Page 377 of 902 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427477877 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Bruce will follow whatever a McMahon tells him. Steph has already placed her husband back in a key role. Khan won't have many loyalists there as no one will wanna cross Steph or her dad now.
    Stephanie got Bruce fired in his last run. I don't know if they get along better now but I still don't think he will be safe. He is Vince biggest ass kisser and he needs to go if a creative overhaul is in the plans

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So he is just going to run things in the background?
    How much will things change? It's the question everyone's asking, and it's too soon to say what the answer is.

Here's Wrestletalk's immediate reaction to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Vince is going to walk into the office on Monday in a lucha mask as "Vincente McMahon", Vince's twin brother.
    LOL!

Anyway, it's hard to tell what, if anything, will change. We can really only speculate at this point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That spinebuster spot was straight fire.

AEW has not booked their originals well when Kahn gets a shiny, new toy. The Stardom deal I think would send a lot of those women back unless they are booking it as a one off show akin to Forbidden Door or the rumored all women show.
    ive always liked hobbs
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Bruce will follow whatever a McMahon tells him. Steph has already placed her husband back in a key role. Khan won't have many loyalists there as no one will wanna cross Steph or her dad now.
    Khan is a Vince guy. McMahon will influence the product through him.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Steph is kicking off Smackdown tonight

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/15506...954MEXdmw&s=19

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Khan is a Vince guy. McMahon will influence the product through him.
    Vince is a McMahon. He won't let someone else outside family have control. He may like Nick Khan but once the power struggle hits...Vince will pick his daughter.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Steph is kicking off Smackdown tonight

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/15506...954MEXdmw&s=19
    They are smart to run this as a storyline. I said it weeks ago had Vince showed up and had it where Stephanie fires him and takes control onscreen...good angle.

Stephanie can proclaim how she is now the billionaire Queen of the company.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

They are smart to run this as a storyline. I said it weeks ago had Vince showed up and had it where Stephanie fires him and takes control onscreen...good angle.

Stephanie can proclaim how she is now the billionaire Queen of the company.
    I'm not seeing an angle. Steph is going to address the recent news on air and play lip service to the fans. When Vince came back on TV it lead to nothing.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I really will be wondering if we are seeing the IRL version of the "Higher Power" storyline with Vince's alleged retirement here. Will life imitate art (erroneous phrase intended) once again?

I simply cannot understand how anyone wouldn't be suspicious given all we all know of Vince and the 2022 comments that Vince could run WWE for like the next 20 years.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-22-2022 at 05:27 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ultimate Member

I don't see any angle with the Vince thing.

He's leaving under a hideous, very unclear cloud.

As I've said before, WWE's partners and business associates would have had severe difficulty doing biz with them considering the allegations against Vince (and the three more that are supposed to be revealed soon). The only way to maintain stability at the company would be for Vince to leave altogether.

I honestly don't know things will go now but there will DEFINITELY be changes. It won't be immediate and they might not be as "drastic" as what people want (Vince McMahon is still the majority shareholder of the company) but some of the core "Vince-isms" in the company won't be a thing with him gone.

EDIT: I also expect that with Stephanie being a co-CEO the disgusting, toxic culture of female exploitation will get gone.
    Last edited by Username taken; 07-22-2022 at 06:49 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I really will be wondering if we are seeing the IRL version of the "Higher Power" storyline with Vince's alleged retirement here. Will life imitate art (erroneous phrase intended) once again?

I simply cannot understand how anyone wouldn't be suspicious given all we all know of Vince and the 2022 comments that Vince could run WWE for like the next 20 years.
    I doubt Vince will come back in any permanent capacity.

He might work with the guys on ground i.e Khan and Stephanie but he will most likely stay out of the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

As I've said before, WWE's partners and business associates would have had severe difficulty doing biz with them considering the allegations against Vince (and the three more that are supposed to be revealed soon). The only way to maintain stability at the company would be for Vince to leave altogether.

I honestly don't know things will go now but there will DEFINITELY be changes. It won't be immediate and they might not be as "drastic" as what people want (Vince McMahon is still the majority shareholder of the company) but some of the core "Vince-isms" in the company won't be a thing with him gone.

EDIT: I also expect Stephanie being a co-CEO that the disgusting, toxic culture of female exploitation to go with Vince too.
    Personally I'm hoping that scripted promos and the vocabulary being the first Vince-ism to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

EDIT: I also expect that with Stephanie being a co-CEO the disgusting, toxic culture of female exploitation will get gone.
    Let's hope so. By the way, what do you consider to be core "Vince-isms"?

You guys were right. No angle and basically using Steph to cheer lead the crowd.

They still can have time to do a storyline about Stephanie seizing power. Hell they can use this to go to TV 14. Its just there and the attention given this could really help.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Let's hope so. By the way, what do you consider to be core "Vince-isms"?
    Some of that corny humor like giant fierce-looking monsters dancing like idiots (particularly the Indian ones), some of the stupid booking in the ladies section (like the ladies asked to be "more" like Mandy Rose), asking the ladies to "show more skin" even when not necessary.

Not all of this is his stuff directly but it's the kind of stuff that people did to make him "happy".