Page 201 of 902 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301701 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I still am shocked that Vince blew Kurt Angle's last match on Corbin a couple years ago. Its one of those....really ? I know Kurt has wished he could return. He even was backstage at an AEW show and took a photo with Rusev I believe. Teasing how he'd come back.

He was offered a contract from what he detailed on his podcast and was debating on doing it. He joked his wife was gonna lock him inside the house to stop him due to his health basically at this stage. (He is getting neck surgery done and claims he has to do stretches for 2-3 hours a day , every day to get himself able to move due to years of work)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I still am shocked that Vince blew Kurt Angle's last match on Corbin a couple years ago. Its one of those....really ? I know Kurt has wished he could return. He even was backstage at an AEW show and took a photo with Rusev I believe. Teasing how he'd come back.

He was offered a contract from what he detailed on his podcast and was debating on doing it. He joked his wife was gonna lock him inside the house to stop him due to his health basically at this stage. (He is getting neck surgery done and claims he has to do stretches for 2-3 hours a day , every day to get himself able to move due to years of work)
    I don't often agree with Corny but ...

"The WWE is the land of fruits and nuts and Vince is the head cashew." - Jim Cornette
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

i think tonights raw was one of the better ones this year
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It may be doubtful Kurt wrestles again, but if he can get a last match, I hope it is with Bryan Danielson.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

High earnings, so high "budget cuts" (i.e. en masse talent releases)?

"In the past, approximately five names were at most mentioned in a list posted by the [WWE] on their webpage. Now, releases are done en masse"

Excerpts:
    NXT was the baby Paul Levesque, better known by his wrestling persona Triple H. Under his leadership, what was essentially the WWE’s “minor league” because a main event of its own. But now that Triple H has stepped down from overseeing the brand, wrestlers he spent years developing with long term storylines and popular gimmicks have been repackaged or dropped entirely by WWE CEO Vince McMahon before even making it to the main roster. Behind the scenes, the WWE is even more melodramatic than what’s on screen.

This year alone, WWE has released 71 wrestlers according to Gamespot, which is enough to make up an entire roster of talent from any other wrestling promotions around the world.
    Ultimately, the [third quarter earnings call] revealed that the company earned $43.5 million in net income and $255.8 million in revenue in tickets, merch costs, and its pay-per-view SummerSlam this quarter; a 15 percent increase from the previous quarter’s earnings.

Since taking over NXT, McMahon, along with senior vice president Bruce Prichard, has made the brand indistinguishable from the main roster.

Rather than letting a wrestler’s persona shine during in-ring storytelling, NXT 2.0 leans on over-produced video packages, camera angles that ogle its female wrestlers, and matches that end far too quickly. All of these issues have persisted on the main shows for the last few years, as well.
    Change must happen within the WWE so that talent not only feels valued but also assured that their work won’t dwindle away due to a “necessary” budget cut called for within the same sentence that the company brags about its earnings.
    https://kotaku.com/wwe-has-lost-more...-is-1848019717
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-09-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

So Corny, DA MELTZ, Maffew, Bleacher, WhatCulture, and a few other places that have actual connections inside WWE have all said that same thing recently.

Vince is a loon and that most of the talent being cut now are Black and/or POC.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Eddie Kingston wrote a mini autobiography for those who want to read it https://twitter.com/MadKing1981/stat...FdLnwOxkA&s=19

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So Corny, DA MELTZ, Maffew, Bleacher, WhatCulture, and a few other places that have actual connections inside WWE have all said that same thing recently.

Vince is a loon and that most of the talent being cut now are Black and/or POC.
    A lot of these cuts are obvious HHH guys. Not only does Trips step down but anyone he had a influence on is being shown the door. I'm shocked that Ciampa, Gargano, Kyle and Pete Dunne still have jobs

Yea, a lot of the releases feel like this latest round is sort of an extension of the prior releases / NXT makeover.

Everything being made over in Vince's image and likeness.

Maybe Vince sat back and looked the overall reactions to the new NXT and thought "I can do whatever I want and few will care."
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-09-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Astonishing Member

How big could Mandy Rose get, if Vince and company decided to make her V-trigger knee into the new diamond cutter? Diamond Dallas Page was a manager and even at his peak never was the greatest in ring performer but the bookers decided to make the diamond cutter Jake the Snake's DDT. Quick explosive unstoppable, sort of like what the RKO became. This allowed DDP to be put into programs with obviously superior in ring performers like say a Benoit, Booker T or Guerrero. Would the same work for Mandy? Should she get into a program with a Sasha, Asuka, Bailey, Becky, Charlotte or Bazeler and come off "believable"? She is gorgeous the camera loves her and Vince is obviously trying everything he can to make her work, just curious as to what her ceiling might be, while yet maintaining the high standard for women's wrestling the WWE has achieved. I know she is not their yet but how high can she get?

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    How big could Mandy Rose get, if Vince and company decided to make her V-trigger knee into the new diamond cutter? Diamond Dallas Page was a manager and even at his peak never was the greatest in ring performer but the bookers decided to make the diamond cutter Jake the Snake's DDT. Quick explosive unstoppable, sort of like what the RKO became. This allowed DDP to be put into programs with obviously superior in ring performers like say a Benoit, Booker T or Guerrero. Would the same work for Mandy? Should she get into a program with a Sasha, Asuka, Bailey, Becky, Charlotte or Bazeler and come off "believable"? She is gorgeous the camera loves her and Vince is obviously trying everything he can to make her work, just curious as to what her ceiling might be, while yet maintaining the high standard for women's wrestling the WWE has achieved. I know she is not their yet but how high can she get?
    DDP was a talented and underrated worker. And he busted his ass to make it happen. Macho Man let few men lead him in the ring and DDP was one of them. He was no Dean Malenko or Curt Hennig but he was not a slob, either.

I'm not sure he's the best example. He got over just fine pre-Diamond Cutter. He just exploded around the same due to charisma & promos. The early DC was not what it became later. The People's Champ run was where he really geld IMHO.

I'm sure if they wanted to protect Mandy like they did Alexa Bliss during her runs, it would not be because of a cool finish (which does help). She'd probably get as a over as Alexa did during those protected runs.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-10-2021 at 03:45 PM.

The Best Friends have joined ...

CHAOS!!

Yes! My body is ready ... OKADA is coming to AEW!!! Romero just recruited them on behalf of Okada.

And best of all .... Yanu plus OC.

Rainmaker vs. American Dragon is on the horizon!!

Man ... I wish Nakamura was still there ...

Statlander will be the 3rd female to join a New Japan stable .. that is awesome!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-10-2021 at 07:59 PM.

Lio Rush tore the house down!

He's really showing how badly the WWE nuetered him.

Dante and Lio as a tag team will be awesome.