Page 513 of 902 FirstFirst ... 13413463503509510511512513514515516517523563613 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How many guys do they have can draw heat with their mere presence? When double J shows up you know what time it is.
    time to change the channel.

heat is only good if it translates to something useful. lethal, sonjay & singh haven't blown up since slapnuts joined them. it gave darby and sting something to do for a month but as super said darby and sting always have something to do and probably could've done something better.

rampage was good. tag was a nice start, really cool to see anthony henry in a proper match(not getting squashed by hook) with darby even though the match was clearly about sting. the hobbs vignette was nice, hopefully thay have something for him. main event was ok, wish they could find something better for roosh. i was so looking forward to roosh & andrade doing somehing cool. the crew he's got just isn't a good fit.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 11-26-2022 at 04:12 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    time to change the channel.

heat is only good if it translates to something useful. lethal, sonjay & singh haven't blown up since slapnuts joined them. it gave darby and sting something to do for a month but as super said darby and sting always have something to do and probably could've done something better.

rampage was good. tag was a nice start, really cool to see anthony henry in a proper match(not getting squashed by hook) with darby even though the match was clearly about sting. the hobbs vignette was nice, hopefully thay have something for him. main event was ok, wish they could find something better for roosh. i was so looking forward to roosh & andrade doing somehing cool. the crew he's got just isn't a good fit.
    Time to make Jarrett FTW Champion ! Hook going down...lol.

The group has only existed...what a month ? The shock to me was Tony Khan not giving us 6 months of Sting/Darby vs Jarrett/Lethal now. Given his slow booking.

But the group does need help. Jarrett is a prime heel mic worker. He's out there selling Jay Lethal better than anyone as well as Dutt and Singh. But those 2 aren't wrestling it seems and it leaves Lethal carrying the load with 50+ Jarrett having to tag with him.

Jeff shouldn't be wrestling much at all here. He should be the heel manager mic piece. Lethal needs someone to go in ring. So Khan has some options here.

1- Take Michael Bennett and Tavern and pair them into this group. This gives them a 6 man group here.

2- Sign EC3 , James Storm or Davey Richard's to add to Jarretts group. Richard's and Lethal would be a fine combination here.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Time to make Jarrett FTW Champion ! Hook going down...lol.

The group has only existed...what a month ? The shock to me was Tony Khan not giving us 6 months of Sting/Darby vs Jarrett/Lethal now. Given his slow booking.

But the group does need help. Jarrett is a prime heel mic worker. He's out there selling Jay Lethal better than anyone as well as Dutt and Singh. But those 2 aren't wrestling it seems and it leaves Lethal carrying the load with 50+ Jarrett having to tag with him.

Jeff shouldn't be wrestling much at all here. He should be the heel manager mic piece. Lethal needs someone to go in ring. So Khan has some options here.

1- Take Michael Bennett and Tavern and pair them into this group. This gives them a 6 man group here.

2- Sign EC3 , James Storm or Davey Richard's to add to Jarretts group. Richard's and Lethal would be a fine combination here.

fuk no. his promos don't get heat, it's what he represents(**** booking of wcw & tna) that people don't like. russo or bitchoff could easily get the same reaction. he really hasn't cut any good promos.

no need to sign anybody(though i'd be happy to see richards) use the people they already have like you said taven & bennett would be fine.

speaking of people they already have, utilize these guys(let hook squash local talents)

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    fuk no. his promos don't get heat, it's what he represents(**** booking of wcw & tna) that people don't like. russo or bitchoff could easily get the same reaction. he really hasn't cut any good promos.
    I think a few of us will disagree here. Jarrett is getting natural heel heat. He can come out , detail how the Acclaim is a bunch of hip hop jokes like AEW and its audience and gets the INSTANT heel heat. Jeff is really right now ...the best heel on the roster. The audience has turned MJF and he can try as hard as hell to get heel heat but the audience in a whole think he's cool and its like Rock or Austin...they don't care about that.

But Jarrett....a 50+ year old man is showing up the roster on how to get heel heat on TV.

no need to sign anybody(though i'd be happy to see richards) use the people they already have like you said taven & bennett would be fine.
    I'm surprised Davey Richards hasn't been brought in for a match against Jericho. The 2 of them could really do a fine match. Richards vs Danielson would be really f'n awesome to see.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want Jarrett to bust out of the old country music singer gimmick if he and lethal will be feuding with the Acclaim. I know he done it once before when he feuded with Elias.

I want Jarrett to bust out of the old country music singer gimmick if he and lethal will be feuding with the Acclaim. I know he done it once before when he feuded with Elias.
    This could get AEW in some trouble in a sense. They can't really use any of Jarrett's old WWE or WCW stuff. He owns the TNA theme and all so he can do that. But I think its why he's dressed in black as the Last Outlaw deal.

In updated news AEW it appears according to online sheets is not gonna buy out Punk's contract. Under fear he will jump to WWE now due to rumors Khan has heard.

As one fan joked..."Imagine paying guys like Andrade , Punk etc to sit at home because your afraid they will be stars on WWE TV."

So watching a Tales from the Territories episode about the High Chief Peter Maivia's territory in Hawaii.

