Page 183 of 902 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283683 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 13529

Talking

Listen bro, this will be decided in a on-a-pole match, bro.

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Saw this as well this morning. Very surprised to see that Forbes is profiling Tony. I like what I'm seeing. Tony's enthusiasm is so genuine. He's a fan who started to love wrestling because of the A-Team and G.I. Joe! His business savvy is equally impressive. It feels like AEW is an overnight success but it's been building for a couple of years now. That is very impressive especially when you consider most of that growth was during a pandemic. All I can say is that I'm more excited over AEW then WWE. Students that I teach are huge fans as well.

My only concern is that Khan my overextend himself. Vince McMahon can do that. He eats, breathes, sleeps (or doesn't sleep) pro wrestling. Can Tony do that? I'm also concerned with the comparisons and competition with WWE. In the beginning, didn't AEW say that it didn't want to be in competition with WWE? Just do its own thing? The moment you say you're beating WWE, then you're marked. Then you start to go down a la WCW. Tony just should focus on being a good wrestling product, and not try to beat WWE.
    Technically, AEW isn't a success until they can start turning a profit yet. They're not. I'm not necesarily concerned, in order to grow you need to spend money and AEW is spending money on growing it's product so if I were a shareholder I would be ok with it--but they're not in the clear yet.

One issue with secondary wrestling promotions is that they find out--you can start off as the wrestling alternative--but that can only get you so far. The niche wrestling market is so big. In order to grow the product, you have to start appealing to all audiences. People started to complain when Impact became RAW-lite--but that was also the era of it's highest ratings. Eventually AEW is going have the same issue--how do you grow without losing what got you there?

Astonishing Member

lets go ruby
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Saw this as well this morning. Very surprised to see that Forbes is profiling Tony. I like what I'm seeing. Tony's enthusiasm is so genuine. He's a fan who started to love wrestling because of the A-Team and G.I. Joe! His business savvy is equally impressive. It feels like AEW is an overnight success but it's been building for a couple of years now. That is very impressive especially when you consider most of that growth was during a pandemic. All I can say is that I'm more excited over AEW then WWE. Students that I teach are huge fans as well.

My only concern is that Khan my overextend himself. Vince McMahon can do that. He eats, breathes, sleeps (or doesn't sleep) pro wrestling. Can Tony do that? I'm also concerned with the comparisons and competition with WWE. In the beginning, didn't AEW say that it didn't want to be in competition with WWE? Just do its own thing? The moment you say you're beating WWE, then you're marked. Then you start to go down a la WCW. Tony just should focus on being a good wrestling product, and not try to beat WWE.
    They are still doing their own thing. They reached their level of success on their own terms. An important thing to note about WCW is that they actively tried to harm WWE. AEW has never done that. The opposite has definitely been the case.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

That's pretty much what he's been doing all along?

Vince is the one that needs that advice imo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They are still doing their own thing. They reached their level of success on their own terms. An important thing to note about WCW is that they actively tried to harm WWE. AEW has never done that. The opposite has definitely been the case.
    Exactly.

WCW made it their business to run WWE out of town. That isn't AEW's focus...at least not for now.

Suzuki vs Danielson this Friday on Rampage
    https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyKhan/...20810954911750

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

To be fair that wasn't what Ted Turner wanted or Bischoff at 1st. In 1993 he was hired as co-VP and the idea at 1st was to make WCW stop losing $6 million a year. Which he was able to stop , then Turner wanted to beat Vince and be the #1 company as we saw in 1994. This led to the Hogan signing and then later Nitro in 1995.

Its only after this that Bischoff lost his mind to drive Vince McMahon out of business during Monday Night Wars as we saw. But the 1st was to stop losing money , then beat Vince...and then Bischoff lost his mind.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Suzuki vs Danielson this Friday on Rampage
    https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyKhan/...20810954911750
    round 2 fight
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

has hideki suzuki had a match in nxt yet??

I don't understand WWE. They aired a vignette for the third Uso brother but he doesn't have the Uso name. Why he can't be an Uso?

Extraordinary Member

I don't understand WWE. They aired a vignette for the third Uso brother but he doesn't have the Uso name. Why he can't be an Uso?
    Isn't the third Uso on NXT?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Isn't the third Uso on NXT?
    Yea. Last night's NXT aired a vignette for him

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    has hideki suzuki had a match in nxt yet??
    As I understand it, his actual role is backstage. I don't think he is gonna be in ring

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    As I understand it, his actual role is backstage. I don't think he is gonna be in ring
    He's a member of Diamond Mine. He will have a match eventually.