Page 253 of 339 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 5083
  1. #3781
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    7,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    It was a bad signing and AEW doesn't need him. When you look at the African American Talent they now have Swole and Rush were bottom of the barrel.
    I completely disagree. Lio Rush was actually AEW's best most well-rounded black/AA talent (in ring & on the mic)(he is deserving of being AEW champion even I think). But he sabotaged his relationship with Tony Khan, for basically nothing, no good reason. It's really tragic.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-23-2022 at 07:01 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, AEW, MAGA, old films, Lovecraft

  2. #3782
    Mighty Member Vworp Vworp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Way back in the 80's, when the WWF used enhancement talent on a lot of their shows, in much the same format that Dark/Elevation does now, it never bothered me. Partly cos I was a kid and I didn't care. But more so, because when the WWF told me someone was a two-bob local talent, then I'd believe that. Cos with no internet, it's not like I had any way of knowing any better. And when said talent then got their ass easily kicked by a "proper" WWF wrestler, that made perfect sense.

    Fast Forward 30+ years to today though, and here's AEW doing exactly the same thing (even down to the local-wrestler-already-in-the-ring-give-the-crowd-a-little-wave-when-your-name-appears intros), but in a very different landscape. Cos now I know who a lot of these supposed jobbers are. And I know how good they are. So when wrestlers like Janai Kai or Willow Nightingale are being jobbed out to the likes of Velvet and Rhodes in a couple of minutes, my kayfabometer has a bit of meltdown.

    Subsequently, booking that back in the 80's had felt perfectly reasonable to me, now comes across as... a sort of arrogance. It's like, the idea that purely because someone is signed with AEW, they're automatically better than anyone that isn't. Which sure, is basically the entire point. But I do still feel like it wouldn't hurt have hurt AEW (or their wrestlers) if the results had been a little more unpredictable, and visiting wrestlers could have picked up wins too. I say that in the past tense, as it would have had to have been a thing pretty much from the start. They're probably too far gone to change it now.

    But in a world where it's now a simple task to find out more about a wrestler you might not have already heard of (particularly for the audience of a show which only airs online anyway!), and with AEW still making such a big whoop about the importance of wins and losses (which becomes meaningless when wrestlers will just automatically wrack up the W's however frequently they appear on Dark), then surely having a more "competitive" structure to Dark/Elevation wouldn't have been such a bad thing, would it?
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

    "Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

  3. #3783
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    11,672

    Default

    I would like to see more competitive matches on dark and elevation just to make those shows less repetitive. The shows are are boring seeing squash matches back to back.

    Unless AEW plans on signing an outsider or serves as a tryout match (like with Jake Atlas) they shouldn't win. It doesn't help AEW letting someone who isn't signed beat an established star in their company.

  4. #3784
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    16,847

    Default

    I never knew this existed til now. As one interviewer brought up to the YouShoot interviewer (the guy did shoot interviews with Kevin Nash to RVD). Anyhow the funniest one was Vampiro who has a reputation for stretching the truth. Such a reputation that Vince Russo and Disco Inferno decided to do a score on possible lies and truths. Russo makes it clear , both of them love the guy and some of the zany crap he'd come up with.

    Disco brings up how Vampiro was either late or missed a show. So he claims the airplane door fell off. A fact Vampiro he claims still tells him this happened. Even as crazy as it sounds....


    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

  5. #3785
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    11,672

    Default

    Brian Kendrick requested his release

  6. #3786
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    16,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Brian Kendrick requested his release
    Brian Kendrick was still in WWE ? Jeeze that is wild. Last I heard he was helping in NXT wasn't it ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

  7. #3787
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    11,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Brian Kendrick was still in WWE ? Jeeze that is wild. Last I heard he was helping in NXT wasn't it ?
    He was on TV a few weeks ago on NXT. He was the agent Holland threw off a flight of stairs during one of his rampages. A match between the two was booked but never happened. But yea, he's been working backstage on NXT for a while.

  8. #3788
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    11,672

    Default

    Nick Khan said WWE isn't looking to sell
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/wwe/...ly-taken-calls

  9. #3789
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Nick Khan said WWE isn't looking to sell
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/wwe/...ly-taken-calls
    But if someone makes the right offer lol

  10. #3790
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Brian Kendrick requested his release
    He probably saw the writing on the wall with the new NXT 2.0 regime and decided to jump ship before he was pushed out the door like so many other black and gold era NXT people.

  11. #3791
    Incredible Member darthjoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Hi. Is anyone here buying the wwe 2k22 game? if yes...is anyone dissapointed that there really is not a physical special edition? I mean only standard and deluxe get a physical release. The nwo edition is only digital. I really don't see a point in buying a digital only nwo edition. and the deluxe really is nothing special aside from the fact that it includes the season pass.

  12. #3792
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    12,975

    Default

    I am waiting to see more gameplay footage.

    Honestly, AEW's game looks better so far.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  13. #3793
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Way back in the 80's, when the WWF used enhancement talent on a lot of their shows, in much the same format that Dark/Elevation does now, it never bothered me. Partly cos I was a kid and I didn't care. But more so, because when the WWF told me someone was a two-bob local talent, then I'd believe that. Cos with no internet, it's not like I had any way of knowing any better. And when said talent then got their ass easily kicked by a "proper" WWF wrestler, that made perfect sense.

    Fast Forward 30+ years to today though, and here's AEW doing exactly the same thing (even down to the local-wrestler-already-in-the-ring-give-the-crowd-a-little-wave-when-your-name-appears intros), but in a very different landscape. Cos now I know who a lot of these supposed jobbers are. And I know how good they are. So when wrestlers like Janai Kai or Willow Nightingale are being jobbed out to the likes of Velvet and Rhodes in a couple of minutes, my kayfabometer has a bit of meltdown.

    Subsequently, booking that back in the 80's had felt perfectly reasonable to me, now comes across as... a sort of arrogance. It's like, the idea that purely because someone is signed with AEW, they're automatically better than anyone that isn't. Which sure, is basically the entire point. But I do still feel like it wouldn't hurt have hurt AEW (or their wrestlers) if the results had been a little more unpredictable, and visiting wrestlers could have picked up wins too. I say that in the past tense, as it would have had to have been a thing pretty much from the start. They're probably too far gone to change it now.

    But in a world where it's now a simple task to find out more about a wrestler you might not have already heard of (particularly for the audience of a show which only airs online anyway!), and with AEW still making such a big whoop about the importance of wins and losses (which becomes meaningless when wrestlers will just automatically wrack up the W's however frequently they appear on Dark), then surely having a more "competitive" structure to Dark/Elevation wouldn't have been such a bad thing, would it?
    that's one way to look at it i guess. when i see kai or nightingale on dark it just tells me they're on aew's radar, and that's a good thing. also a good thing brandi is wrestling on dark rather than tv.

  14. #3794
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    16,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Nick Khan said WWE isn't looking to sell
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/wwe/...ly-taken-calls
    Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    Hi. Is anyone here buying the wwe 2k22 game? if yes...is anyone dissapointed that there really is not a physical special edition? I mean only standard and deluxe get a physical release. The nwo edition is only digital. I really don't see a point in buying a digital only nwo edition. and the deluxe really is nothing special aside from the fact that it includes the season pass.

    Like Madden I usually wait a few years til prices are cheap for these games. I haven't bought a WWE game since the 2018 edition from like a year ago. So I wait a couple years on these EA games due to this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

  15. #3795
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    11,672

    Default

    I haven't brought a WWE game since 2K16. The games stopped being fun for me when it became more of a wrestling simulator. I miss the arcade gameplay of the old smackdown games

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •