Page 85 of 902 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185585 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    The AEW tag team scene feels like it's worse off than it appears. No face team has any momentum and all the other heel teams aside from the Bucks and FTR seem to be tolling away on the Youtube shows or farting around being Matt Hardy's lemmings.

Personally, I think Tony Khan is a terrible booker who's botched just about every major angle AEW's ran over the last year(IC/Pinnacle, the Omega/Callis/Impact "partnership," Nightmare Family/Factory). Credit where credit's due, he's finally started somewhat rehabbing the damage they've done to Adam Page(need to finally have him ditch the Dark Order, though).
    i think pentagon & pac have some momentum and best friends would be easy enough to build in a couple of weeks if they wanted to.

anybody going to watch the impact ppv tonight??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-12-2021 at 05:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The AEW tag team scene feels like it's worse off than it appears. No face team has any momentum and all the other heel teams aside from the Bucks and FTR seem to be tolling away on the Youtube shows or farting around being Matt Hardy's lemmings.

Personally, I think Tony Khan is a terrible booker who's botched just about every major angle AEW's ran over the last year(IC/Pinnacle, the Omega/Callis/Impact "partnership," Nightmare Family/Factory). Credit where credit's due, he's finally started somewhat rehabbing the damage they've done to Adam Page(need to finally have him ditch the Dark Order, though).
    Yes, because having a character stop associating with the most over stable in your roster is great for their career.

Extraordinary Member

"How could you do that to your brother?" LOL. Roman and the Usos are the truth. Hopefully Rock can come back and put the exclamation point on this story. But honestly they're doing just fine without him.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i think pentagon & pac have some momentum and best friends would be easy enough to build in a couple of weeks if they wanted to.

anybody going to watch the impact ppv tonight??
    Normally I'd agree, but AEW seems enamored with flipping Penta between heel and face randomly lately. Actually do agree about Best Friends, but I've never gotten the feeling that AEW wants to be serious with them. Trent getting hurt after the street fight last year pretty much left them treading water seemingly forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Yes, because having a character stop associating with the most over stable in your roster is great for their career.
    1. Page was getting top-of-the-card reactions well before he started associating with them. He very much doesn't need them.

2. He did the same thing with the Elite back when Kenny and the Bucks were all still faces and the crowd still sided with him.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    "How could you do that to your brother?" LOL. Roman and the Usos are the truth. Hopefully Rock can come back and put the exclamation point on this story. But honestly they're doing just fine without him.
    God, Roman is such a manipulative ******* and it's amazing.

Extraordinary Member

Penta feels to me like he should just be “the sadistic ******* with a handful of standards and pride that sometimes work out for the better” as his alignment; as much as some people dislike a proliferation of tweeners, the Cero Mierdo gimmick is too applicable to both good heel and face work, and honestly…

…I think the perfect wrestling formula is getting a pair of wrestlers who the audience is literally torn on and almost at war with themselves over. The more it can resemble a genuinely engrossing real world sports rivalry on steroids, the better.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

My friend reviews the latest edition of AEW Dynamite -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

God, Roman is such a manipulative ******* and it's amazing.
    Yes haha. The Tribal Chief.

Incredible Member

great nxt main event but where does this leave karrion kross. He has beaten everyone in his path and there's no challenger left. they should include nxt in the survivor series , kross vs reigns vs lashley would be cool.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Dark Side of the Ring has been really good for the season. The last 2 episodes have been really dark with stories told of Grizzly Smith. A fact Cornette had to detail to people attacking those who worked with Smith in the 1970's and 80's then. Because as he pointed out...

- The business then wasn't like it was now. Where as you can find out who is married etc , then you couldn't. Back then not many likely knew Grizzly was married or if he had girlfriend etc. They met his kids but they didn't really know the inner workings of his home life then.

- Grizzly presented an image to the boys and people he knew. A fact that he was able to get Sam Houston out of trouble for drinking as we saw. No one knew the real Grizzly and even his one time daughter in law who rode with him didn't really put it together til way later. Cornette compared it to a Jeffrey Dahmer situation where none of his co-workers knew how bad he was.

Then we go to Dynamite Kid.

- Steroids and a back injury where he clearly should have retired is brought up. But he kept trying to stick around and return because its all he knew. That he let it cost him his family is the worst part. His ex-wife clearly loved him and he just couldn't straighten himself out.

This was Dynamite Kid's final match.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Is Kofi going heel? That might be cool? And get me interested in wwe again!
    Since the only storyline in wrestling that is popping right now is Roman Reigning in Smackdown, why not due the same thing over on Raw to Heyman's complaints of "swagger jacking"? Since there isn't the family dynamic what if Lashley is able to turn the New Day quicker than Roman is able to completely co-op the Uso's? The New Day as a powerful heel team, would allow RK-Bro to be a top face tag team as well. A rivalry over who is the overall better top champ, and which tag team is the tag team of this generation would be awesome because it couldn't be over done because they are on different brands but something that could build over time and ppvs where both factions are present but unable to face each other.

Astonishing Member

The Dynamite Kid dark side of the ring is particularly sad for me because it shows the parallel paths the two best representatives of my favorite style of in ring wrestling, Chris Benoit and the Dynamite Kid. It felt like the same story told twice up to a point, sure Benoit's ended worse the but similarities are striking. The DK was his idol and Chris followed his path on an even worse end but neither were happy stories.

Ultimate Member

WWE's booking is still wonky.

Roman Reigns is facing Mysterio in hell in a cell...after Mysterio there's practically no one else. Except they build back up someone like Nakamura or maybe go with Big E. Seth Rollins is also a heel so I don't see him facing Reigns anytime soon.

Lashley has pretty much only defended his title against Drew and apart from Orton and maybe Kofi, I don't see any other credible contenders on RAW.

Same with Kross in NXT, I guess he could face Kyle O'Reilly and Pete Dunne but I don't think any of these guys will take the strap off of Kross.

Sounds like Samoa Joe is already coming back to WWE per Triple H.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

From a continuity standpoint, we're supposed to pretend no one ever saw Piper Niven in the Mae Young Classic and are totally unaware of the NXT UK roster?

Incredible Member

probably had the most female singles matches on raw ever