Page 105 of 902 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

In the real world, streaks end randomly all the time. It really depends what they do with it to me. It does make me slightly more interested in NXT just to see if they address Kross's loss. From what I understand, they don't like win streaks, it makes booking/storylines harder if the audience knows they can't lose. (They intentionally ended Mansoor's streak too once he was called up)

Ultimate Member

I know folks like Kross but I think he’s just ok.

He’s not “great” IMO. He’s good but the best things about him is that “stare” and that entrance.

I actually much preferred his pre-WWE stuff. I think he will get his win back against Hardy but as others have pointed out, he’s not Vince’s project so he might not get the monster push people expect.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

He’s not “great” IMO. He’s good but the best things about him is that “stare” and that entrance.
    Without the entrance he just like a normal guy. I feel like the decision to make him lose to Hardy wasn't done lightly and this is leading somewhere storyline standpoint wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Pretty sure that has more to do with COVID vaccination guidelines for MSG, which are pretty strict, over Arthur Ashe, which is a bit more lax since it's an outdoor court.
    That's the spin coming from WWE marks, as well. If that were really the case, then how would you explain WWE being outsold in FL and the other tour spots?

Fact of the matter is AEW still has the new car smell and WWE has been really, really stale. I'm sure WWE will pull their heads out of their butts before long. AEW doesn't have the ability to run long-term at this pace, IMHO. I don't really see this a "war" per se. Just competition. I don't recall Impact/TNA or ROH ever doing this. It was stated this is the largest non-WWE show since 1999. That is a HUGE deal for the future of wrestling, IMHO.

AEW outsold WWE in FL, too, on even playing ground recently. I think the NY selling loss has more to do with a) AEW being cheaper, and b) WWE not putting out an exciting product.

But NY is jabbing this win into WWE for some reason with the pressers and what not. It might be because it is a new business doing well in the state, people seem excited to go see AEW shows unlike WWE right now, and/or NY's vendetta on Vince for taking Super Show overseas when it was promised to MSG. Who really knows?

Personally, I hope it wakes up WWE and they start making it "must see entertainment" again. Because wrestling doesn't survive if there's another scorched earth war. I just want to see them push each other to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. WWE is fast-tracking Charlotte to at least equal, if not surpass her father's record 16 titles.
    That definitely seems to be the goal.
    “You can’t have Charlotte be a 17 time champ if she doesn’t lose it 16 times." -- WrestleTalk (I think)
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-20-2021 at 01:12 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    But NY is jabbing this win into WWE for some reason with the pressers and what not. It might be because it is a new business doing well in the state, people seem excited to go see AEW shows unlike WWE right now, and/or NY's vendetta on Vince for taking Super Show overseas when it was promised to MSG. Who really knows?
    It's because NY is WWE's home turf. New York was it's territory before becoming a national company and MSG is considered the company's home arena. For another wrestling company to succeed in the state or even surpass WWE is a big deal.

Astonishing Member

I actually much preferred his pre-WWE stuff. I think he will get his win back against Hardy but as others have pointed out, he’s not Vince’s project so he might not get the monster push people expect.
    yeah but Hardy's main job as of late is putting over up and coming talent. Sure Kross will get his get back but I have seen lots of guys getting the Hardy rub without taking the L to start the program. Kross being on Raw seems weird since they just initiated the Samoa Joe storyline if they were going to send him to Raw then have Joe cost Kross the title to Johnny, he can still have a blow off match with Joe but be on to other things. Now a not so interesting wrestler has a two front war with both Joe and Jeff Hardy.

Astonishing Member

As for Goldberg it would be a disgrace to Kofi if Goldberg lasts longer than Kofi did against the All Mighty Walking Armageddon Bobby Lashley. I have zero interest in the match and pray he doesn't hurt Bobby via a botch. IF it is just a squash to add to his rep then I want Hogan to be fed to him next. What better way to score some points for Hogan than doing the job to an African American world champion? I laugh as I typed that because the smart fans would be like of course Hogan has to lose that match but then wondering, will Hogan do the job??? I wouldn't be so sure myself.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    for the 427th week in a row - its Sheamus vs. Humberto!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So tonight on RAW

Keith Lee came back, and lost to Bobby Lashley to set up Goldberg

and Karrion Kross lost to Jeff Hardy.
    raw is just fukn horrible these days.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    In the real world, streaks end randomly all the time. It really depends what they do with it to me. It does make me slightly more interested in NXT just to see if they address Kross's loss. From what I understand, they don't like win streaks, it makes booking/storylines harder if the audience knows they can't lose. (They intentionally ended Mansoor's streak too once he was called up)
    that's one of the advantages wrestling has over the real world, in stead of being random they can carefully plan out how things are going to happen.

i enjoy him most when he's does more of a shoot style. i don't like when he's booked as a monster heel and wrestles that style, like his stuff in mexico for xample. the ending of the main event on nxt was weird.

Umm are you sure about that?

Extraordinary Member

Yeah Kross getting squashed was a bad move. He really did have legit total package, star quality. Not seeing how this can end up well. They did Keith Lee dirty too, Vince needs some type of intervention.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Umm are you sure about that?
    Yes.

Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    As for Goldberg it would be a disgrace to Kofi if Goldberg lasts longer than Kofi did against the All Mighty Walking Armageddon Bobby Lashley. I have zero interest in the match and pray he doesn't hurt Bobby via a botch. IF it is just a squash to add to his rep then I want Hogan to be fed to him next. What better way to score some points for Hogan than doing the job to an African American world champion? I laugh as I typed that because the smart fans would be like of course Hogan has to lose that match but then wondering, will Hogan do the job??? I wouldn't be so sure myself.
    Goldberg doesn't work matches that last more than 5 minutes. The guy gets gassed doing his entrance. The match will be finisher spam for a few minutes before Lashley kills him with a hurt lock.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Goldberg doesn't work matches that last more than 5 minutes. The guy gets gassed doing his entrance. The match will be finisher spam for a few minutes before Lashley kills him with a hurt lock.
    I never understood the appeal. Sure he has name recognition but so would anybody who got that long of an undefeated streak. Meng could have been just as big, lol. Hell Buff Bagwell could have if you let anyone win every match for an extended period of time but I never saw anything in Bill to make him deserving of such a push.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I never understood the appeal. Sure he has name recognition but so would anybody who got that long of an undefeated streak. Meng could have been just as big, lol. Hell Buff Bagwell could have if you let anyone win every match for an extended period of time but I never saw anything in Bill to make him deserving of such a push.
    He had the look. He looked like a guy who would steamroll through people and that's what they had him do.

Funnily enough his first competitive match was against Meng on WCW Saturday Night. Though I can't remember if that happened before or after his infamous match against Regal

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah Kross getting squashed was a bad move. He really did have legit total package, star quality. Not seeing how this can end up well. They did Keith Lee dirty too, Vince needs some type of intervention.
    Depending on Lee's health issues, he is probably going to fall down the card some until everything lines up again. No shame in losing to the Champ in a competitive match. (Putting up a tougher fight than the last #1 Contender) I kind of like the story they are telling with Lashley--now that he's focused he's incredibly tough to beat.