Page 548 of 902 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558598648 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 13529

Vince is looking at nearly $2B in lawsuit damages.

I'm sure he's going to do anything to pay for those.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Da Party Music video

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Nick Khan has met with Bob Iger and ESPN CEO

https://twitter.com/Cultaholic/statu...37555365994496

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Nick Khan has met with Bob Iger and ESPN CEO

https://twitter.com/Cultaholic/statu...37555365994496
    He was offered a Disney gig not long ago.

Maybe he's job interviewing!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He was offered a Disney gig not long ago.

Maybe he's job interviewing!
    I'd say it's about the WWE. He's meeting with ESPN boss too.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd say it's about the WWE. He's meeting with ESPN boss too.
    Dirt Sheets got Saudi wrong (so far).

Steph did resign with immediate effect, which means she really hated being there or she was going to be canned. I would not be surprised if Khan bails because that's pretty much how he got to WWE in the first place.

In other news, AAA announced that unless your Kenny Omega, you can't challenge for a belt if you're with AEW. Said it's hard to get dates from AEW people.

So according to BleedingCool ..Tony Khan and his father are listed as potential buyers of WWE. They would get other investors to go along with the deal.

How wild would that be ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

willie mack & kevin blackwood both wrestled matches for aew dark/elevation while they were in LA. would be happy to see either or both those guys get signed.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So according to BleedingCool ..Tony Khan and his father are listed as potential buyers of WWE. They would get other investors to go along with the deal.

How wild would that be ?
    Nothing from that site should ever be trusted.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Nothing from that site should ever be trusted.
    Johnston seems to nail a lot of the comic book related stuff he reports on at last I saw. I remember when he broke the entire 2011 DC reboot many months before it happened.

On this.... well its gonna be kinda hard for the Khan's to make this work.

Shaid Khan is worth $11.6 billion. The WWE itself is valued at least close to $5 billion right now. If there is a bidding war the Khan's don't have the money to go after the WWE. Unless they get help and get a group together to do it.

The other factor is ...would Vince sell out to the Khan family ? He would view it as possibly failure on his end to have some upstart company led by some young punk buying him out. So its a leap he'd do that.

Of course it would be very wild to think Khan could have a ROH , WWE , WCW , ECW , NXT and all that under his control. That would be insane to see that. But also would recreate a new monopoly in the business...again.

But yeah I doubt this happens.

fuk my luck. i bought tickets for dynamite last week feeling confident the acclaimed was done with slapnuts so the coast was clear but after further inspection that doesn't seem to be the case. i wonder if i can sell my tickets w/o taking too big a loss. i wish i had known about the ppv in san francisco. i would've saved my money for that. i know it's going to be a better show and i'd much rather visit san francisco than fresno.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The Khans' (of AEW) interest in buying WWE is apparently legit and that's according to "a person close to the potential transaction [who] told Barron’s [a sister publication to The Wall Street Journal]"
    “All Elite Wrestling—the top rival to WWE, led by Tony Khan and family—is in the pool of potential buyers for WWE, a person close to the potential transaction told Barron’s, adding that the Khans will likely look for a financial partner to acquire the asset. Tony Khan’s father Shahid Khan, a co-owner of AEW, already owns the football team Jacksonville Jaguars and the English soccer club Fulham Football Club, indicating the duo have deep pockets.”
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...r-money-merger
    (BCool wins again)

More:
    All Elite Wrestling, a professional wrestling league owned by the Khan family, is interested in merging with World Wrestling Entertainment, according to people familiar with the matter.

AEW hasn’t had talks with McMahon or Nick Khan, the company’s chief executive, said the people. McMahon may view selling to the Khans as a non-starter.

The Khans are open to discussing a potential role for McMahon, 77, after a sale but haven’t yet had those talks, one of the people said.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/12/aew-...rging-wwe.html
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-13-2023 at 07:15 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

Khan can't even control CM Punk. How's he gonna control Vince? Doesn't sound like a good look.

The bidding war of 2023.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    The bidding war of 2023.
    Doesn't rhyme so well.

But an interesting development indeed with AEW's interest. Might be some irony in AEW (sorta aligned in business with Turner-founded-though-now-non-Turner companies) merging with/buying WWE.

AEW still seems like a doubtful long shot to me. Though it might make sense for Vince if Vince wants to be especially sure WWE is in the hands of someone who truly loves or understands the business.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-13-2023 at 07:47 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”