Page 139 of 902 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    FOX is paying more for Smackdown than USA is for RAW. Thus they get the Stars.
    NBC Universal owns USA, which just bought the WWE network for about the same amount that Fox deal was for, so they didn't pay that much more.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

Yeah, they really messed up Bianca and for no reason at all. This is exactly how WWE has been killing their stars for years now.

This is also why folks were so happy about the Punk return (contrary to opinions on this board, I will compare AEW to WWE because they are offering similar products and I don’t enjoy them equally). They gave him his time and will take his time working with other guys before he gets to the top of the cars. No stupid shenanigans, no swerve, nothing…it was just AEW giving fans what and Punk himself what they want.

Becky should have gone through some of the girls and had a big build up to facing Bianca (or whoever the champion was going to be). Hotshotting her back into the title picture makes everyone look bad and it hurts Becky too (it was this similar boneheaded booking that turned Daniel Bryan and Becky Lynch herself into fan favorites). It just comes back to what we’ve said a lot on these boards (and what guys like Cornette and Bischoff have echoed a number of times), WWE keeps trying so hard to control the narrative that they keep kayfabing themselves particularly in recent years.

All in all, it was a pretty terrible Summerslam. I only want to see Brock against Lashley but I won’t be surprised if they book Brock to squash Lashley within seconds or something equally dumb.

Incredible Member

cena seemed to have a bald patch on him where the hair is thining out. 10 years from now , he'll be wearing a bandana to cover his his baldness and be the new hulk hogan.

'what'choo gonna brother to cover that bald patch.'

Can Brock and GB just go away please.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    cena seemed to have a bald patch on him where the hair is thining out. 10 years from now , he'll be wearing a bandana to cover his his baldness and be the new hulk hogan.

'what'choo gonna brother to cover that bald patch.'

crickets......

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Peacock streaming deal for WWE Network is different than the TV deals. NBC Universal is paying Vince $1.3 billion for 5 years of RAW. Fox is also paying $1 billion for Smackdown.

It was joked then Vince could not ever worry about talent drawing money etc. Because those deals make sure the company isn't going anywhere.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Hype for Punk 1st match sure. Big blown $$$ for what we could have seen.
    didn't cost me a cent.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Omega has his hands full with Christian and collecting titles.

This isn't WWE where they abandon a hot storyline for a new shiny toy and then throw both away both.

AEW has been more successful doing their stuff their way. If Punk even wants a title run, I am sure it will happen organically. Trust their process. They have earned it.

It is not 80s or 90s. It is 2021. Maybe you, Corny, and the WWE should join us sometime. It is pretty fun. We are bonking all the cows on the way down the hill!

you know i guess i'll never understand the punk hype. i just don't fukn get it.

Also this was hours before Summerslam. As everyone favorite Jim Cornette discussed Punk...Last asked him .."What do you think Vince's reaction was ?"

Cornette said if someone showed it to him (which is best chance) Vince would likely do a..."Ahh sh-t." Knowing it was really good.

He joked Vince may fuss at Bruce over it if he's really taking it hard. Lol...

But its apparent someone in Creative saw the Punk return. They wanted to try and show a WWE talent returning after so long away and yet...just showed how badly it failed.

Jim and Last brought up a great thing with Punks return. It was so...organic. Like it was just this beautiful sweet moment. A fact that both praised the company for not gimmicking it up or anything.

Becky's return in clip I saw had none of that. It was a company trying to copy that same vibe , failing and then having their champion buried in quick fashion.

Vince needs to fire whoever came up with this. Because the company should not be trying to counter AEW like this. It comes across...pathetic.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    didn't cost me a cent.

you know i guess i'll never understand the punk hype. i just don't fukn get it.
    Good in ring worker , great mic worker who comes across...very brutally honest. Left at near top for 7 years and became a folk hero.

The Peacock streaming deal for WWE Network is different than the TV deals. NBC Universal is paying Vince $1.3 billion for 5 years of RAW. Fox is also paying $1 billion for Smackdown.

It was joked then Vince could not ever worry about talent drawing money etc. Because those deals make sure the company isn't going anywhere.
    Fox is paying 1 billion for smackdown? Seems a bit high for a wrestling show? What was UPN paying for it back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Fox is paying 1 billion for smackdown? Seems a bit high for a wrestling show? What was UPN paying for it back in the day?
    Once I get off work...ill research it. I know the Spike TV deal for RAW in 2000 was considered insane lol. Now we'd think ...man that was cheap I'm sure .

Astonishing Member

so the man comes back and pretty much screws bianca (who looked GREAT) and sasha?
    im still watching
    did seth get into jay whites closet? or maybe juice robinsons......edge wins the intro
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-22-2021 at 03:05 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

So I found a news article detailing what USA Network was paying for WWF rights in 1999. Also what Viacom paid in 2000....

USA Network was paying $5.5 million a year for RAW.

In 2000 Viacom paid $28+ million a year for RAW.

Wow...

Astonishing Member

So I found a news article detailing what USA Network was paying for WWF rights in 1999. Also what Viacom paid in 2000....

USA Network was paying $5.5 million a year for RAW.

In 2000 Viacom paid $28+ million a year for RAW.

Wow...
    wow indeed
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Now the average price per year of WWE RAW is ..$230+ million a year. So that is a hell of a leap to take in 20 years.