Page 332 of 902 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432832 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Freddie Prince Jr wants to start a wrestling promotion

https://mobile.twitter.com/WrestlePu...25228770451456
    He got WWE noticed as more "legit" writing wise when he wrote some scripts for them (the Hardy/Punk feud, his push for tag teams in the 2010s, the Jericho/HBK feud etc.) Then Vince had to start tearing up each RAW script hours before it aired. That man is his own worst enemy ...

Biggest piece of news I heard was on the Hollywood Reporter (yes that one) podcast citing he was granted application for SAG rights for the cast and crew.

AEW should be fine with this because they are semi pro union but WWE is going to catch flack if he gets this off the ground. Makes me think the people that leave Freddie's promotion will end up with representation if they go elsewhere.

Macaulay Culkin is also backing it with money. You guys should check out a recent interview he did on his podcast. Sounds like he wants NWA meets WOW.

He's good friends with Sheamus and several of the men and women recently released.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-05-2022 at 07:10 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    You think W. Morrissey was jobing?
    yeah, that's what i remember anyways. did you see something i didn't??

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I was totally unfamiliar with W. Morrissey before this AEW debut (but I just read his wikipedia some right now), but wow, he kinda surprised me. Great look (like Sid always had), and he could really move some. W. Morrissey benefitted big time from this loss, reading some in WWE were messaging about how good he looked in that match.

Wardlow was helped, W. Morrissey helped, a win-win for both. That's what wrestling is supposed to be about, heels and faces, winners and losers, benefitting mutually from matches.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-06-2022 at 07:34 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Morrisey had a decent run in Impact which helped him as he's made his return. Last I heard he was on a per night deal there as his contract expired.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I was totally unfamiliar with W. Morrissey before this AEW debut (but I just read his wikipedia some right now), but wow, he kinda surprised me. Great look (like Sid always had), and he could really move some. W. Morrissey benefitted big time from this loss, reading some in WWE were messaging about how good he looked in that match.

Wardlow was helped, W. Morrissey helped, a win-win for both. That's what wrestling is supposed to be about, heels and faces, winners and losers, benefitting mutually from matches.
    benefited everybody but impact, but if he's not under contract with them i guess they had no say in it anyways.

the prowrestling channel on pluto tv was showing jon moxley on their current stars series, all CZW matches. gage, devon moore, younger, and homicide were the opponents.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Malcolm Bivens addressed some of the rumors in his stand up set

https://twitter.com/Malcolmvelli/sta...15764938891269

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    yeah, that's what i remember anyways. did you see something i didn't??
    It just didn't seem like jobbing to me sure he lost but he didn't look bad it wasn't koffy vs Brock or anything

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It just didn't seem like jobbing to me sure he lost but he didn't look bad it wasn't koffy vs Brock or anything
    Koffy? Oh, you meant Kofi. Was that a typo, or auto-correct?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Koffy? Oh, you meant Kofi. Was that a typo, or auto-correct?
    Auto fill sorry lol

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He got WWE noticed as more "legit" writing wise when he wrote some scripts for them (the Hardy/Punk feud, his push for tag teams in the 2010s, the Jericho/HBK feud etc.) Then Vince had to start tearing up each RAW script hours before it aired. That man is his own worst enemy ...

Biggest piece of news I heard was on the Hollywood Reporter (yes that one) podcast citing he was granted application for SAG rights for the cast and crew.

AEW should be fine with this because they are semi pro union but WWE is going to catch flack if he gets this off the ground. Makes me think the people that leave Freddie's promotion will end up with representation if they go elsewhere.

Macaulay Culkin is also backing it with money. You guys should check out a recent interview he did on his podcast. Sounds like he wants NWA meets WOW.

He's good friends with Sheamus and several of the men and women recently released.
    That sounds great but my concern is that there being too many wrestling promotions. We got WWE, AEW, Impact, New Japan, and CYN ( Braun Strowman's promotion), and now this potential one. I am a causal wrestling fan but I am limited on how much wrestling I can watch before I flip the channel to something else. But more promotions means more chances for up and coming and released wrestlers to find work.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    That sounds great but my concern is that there being too many wrestling promotions. We got WWE, AEW, Impact, New Japan, and CYN ( Braun Strowman's promotion), and now this potential one. I am a causal wrestling fan but I am limited on how much wrestling I can watch before I flip the channel to something else. But more promotions means more chances for up and coming and released wrestlers to find work.
    We also have NWA , MLW , ROH (once it comes back)....
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I think that bolded fact is ultimately much more important than having a limited number of dominant promotions - especially given the current media landscape, where content is king and maintaining an actual entertainment monopoly is practically impossible. Even Disney has to stay sharp to compete with the average customers desire to just surf the web. The wrestling market is far healthier when up-and-coming stars have multiple promotions to try and stand-out on, because them building their brand and "getting over" on their own is far more important to the market and promotions than any one show's booking system.

I genuinely think that if Fox or someone did purchase WWE and did a true analysis of the market place and bets practices, they'd realize that maintaining a top position among top promotions on a larger landscape is far better than being the only top promotion on a smaller landscape; one company would be overstrained to run the necessary amount of "farm league" developmental promotions to maximize the quality of talent and the market place. They wouldn't want to drive AEW out of business, they'd just want to remain more profitable.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    We also have NWA , MLW , ROH (once it comes back)....
    Don't forget about AAA GCW defy and now terminus

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Tony Khan is savage. He called Impact the zombie of WCW

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/sta...ddOKRWICQ&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Tony Khan is savage. He called Impact the zombie of WCW

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/sta...ddOKRWICQ&s=19
    A few people had to clarify that He was referring to the First year of Impact Wrestling