Page 579 of 902 FirstFirst ... 79479529569575576577578579580581582583589629679 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

can't blame her all things considered. with what she's been through i'd keep a pistol on me too.
    I have to ask what was the valet doing searching her car. That's not their job.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Stevie Richards seems to be in bad shape now. Last week a photo of him in hospital on a walker was shown. He's having neck n back issues from a report. Hate to see the King of Swing and Dancing Machine in that shape.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Lol, much as I empathize with Bret and Austin (and I LOVE Bret and Steve) refusing to do these particular jobs, if we admit this unwritten rule exists and is legit (to put over talent on the way out, or drop a title in a match just how the promoter books it & wants it on the way out), then Bret and Austin, no matter their perceived righteousness or not, violated this rule.
    just because super says some shit doesn't make it a hard rule in my book. in fact i'd wager he picks and chooses how and to whom this rule applies.

NOTE: I've read and watched and heard it all about the Montreal Screwjob, but it's he said, she said, I will never be too certain whether Bret's account or Vince's account (or HBK's account) is perfectly fair and accurate.

in a case of he said she said i would place very little stock in the word of either vince or hbk.

And it's arguably not unfair for Vince to not care what HBK may have said to Bret about refusing to lose to Bret, that Vince felt Bret owed him personally that loss to Shawn.
    yes very arguably when considering bret did vince a huge favor by opting of a contract vince couldn't afford. arguably it wouldn't be unfair to say bret didn't owe vince anything after that.

all that notwithstanding bret refused to put over one guy(that he'd already put over before) under very particular circumstances to his situation. that shouldn't make him the posterboy for guys who don't want to do business the right way when leaving. i mean hbk had to threatened with violence because he didn't want to do business even though he was supposedly crippled and had no personal issues with stone cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I have to ask what was the valet doing searching her car. That's not their job.
    agreed. i wonder if she might be able to sue.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Actually Austin left twice on short notice with no plans he was gonna leave the company then. His 2nd time was when the company booked him to lose to Jonathan Coachman at a PPV.

In retrospect both losses look stupid to do for different reasons. Losing to Brock is great and it makes to have Steve Austin do it at a PPV. If he's going to leave...great move.

If it's done as a nothing match put on RAW with no build...then no.

In Coachmans case you have to question the wisdom of this one. Steve Austin is one of your top stars. Sure he's not the #1 guy anymore but he sells tickets etc.

Why are you making him lose to an announcer ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

just because super says some shit doesn't make it a hard rule in my book. in fact i'd wager he picks and chooses how and to whom this rule applies.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Actually Austin left twice on short notice with no plans he was gonna leave the company then. His 2nd time was when the company booked him to lose to Jonathan Coachman at a PPV.

In retrospect both losses look stupid to do for different reasons. Losing to Brock is great and it makes to have Steve Austin do it at a PPV. If he's going to leave...great move.

If it's done as a nothing match put on RAW with no build...then no.

In Coachmans case you have to question the wisdom of this one. Steve Austin is one of your top stars. Sure he's not the #1 guy anymore but he sells tickets etc.

Why are you making him lose to an announcer ?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    We have to remember Steve Austin had no issue losing to Brock Lesnar and really his exit wasn't planned then. As Austin detailed he was told Brock would beat him clean in a nothing match on RAW. Steve was like....hold the phone here. I'm a PPV main event guy. Brock should meet me there and I lose there. Not in a no build match.
    Actually, Austin probably violated an unwritten rule even way bigger than any unwritten rules regarding exiting wrestlers: Austin deliberately no-showed a booked and promoted match.

yes very arguably when considering bret did vince a huge favor by opting of a contract vince couldn't afford. arguably it wouldn't be unfair to say bret didn't owe vince anything after that.
    You may, possibly, have a good point here. But we might still be unclear about the details of Bret's contract & the contract law environment around it at the time, it's possible or even very much more probable Bret just didn't want a legal litigation cloud to keep from working for any promotion. Probably a more mutual favor than anything. Vince let Bret off (so Bret didn't have to not wrestle while the case slowly worked thru the courts), and Bret let Vince off (Bret could have taken the case to court).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-03-2023 at 07:02 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

You may, possibly, have a good point here. But we might still be unclear about the details of Bret's contract & the contract law environment around it at the time, it's possible or even very much more probable Bret just didn't want a legal litigation cloud to keep from working for any promotion. Probably a more mutual favor than anything. Vince let Bret off (so Bret didn't have to not wrestle while the case slowly worked thru the courts), and Bret let Vince off (Bret could have taken the case to court).
    possibly, but i think it must be recognized that "mutual" does NOT mean equal. the consequences for bret wouldn't have catastrophic like they would have for been vince.

but again all that notwithstanding bret refused to put over one guy(that he'd already put over before) under very particular circumstances to his situation. that shouldn't make him the posterboy for guys who don't want to do business the right way when leaving. i mean hbk had to be threatened with violence because he didn't want to do business even though he was supposedly crippled and had no personal issues with stone cold.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Bryan Danielson said that Jade Cargill express interest in working Japan and doing a tour to improve.

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/sta...00wUw8DiQ&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Bryan Danielson said that Jade Cargill express interest in working Japan and doing a tour to improve.

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/sta...00wUw8DiQ&s=19
    His fuller comments show even more sense to his perspective: (excerpt)
    Danielson: I had to learn wrestling. The physical act of wrestling came very easily to me, and the understanding of putting together matches and stuff. I had some great people that I worked with. The hard part was the performance aspect of being a star. [Jade] already has the star aspect of it, so for her, it’s catching up on the wrestling aspect of it. And I think she’s done a very good job with that, especially given the circumstances; it’s not like she’s getting to wrestle even 10 matches a month. She’s getting to wrestle at most, what, two matches a month. It’s hard to get better at the wrestling stuff when you’re wrestling so infrequently.
    https://411mania.com/wrestling/bryan...aew-wrestlers/

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

His fuller comments show even more sense to his perspective: (excerpt)

https://411mania.com/wrestling/bryan...aew-wrestlers/
    It's crazy that it's taken them what? a couple of years to even think of sending her somewhere else to train.

Honky Tonk Man, Piper, and Flair come to mind for being the worst at putting people over.

Austin refused to put Lesnar over in a cold match (why not a PPV was his argument), Gunn, and Hunter over.

Hart literally only has refusing to job to HBK on his resume. He offered to job to damn near anybody.

Hogan and HBK had about the same number of refusals but nothing holds a candle to HTM, Piper, and Flair.

Bruno was actually worse than Hogan and HBK for putting people over.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    It's crazy that it's taken them what? a couple of years to even think of sending her somewhere else to train.
    TBF there was a pandemic that interrupted her indie circuit.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Honky Tonk Man, Piper, and Flair come to mind for being the worst at putting people over.
    Probably agree (though Flair put over a lot of people one way or another over time). Piper's issues with putting over Hogan and others.
    I loved Honky Tonk Man growing up, but I can now see why Vince showed him little mercy, bookingwise, after his IC reign since he refused prior to drop the IC title to Savage on SNME and etc (Honky claims he refused to change gimmicks after that SNME match, which actually I'm glad Honky refused that, if Honky is correct about that and I do have doubts on Honky's credibility since he constantly complains like a blowhard).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-03-2023 at 01:34 PM.

Fantastic Member

Are Tag-Team Brackets tournaments more fun if FTR is the ones making the brackets?

https://twitter.com/ftrwithdax/statu...69064626995200

I will just say that a doctor better be around for some of these matchups. Dudleyz/Koloffs & Miracle Violence Connection/Muto & Hase? The ring mat will be covered in blood.