Page 1 of 902 123451151101501 ... LastLast

Default Pro Wrestling! (For Everything WWE, Impact, Indies, AEW, & Japan !) 2021

Last thread was getting a little long in the tooth, so to prevent issues with forum crashing that had previously stemmed from really long threads, wrestling is starting fresh and new for 2021.

Post away!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Okay...question I’ve wanted to ask since forever.

Who wins a match, The Wild Samoans, 3 time WWF Tag Team Champions, or The Usos, 6 time WWE Tag Team Champions?
    Both teams in their primes. How would this go?

Astonishing Member

RIP Old Pro Wrestling Thread

After 67 views I’m gonna guess no one cares who wins that match up.

Thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Who wins a match, The Wild Samoans, 3 time WWF Tag Team Champions, or The Usos, 6 time WWE Tag Team Champions?
    Wow. That would be an intra-family fight, as the Wild Samoans are the Usos' uncles. But maybe we should petition for the Wild Samoans to be downloadable characters for the next WWE video game. Then we could at least have a simulation of such a match.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Last thread was getting a little long in the tooth, so to prevent issues with forum crashing that had previously stemmed from really long threads, wrestling is starting fresh and new for 2021.

Post away!
    One request since your a mod , can you edit in AEW into thread title here ? When the last thread was made 2+ years ago AEW didn't exist and its now the 2nd national promotion next to WWE.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

i say the Head*******rs via samoan drop.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-02-2021 at 01:18 AM.

Mighty Member

Default Smackdown 01012021

"Smackdown" (January 1) was a mixed bag. No singularly bad moment,bit nothing really jumped out at me. (The "Brody" armbands on some of the wrestlers were a nice touch.).

-late edit 01032020:
    Street Profits v/s Ziggler and Rood
    The pre-match was entertaining. (Sort of curious about the rest of Ford's and Dawkins' predictions. The match, and angle as a whole, are the sort of thing where I don't care about who holds the belts so long as the contests are fun.

Langston and Apollo v/s Corbin and Zayn was a fun match unto itself. But, the pre-match recap really highlighted by how truncated Langston's win from last week actually was. (WWE had spent the better part of a year beating up on Langston,and the payoff should have been more substantial.) Apollo reminds me of the Undertaker, being an odd combination of size, speed and grace. (Amusingly, Big E was one of the smaller guys in the ring.)

I liked the first women's tag match more than I expected. Banks, Belair and Bayley can make me like something with Carmella. (What is the deal with Carmella's assistant? Does WWE have a plan for him?)

The Riot Squad v/s Natalya and Tamina was fun. Bad guys lost the match,but definitely got a chance to shine. (I really want to see Billie K in a match against Bianca Belair.) Good mix of moves and in-ring antics, which is what wrestling's should be.

Daniel Bryan and Otis v/s Cesaro and Nakamura was not bad,but did not live up to my expectation. (To be fair, those were high.) Not sure why Gable is a manager, rather than a wrestler. Just hoping that "hips" does not become a thing.

Owens v/s Uso was a good match. Owens wrestled like a heel, but with a purpose. The real weakness is the over use of cinematics. In this case, we are not only shown Roman and Heyman reacting, but the vignettes make us question their intelligence. (Did Roman really need Heyman to tell him that Adam Pierce booked the match,when we all just saw it happen in another vignette?)
    Last edited by CentralPower; 01-03-2021 at 10:37 AM.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Fantastic Member

Really sucks as i had E pegged as the guy to end Roman, but seems like he got relegated to IC champ level. Am happy for D Bry though

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    Really sucks as i had E pegged as the guy to end Roman, but seems like he got relegated to IC champ level. Am happy for D Bry though
    It will be Rollins, unless the E brings back a face Lesnar to face Roman for the love of Heyman match.

"For the Love of Hayman." Isn't that a new sitcom on the WWE Network?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So in a funny deal where I'm looking at moments of 1997 , the infamous Jeff Jarrett shoot interview came up.