- Peter Maivia was so respected and beloved that the people in Hawaii would do whatever he asked. He even calmed a near riot by coming out and calming the crowd. He told them how their actions would dishonor them from handling the situation in ring. As one of the Maivia's were beaten up in ring the crowd had went crazy and was gonna riot over it.

- Maivia's death saddened the country and it left his wife to run the territory. Ofelia Maivia was a tough woman at times and Kevin Sullivan detailed a funny story about this one.

Sullivan was a HOT heel and Ofelia had a new strategy with her running the territory. Evil foreigners would come in like Sullivan to feud with the home grown Samoan stars. Sullivan then was brought in and Ofelia came to him backstage and told him... "You will win championship tonight !" Which Sullivan had no clue about and then was like...this crowd will f'n kill me if I walk out as Champion ! Ofelia was like , no...no you will have bodyguards to help. Well as Kevin claims , his "supposed" body guards were drinking heavily backstage before this.

So Kevin already feeling the hatred from the crowd (people were hitting him coming to ring etc) is like...f-ck this. He basically...has the referee count him out and he runs to the back. Ofelia wasn't happy and wanted him to go back out there but Kevin Sullivan was like...not tonight I won't.

- With the High Chief's death this led to many of the "male promoters" from the mainland scheming to get her territory. She had hired Lars Anderson as a booker and they became friends. Lars himself saw this happen 1st hand and well...it soon involved his near getting killed and the FBI to get involved.

- Lars was viewed as an outsider and people inside the company (shareholders) felt they could do better job booking. So instead of doing this at a board meeting they decided to....kill him. He was leaving a bar and took a blow to the back of the head. He was beaten on and before the guys could finish him off a secretary in the company walked up and saved his life. Lars details he was forced after it to sit and eye the 2 who tried to kill him in meetings after it. Waiting to beat them senseless if they did try anything.

- But as I mentioned Ofelia had people want her territory due to its beautiful location in Hawaii. After a big worldwide telecast of the One Hot Summer show had people be terrible. Jim Crockett its claimed told them if ANY of his talent was seen on the telecast he would pull the plug and take them back on plane. So Flair's match never was seen.

But it got worse...

- Lars and Ofelia had someone want to use the talent to run wrestling shows. So as Lars and Ofelia told him , he'd have to pay a booking fee for the talent. This has Ofelia get a big forceful about cutting the guys balls off if he dared use the talent without the fee. This gets the FBI involved who believe the 2 are using extortion. But every promoter had a booking fee deal.

They get caught up in a trial and the NWA President has to testify to get them out of it. But what else led to this was a call from Gordon Solie from Florida. At the time Florida wanted the Hawaii territory to expand. So in speaking to him Lars told him ... "The Samoan family owns this. They won't sell it. This is their family territory..." (essentially)

This is played as a negative but Lars was basically explaining the fact Ofelia won't sell. After they were cleared as the NWA president explained a booking fee Ofelia was punished by being deported.

- This with the changing times and more led the territory to close by the late 1980's.

The Teddy Hart documentary is on Peacock. Its hard to believe a man spent a decade nearly filming all this stuff.

The Teddy Hart documentary is on Peacock. Its hard to believe a man spent a decade nearly filming all this stuff.
    IIRC, a lot of the footage the documentary uses was for a reality show that never got picked up. They must have saved this crew a lot of leg work

IIRC, a lot of the footage the documentary uses was for a reality show that never got picked up. They must have saved this crew a lot of leg work
    It seemingly did because from 2012 to near 2022 there was a lot. Its a very interesting series and I'm shocked given the shape of reality TV that a Teddy Hart reality show never got picked up. With his 2 women , love of cats (over 100 Persian cats) and weed. The show would sell itself then.

It seemingly did because from 2012 to near 2022 there was a lot. Its a very interesting series and I'm shocked given the shape of reality TV that a Teddy Hart reality show never got picked up. With his 2 women , love of cats (over 100 Persian cats) and weed. The show would sell itself then.
    Teddy has terrible timing. If he started filming in 2012 then he started at the tail end of the reality show boom. He should have started when Hogan Knows Best and Total Divas were popular.

Teddy has terrible timing. If he started filming in 2012 then he started at the tail end of the reality show boom. He should have started when Hogan Knows Best and Total Divas were popular.
    Well it wasn't Teddy's idea. It was his the film maker who was trying to advance his career as well. At a wrestling show people told him Teddy Hart would be a good person to film and he called him up. Hart in the 2012 part was 32 and seemingly wanting 1 last shot in WWE (or TNA) and to get his uncle Bret's respect for himself.

Bret said it years ago.... Teddy Hart had EVERYTHING really. He had the great athletic skills and ability. The look and promo ability as well. Its just him being Teddy he couldn't help himself. That he in the span of a few years would be kicked out of WWE deal (they tell the show he was Un Coachable) TNA and Ring of Honor (the moonsault deal is shown). Its more sad his own issues and attitude derailed what could have been a great career.

Been forgetting to mention this. But I believe this deal is still going on. If your interested in WWE Network on Peacock TV....well Peacock is having a special 12 months for $1.05 a month . Which is a hell of a deal.

Impact Wrestling just signed a streaming deal with DAZN