Page 29 of 902 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129529 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Some dirtsheets are saying how he was dressed down by Randy Orton ( even in character) on Legends night back in January really ticked him off for real. It make him question his role in WWE and he saw that he really didn't have a future there other than to be seen as a relic or a joke.
    I'd have more sympathy for Show if he hadnt phoned it in and been crap for years and years and is only now upset that they treat him as such.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The real big blow is if Paul Heyman gets the offer to go and AEW wisely hands him the creative job. Because as many have said AEW has a hell of a talented roster of guys. Its just ...the booking at times is holding them back.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The real big blow is if Paul Heyman gets the offer to go and AEW wisely hands him the creative job. Because as many have said AEW has a hell of a talented roster of guys. Its just ...the booking at times is holding them back.
    I honestly don't see AEW handing the book to Heyman. Even then as long as Brock Lesnar is in WWE I don't see Paul jumping ship.

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    I'd have more sympathy for Show if he hadnt phoned it in and been crap for years and years and is only now upset that they treat him as such.
    There weren't a lot of options for marquees to rake in the big bucks till shortly after Paul signed his extention.

AEW, New Japan offering big money to gaijins, bigger indie circuits offering good money etc. Didn't become viable till 2013.

There haven't been this many options since before WCW folded for making good money.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So the fiend got Most Overrated on WON awards?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So the fiend got Most Overrated on WON awards?
    Those awards were laughable, smarks had a collective meltdown when Goldberg beat the Fiend at Super Showdown and now a year later Bray's overrated? That math checks out...

Being The Elite and AEW Dark got more votes than Smackdown for best weekly wrestling show. BTE doesn't even have wrestling on it and Dark is 2+ hours of jobber matches but they're more popular with the Observer readership than Smackdown is. I never took these awards seriously but this year just hammers home why I don't and never will.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Some folks with a lot of time posted a lot of the XPW episodes on Youtube. The episode I'm watching from 2002 (before Shane Douglas tried to save the product) is some bad TV. Even with a Metallica intro of "I Disappear" playing to highlights (some of the worst butch). The idea is for a cool ECW type intro but the TV production values and XPW stuff is ...crap.

The opening host tries to hammer home this is XPW and not XPE (A dig at WWE changing its name) .

And Kriss Kloss is ...terrible. The other guy joining him to co-host and create a dynamic as a heel Ron Rivera is trying but Kloss is so damn bad he lacks actual...acting. It doesn't play at all naturally and Kloss comes across as a bad actor.

(The idea by XPW was to create their own version of Joey Styles....yet they failed so epic. Joey was just a NATURAL onscreen. He could click on and he could act great next to his heels Don Callis and Joel Gertner)
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 02-28-2021 at 01:44 AM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

aew would be foolish to give heyman the book at this point. 1 of aew's strengths is being in touch with THEIR audience. sure they miss here and there but their batting average is pretty damn solid.

impact could use heyman more than anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Some folks with a lot of time posted a lot of the XPW episodes on Youtube. The episode I'm watching from 2002 (before Shane Douglas tried to save the product) is some bad TV. Even with a Metallica intro of "I Disappear" playing to highlights (some of the worst butch). The idea is for a cool ECW type intro but the TV production values and XPW stuff is ...crap.

The opening host tries to hammer home this is XPW and not XPE (A dig at WWE changing its name) .

And Kriss Kloss is ...terrible. The other guy joining him to co-host and create a dynamic as a heel Ron Rivera is trying but Kloss is so damn bad he lacks actual...acting. It doesn't play at all naturally and Kloss comes across as a bad actor.

(The idea by XPW was to create their own version of Joey Styles....yet they failed so epic. Joey was just a NATURAL onscreen. He could click on and he could act great next to his heels Don Callis and Joel Gertner)
    XPW was **** with a few sprinkles of cool mixed in whether it was before, during or after franchise came in. was kind of cool to see rev pro guys like super dragon, scorpio sky, quicksilver etc in dark/undercard matches.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    aew would be foolish to give heyman the book at this point. 1 of aew's strengths is being in touch with THEIR audience. sure they miss here and there but their batting average is pretty damn solid.

Exactly.

AEW has cultivated a fairly large and extremely loyal fanbase.

They'd be foolish to tamper with this.

Has anyone here watched the first couple of episodes of Young Rock? I know it's all through the somewhat rose-colored glasses of Dwayne Johnson's memories of his childhood, but it's still a pretty entertaining look into how some pro wrestlers weren't as well off as one might think they were back in the day.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

Won't happen. Khan didn't grow up watching Heyman's wrestling, that's not what they want for their show.

I do like the idea of Heyman on Impact, especially if he kept there occassional silliness. (And just wrote it better)

My friend's latest wrestling video. Hahahaha, he isn't happy about Big Show jumping ship or Jon Moxley's hardcore antics -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Those awards were laughable, smarks had a collective meltdown when Goldberg beat the Fiend at Super Showdown and now a year later Bray's overrated? That math checks out...

Being The Elite and AEW Dark got more votes than Smackdown for best weekly wrestling show. BTE doesn't even have wrestling on it and Dark is 2+ hours of jobber matches but they're more popular with the Observer readership than Smackdown is. I never took these awards seriously but this year just hammers home why I don't and never will.
    The awards are absolute garbage.

Absolute nonsense.

I don't pay them any attention.