- Basically Jarrett was signed back by the WWF then and told by Vince Russo to go out and do a big shoot style promo in ring. Where he was told to go out and shoot on Eric Bischoff , Vince McMahon , Bret Hart , Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin. The idea was to make Jarrett come in as a top serious heel who could slide into main event scene since the WWF was needing top stars for the company.

- Jarrett ripped Bischoff , then went in on Vince and his being a joke who dressed him up as a fool to lip sync and paired him with a clown and a guy who couldn't speak the English language (Vince tried playing it off silly but was ruining promo because he should have been serious really) . After that he mocked Bret Hart as WAS being a great worker at one time. Then went in on Shawn who he claimed spent more time acting like a fool pointing at his crotch and barely back in ring cause he was hurt a lot (a play on losing his smile etc). Austin was last as he claimed Stone Cold all he could say was ass and using a anti-religious catchphrase.

- Jarrett went to the back and Austin was pissed at this. According to people he met Jarrett at guerilla position and was not happy over shoot promo angry at Russo and Jarrett. Pretty much putting a kibosh on Jarrett coming in as this serious heel and within weeks he came back in with cowboy hat and more. (this would last til 1998 or 1999)

- Jim Cornette in his podcast brought up some backstory on it as he was there. Its true this happened. But there was a lot more to it. Austin was still angry about the whole USWA run where Jerry Jarrett ran the company and Steve was making $250 a week at time. Living on potatoes more or less struggling. Jeff being young walked by and told Austin (which was wrong to do really) to keep looking at it , that it wouldn't make the check bigger. Austin would hold that against Jarrett for years after.

- Bruce Prichard also brought up that Austin had nixed working a singles match on a RAW against Billy Gunn in 1999. That Austin was coming off the Undertaker program and wanted a storyline reason why he'd face Billy Gunn in a one off. Because Billy wasn't at his level and he didn't wanna go down for it. Jeff Jarrett was in same position as well and Austin wasn't gonna do it. Now if Jeff became a World champion and be what he was later ...Austin likely would have done it. But he wasn't gonna work down the card against non main event stars. A fact Vince McMahon deemed it that Austin was special and he wouldn't.

- Cornette however claims it was Vince Russo who told Jeff he'd get a run against Austin. Which is weird since its not Russo who signed Jarrett or approved the shoot style promo as we'd see in ring on RAW. It was Vince McMahon. (me thinks Jim's anger at Russo may have him blaming Russo for this one when its more on McMahon then)

- As a comical end piece here ...Jarrett in 1999 had his contract expire as we all know. He was suddenly told he'd be putting over Chyna and as a bit of revenge Jeff decided to do what anyone would after being told he'd have to do this. As Cornette claims , Jeff told him this story...

At the arena that day Jim Ross told Jarrett he was gonna be dropping the IC Championship to Chyna. Jeff was very calm and said..."That is fine , but J.R ...to do that its gonna take $100,000."

Jim Ross was stunned and Jeff decided to go take a walk around the building. He then came back and was like , "J.R I changed my mind. Its gonna take $200,000 to do that." And they paid Jarrett this price !

Which is amazing to think about and the fact as Cornette claims years later he's in Hall of Fame and works as an agent for the company now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    (I really want to see Billie K in a match against Bianca Belair.)
    they have matches a few times before when bianca was on raw , seldon used on the main show but used exclusively every week on main event where she has wrestle billie kay , peyton royce , ruby riott, liv morgan etc, the queen of main event and was unbeaten.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ibushi is the new double champ.

I really hope they filmed KENTA/Mox at the US Dojo so we can get the belt off him and move on. I love Mox, but he's clearly prioritizing AEW over NJPW. They need to get the belt off him.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ibushi is the new double champ.
    For now. He still has to make it past Jay White.

Even if he doesn't, though, he'll always be in the record books as IWGP champion.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans