad is a lawyer) and got a nice settlement from WCW and warned them if they do that with ECW World title they'd go after them. Bischoff only let Awesome use the belt to lay someone out.

Now as part of the settlement Awesome was to show up at ECW for one last show and drop the belt to someone. Dreamer didn't want it , Rob Van Dam was out with a leg injury and Heyman decided to call in a favor who had Taz win. (Vince realized later he shouldn't have booked Taz to lose non-title matches in the month before as Paul was gonna start building new main event stars)

Dreamer beat Taz and held the title for less than a minute as out came....Justin Credible ! He challenged Dreamer right there who....lost the belt to him.

Now of course people were PISSED then. They would spend time blasting Heyman for pushing Credible as he did. Because they didn't really get Paul was rebuilding a new Main Event scene in ECW. One that saw him having to push Credible Lynn and Corino into the main events in 2000/2001.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Super, I'm curious, what are your thoughts on Punk's AEW run so far? How much longer you think Punk can stretch the "happy to be here" routine before he starts getting into actual programs with people?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Super, I'm curious, what are your thoughts on Punk's AEW run so far? How much longer you think Punk can stretch the "happy to be here" routine before he starts getting into actual programs with people?
    I haven't followed since the massive ball drop after Team Taz debacle. On the FB page even a number of posters made fun of that idea and having Punk face Hobbs. Garcia was a solid match and I applaud that one. Its just ...AEW had a guy who could do major $$$ and they then have done ...this.

I said it months ago , Punk was the A+ primo star they had wanted since launch and was like their version of Hulk Hogan coming in. They sold a big PPV with that as we saw. Its just all they had to do was book Punk in solid programs and go from there. They had Omega openly seem unhappy when Punk came out 2+ months ago (he made a face with Bucks) and then....NEVER HAVE LET THEM INTERACT last I saw.

They haven't book anyone in a major program after Darby either to Punk so its like...they signed this sought after guy for years and then proceeded to drop the ball. Its like Bret Hart in WCW. Bischoff signed Bret and gave him this big money. Was more about getting Bret Hart and then for a year it seems never booked Bret Hart in a main event scene or made his signing worth it. (Bret Hart did have an ok feud with Flair in 1998 but that was early 1998)

AEW is falling into the trap that WCW had. Yes its great to see all this talent jumping to AEW. But with few big roster/PPV spots program wise...its a struggle to get them all used. Punk is having this issue now. The fact AEW is in talks with Braun and soon Bray Wyatt....jeeze.

So yeah...the "happy to be here" has worn thin. Punk should have been programmed against MJF or God's Chosen Champion right now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

People are ticked at the Moose/Alexander thing but I'm more annoyed by the Knockouts title outcome.

I'm good with it. He was out of the business for a while. He's clearly not back at the level of AEW main event wrestlers yet. This allows him to do what he can still do great (cut promos), give a little bigger spotlight on some midcard guys, and work off the ring rust with them without looking like he's "lost it" in ring with people like Omega, Danielson and the likes.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans