Page 113 of 902 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 13529

Domino's Disavows AEW's Bloody 'Pizza Cutter' Spectacle on TNT

Dominoes is looking to pull all ads from TNT, not just AEW.

TNT is asking for whoever greenlit that spot to be fired.

Fun times at AEW!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    IMHO, Jericho vs Juventud at SuperBrawl 1998 is Jericho's best WCW match. So this is a cool, interesting twist. Sadly, I expect Juvi will seem in far better shape and move better than Jericho.

(Yes, I think it was superior to Jericho vs Eddie at Fall Brawl 1997)
    it's arguable, but i wouldn't bother arguing. all those guys had so many great matches figuring out which was the best would involve a lot of hairsplitting. a few years back juvi was with this chick named setsuko something or other, i think she was 1/2 mexican and japanese, really attractive. i wonder if he'll bring her as a valet/manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Since they aren't going to pull the trigger on Jungle Boy getting the world title anytime soon (and honestly, they shouldn't. Hangman has been their priority for a bit now), I kind of wouldn't mind seeing him be the one to take the TNT title off Miro and have a good mid-card singles run to help establish him as a solo act. Not saying having him split from Jurassic Express (maybe work it like New Day thing), but just have a good singles run through the mid-card.
    taking the title off miro is going to be tricky unless they're going to put him right into the main event afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Domino's Disavows AEW's Bloody 'Pizza Cutter' Spectacle on TNT

Dominoes is looking to pull all ads from TNT, not just AEW.

TNT is asking for whoever greenlit that spot to be fired.

Fun times at AEW!
    easy fix there, pay off gage to take the blame. he won't give a fuk and it only adds to his outlaw legend to be banned from turner networks. throw him a few ppv paydays down the road and in the meantime if he's smart he can capitalize with some new shirts.

TNT is pulling AEW clips. Not happy they got no warning about the excessive violence last night. FCC gave TNT a fine for not rating it TV-MA. They were also told a warning needs to go out prior to violent segments or face a blackout like with the pizza cutter.
    I'm calling shenanigans on this. The FCC doesn't have jurisdiction over basic cable the way they do over broadcast television. And even if they did, there would have to be an investigation of any complaints which would take at least a week or so. No way would they fine the network the very next day.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm reading that Tony Khan did in fact warn TNT ahead of time about Gage vs Jericho. If so, then TNT itself should share the blame (maybe even most or all of it) for any issues with authorities or sponsors.

Anyway, I don't care, Jericho vs Gage was a huge success.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-30-2021 at 12:26 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm reading that Tony Khan did in fact warn TNT ahead of time about Gage vs Jericho. If so, then TNT itself should share the blame (maybe even most of it) for any issues with authorities or sponsors.
    When it comes to sponsors they should have pick their spots. Using Jericho getting cut up by a pizza slicer as a Segway to a Dominos commercial wasn't the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

easy fix there, pay off gage to take the blame. he won't give a fuk and it only adds to his outlaw legend to be banned from turner networks. throw him a few ppv paydays down the road and in the meantime if he's smart he can capitalize with some new shirts.
    Was he even signed? Sounds like that was the plan all along if something weird happened. Although the pizza ads being pulled from TNT probably wasn't something they were expecting, just that the network might get pissed.

Looking at the news about it today, he appears to be taking the front of the blame.

Internally, sounds like this has just upped their rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I'm calling shenanigans on this. The FCC doesn't have jurisdiction over basic cable the way they do over broadcast television. And even if they did, there would have to be an investigation of any complaints which would take at least a week or so. No way would they fine the network the very next day.
    "On Friday afternoon, sources said WarnerMedia’s ad sales team was trying to mend fences with Domino’s and its agency partners. Arguing the placement was a “unfortunate coincidence,” WarnerMedia hopes the world’s largest pizza company will again buy commercial time on TNT’s next “AEW: Dynamite” telecast Aug. 4.

Gage himself weighed in Friday, tweeting: “Sorry Dominos didn’t mean to offend you. Guess I’m too ultraviolent for TV.”

AEW posted a video of the bloody main event on its Twitter feed Thursday.

“Just like he promised, @thekingnickgage is CARVING UP @IAmJericho!” the wrestling promotion tweeted to its 644,000 followers.

Founded in 2019, AEW is trying to challenge wrestling giant WWE for fans and TV viewers. But it’s bloody matches have turned off some fans and critics, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Wednesday’s broadcast drew in 1.108 million viewers, the fourth-most in AEW history and the third week in a row that averaged more than a million viewers.

TNT referred questions to a WarnerMedia spokeswoman who could not be reached for comment, citing a pending investigation for failure to rate a program correctly.

“AEW: Dynamite” is set to switch channels in January, moving to TBS from TNT.

Domino’s operates more than 17,000 locations in 90 markets around the world. "
    Sounds like it was misreported a bit yesterday. I personally don't think this is bad for AEW but it does not bode well for their relationship with their broadcast. They're going to have use that TV-MA going forward from time-to-time (didn't WWF have a few segments that were TV-MA and they broadcasted a warning ahead of it?). They can't afford to piss of their TV partners. At least, not yet.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-30-2021 at 12:27 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I'm reading that Tony Khan did in fact warn TNT ahead of time about Gage vs Jericho. If so, then TNT itself should share the blame (maybe even most of it) for any issues with authorities or sponsors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    When it comes to sponsors they should have pick their spots. Using Jericho getting cut up by a pizza slicer as a Segway to a Dominos commercial wasn't the best idea.
    Reading the updates today, it sounds like TNT is sheltering some of the blame.

And that the pizza promo after the cut to black was an accident.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm also reading that Adam Page is not the plan for Omega's next PPV opponent. Now, that's either an incorrect report/rumor. Or....just who is gonna be Omega's next PPV opponent??? If Page is out, something suitably big must be replacing him. Not necessarily Bryan or Punk, but Chistian maybe? Gotta be somebody of a higher level.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

There's now going to be tons of Indy shows with bloody Domino's Pizza spots after this.

Extraordinary Member

I'm also reading that Adam Page is not the plan for Omega's next PPV opponent. Now, that's either an incorrect report/rumor. Or....just who is gonna be Omega's next PPV opponent??? If Page is out, something suitably big must be replacing him. Not necessarily Bryan or Punk, but Chistian maybe? Gotta be somebody of a higher level.
    I've heard it's gonna be Christian

It was reported by Fightful so it's legit.

If they're going Archer vs. Tana, only to have it lead to Tana vs. Mox ... wouldn't it make sense to have Tana vs. Omega while he's stateside? At least once?

In other news ...

"In just a few hours of a pre-sale today (July 30), fans bought more than 10,000 tickets to “The First Dance” at United Center. That’s more than 40% of the venues listed capacity for concerts at the home of the NBA’s Chicago Bulls & NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks, which is 23,500."

AEW's tour seems to be doing well on sales unlike WWE Live ATM.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-30-2021 at 02:42 PM.

On All Out sans Page ... Christian makes sense but they've been teasing Eddie Kingston, too.

If they're going Archer vs. Tana, only to have it lead to Tana vs. Mox ... wouldn't it make sense to have Tana vs. Omega while he's stateside? At least once?

In other news ...

"In just a few hours of a pre-sale today (July 30), fans bought more than 10,000 tickets to “The First Dance” at United Center. That’s more than 40% of the venues listed capacity for concerts at the home of the NBA’s Chicago Bulls & NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks, which is 23,500."

AEW's tour seems to be doing well on sales unlike WWE Live ATM.
    Without the context of their New Japan feud Omega vs Tana isn't interesting.

On All Out sans Page ... Christian makes sense but they've been teasing Eddie Kingston, too.
    They did make a point of saying how Christian's win, even as part of a six-man match, would move him up in the rankings.
    Watching television is not an activity.