Page 405 of 902 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415455505 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 13529
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Moxley could have suggested it...it takes the other guy to agree and do it. Lets be honest...if Punk did a Hogan here..."That doesn't work for me..brother.."

Khan would let Punk do what he would have wanted. Instead...Punk likes Moxley enough to work what we saw up. It takes 2 to tango out there. You need the power player (that being Punk) to work something like this.

So yes...I like Moxley. But jokes are Mox needs to stop bleeding every match as most seem to say this.
    Obviously Punk agreed to do it. As you rightly pointed out, it takes two to tango.

If Punk was as "problematic" as people have suggested he wouldn't have agreed and would have most likely walked away (at least according to "dirt sheets" he already refused to lose to people).

The truth about issues like these is always in the middle. Yes, Punk is an ******* (that's already been established) but he's obviously NOT that big of an ******* to refuse to lose to Mox.

A lot of people on social media are too "married" to narratives. I was seeing some guy on youtube suggest that Punk went into business for himself in the match....and I was like..seriously???

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Obviously Punk agreed to do it. As you rightly pointed out, it takes two to tango.

If Punk was as "problematic" as people have suggested he wouldn't have agreed and would have most likely walked away (at least according to "dirt sheets" he already refused to lose to people).

The truth about issues like these is always in the middle. Yes, Punk is an ******* (that's already been established) but he's obviously NOT that big of an ******* to refuse to lose to Mox.

A lot of people on social media are too "married" to narratives. I was seeing some guy on youtube suggest that Punk went into business for himself in the match....and I was like..seriously???
    Punk has that stigma due to walking out of WWE as we saw. That somehow he's an ass for that. But as I told one fan...Punk had a dangerous infection on his lower back misdiagnosed for months , was given wrong medication , forced to work with a sloppy guy who nearly hurt him at times , was never given a real fair shake due to a guys jealousy ( HHH) and was later sued by that company. So of course he'd be angry lol.

I saw people saying "This is punishment.." As well. Thinking that Punk is a mid or under card guy. Not realizing this was something both men worked up.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Punk agreed to the loss because he'd be protected via the foot injury and that would buy him Babyface heat at the PPV. Mox proposed working the foot for the PPV to really get the crowd going.

He's been boo'd the last 2 weeks. Just let him go heel ... This is terrible booking if the rematch ends clean.

It really sounds like Mox has the right idea and that this booking is going to lead to a heel turn. I hope so. Punk is so much better as a heel.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-25-2022 at 02:50 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The happy to be here Punk has grown stale so quick. He needs a change

It was Moxley's home town. Of course Punk got booed there. Its like Long Island where MJF is from.

I think this angle should have ran back in July honestly. You can have a month of Moxley taunting how he took out Punk then he learns...he plans to face him at the September PPV.

Again this company needs someone to help Khan book these angles. That to me is the biggest need is a veteran to sit with Khan and work up angles like this that can work...if you plot them well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

AEW is so good right now

Rosa was going to drop the title at All Out to Storm.

Now the chatter is Hayter will pin Baker.

I like that IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

I like that IMHO.
    Agreed 100%.

In talking about guys not getting along backstage ; Kid Kash was discussing Juventud Guerrera.

Kash brings up a PPV where Juvie as Cruiserweight Champion was to lose to him. That before they got to the venue Juvie was all excited about the match and plans for it.

Well they get there and the Juice is told he's gonna be dropping the title to Kash. Which as Kash joked ; Juvie turned white as a ghost.

He then comes over and tells Kash..."But Kash , how will the public accept me losing to you ?"

As Kash joked this was basically a near opening match. No one is gonna really care if he or Juvie won.

Hours pass as they try and plan this match. Backstage Benoit is watching this and he's not happy given how Juvie is acting.

"Kash...i want you to beat that motherf--- up tonight ! You heard me kick his f--- ass !!"

And Benoit repeated this several times. That Juvie was being disrespectful and was gonna tank the match.

Kash was worried he'd get in trouble. But he didn't realize Juvie's actions were ticking off the company.

So he legit goes out there and starts legit throwing shots once Juvie near slaps him in his private area. That if you watch its a stiff match. They met next night and Benoit ordered him to do it again to Juvie.

Eventually from what Kash claims the officials saw how Juvie was tanking the match at times and fired him.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It was Moxley's home town. Of course Punk got booed there. Its like Long Island where MJF is from.

I think this angle should have ran back in July honestly. You can have a month of Moxley taunting how he took out Punk then he learns...he plans to face him at the September PPV.

Again this company needs someone to help Khan book these angles. That to me is the biggest need is a veteran to sit with Khan and work up angles like this that can work...if you plot them well.
    Home state, not town. Moxley is from Cincinnati. The show was in Cleveland. They're not the same city. Ask any Browns or Bengals fan. That said, Punk is from Chicago and in Cleveland, they really hate anyone from Chicago.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Who do you guys think is going to be the frist IWGP Women's Champion?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

I like that IMHO.
    I don't--at least not in this context. Just because it will give Baker yet another front and center storyline for the belt. Baker/Hayter is a big storyline and a big feud without it being for the title. Meanwhile everyone else will continue to be sidelined.

Let Storm/Deeb or someone else carry the belt for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I don't--at least not in this context. Just because it will give Baker yet another front and center storyline for the belt. Baker/Hayter is a big storyline and a big feud without it being for the title. Meanwhile everyone else will continue to be sidelined.

Let Storm/Deeb or someone else carry the belt for awhile.
    Ruby Soho is my pick

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ruby Soho is my pick
    She's not in the match. It's Storm, Baker, Hayer, and Shida

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ruby Soho is my pick
    Soho is not in the top 5. I think she fell out of the top 10 this week even with her win streak because they were in mixed tag and tag/trios matches.

Hayter and Shida aren't either but might have climbed this week because they had big wins on Dark, Elevation, and network shows. Plus Shida just won a belt in Japan but seems to be working a program. Nyla has been taking Ls, so she might've fallen out of the top 5. Anna Jay and Hart have been on win streaks, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    She's not in the match. It's Storm, Baker, Hayer, and Shida
    Going by current rankings, it should be Storm, Baker, Athena, and Anna Jay.