Page 107 of 902 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 13529
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

If WWE had simply let wrestlers do indy appearances or wrestle in Japan, Bryan might be signed with them right now. He's really advocated for added freedom for the wrestlers (see my attachment).

If Danielson has signed with AEW, this is much better for this back nine of his career (now that WWE gave him the added exposure (and money) he needed). Bryan was simply too good for WWE, with the talent he still has left in the tank. With Omega, Andrade, PAC, Fenix, Pentagon Dark, Darby, Cassidy, etc....endless amount of great opponents, and that's not even counting Okada and others he could face in Japan.

Going to AEW would be kinda like Bryan going to somewhere in between big-exposure big-money WWE & his roots in ROH, a perfect sweet spot for him to land.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-22-2021 at 08:56 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I want Danielson in the G1. Wherever he goes before or after I don't mind, but I want him in the G1.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I want Danielson in the G1. Wherever he goes before or after I don't mind, but I want him in the G1.
    Well, you and him are on the same page.

He also stated he wants to wrestle Okada, Darby, MJF, and Jungle Boy.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-22-2021 at 01:12 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

cm punk and daniel bryan both going to AEW? If true this is bad for WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    cm punk and daniel bryan both going to AEW? If true this is bad for WWE.
    I dunno about that but it does make for a wild year. We're not even in September yet, when a whole host more of contracts and non-competes will be up. And not all of them are WWE talent!

Like I said a while ago, I think the back half of 2021 is going to be wild in terms of who goes where.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

We’re at a point where I would say that AEW could have an awesome year, the industry could theoretically open-up across the board with “faux-territories” style cross-promotions… and it still wouldn’t really hurt WWE at all, and they could conceivably not even try to alter their course and still see a bump from a “rising tide” type of scenario.

WWE is entrenched in the public consciousness, Vince is still an incredible businessman, and while his booking preferences are often painfully mediocre compared to their potential, he’s always going to have top talent and production values, and a monstrously prolific tape library. He’s going to make about 1 genuinely solid feud for every two bad to forgettable ones he makes just because of his infrastructure advantages.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

"WWE is getting back on the road, but they aren’t doing great with ticket sales everywhere they are promoting a show. The company has already run into a situation that caused them to cancel an event.

The September 17th SmackDown in Atlanta, Georgia was cancelled due to ticket sales, no new location has been announced for the September 17 event as of yet.

Whilst AEW ticket sales are soaring, it appears not all WWE events are doing the same.

They had only sold around 1,700 tickets as of last week. It was noted that low ticket sale result was the reason that they pulled the event."

Via Ringside.

Also seeing that the "American Dragon" was signed last week (hence why they filled for the trademark) and apparently the negotiations with Punk are over. Doesn't mean he has signed ...

Bryan looks to debut at the big AEW NY post PPV and it allegedly already booked for some New Japan dates leading up to it.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-22-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I dunno about that but it does make for a wild year. We're not even in September yet, when a whole host more of contracts and non-competes will be up. And not all of them are WWE talent!

Like I said a while ago, I think the back half of 2021 is going to be wild in terms of who goes where.
    No matter how you look at it it's definitely not good for WWE is all I'm saying.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

According to Ringside News... CM Punk is a done deal . That sources close have said he will meet Khan in person to likely sign. His deal is one of the most important ones the company can do. But the feeling is right now he's gonna sign with AEW.

There is talk of debuting him in All Out PPV if he follows through and signs. So he can come out for the God Pop.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    According to Ringside News... CM Punk is a done deal . That sources close have said he will meet Khan in person to likely sign. His deal is one of the most important ones the company can do. But the feeling is right now he's gonna sign with AEW.

There is talk of debuting him in All Out PPV if he follows through and signs. So he can come out for the God Pop.
    My God can you imagine the fanbase punk and DB are going to bring into AEW this is a game changer!

Incredible Member

My God can you imagine the fanbase punk and DB are going to bring into AEW this is a game changer!
    we'll see. punk and bryan is going to be part-timers so there might be an initial boost in viewership but it's not going to last. can bryan bring the bella bimbos over to aew as well.

Astonishing Member

future AEW World Tag Team Champions
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    we'll see. punk and bryan is going to be part-timers so there might be an initial boost in viewership but it's not going to last. can bryan bring the bella bimbos over to aew as well.
    Why wouldn't it last? If punk fans and DB Fan's start watching AEW a lot are going to get invested in the show really why wouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    LBo not trying to compare Goldberg to 911 BUT any wrestler who not only crushed jobbers but the top people in the business for an extended period would necessarily reach a very high status. I love and respect Samoa Joe but part of his mystique was around the length of time between losses. Asuka is no doubt a top women's talent but what made her Asuka was the undefeated streak, now just about all of that mystique is now gone because of bad booking decisions. Not saying she can't take a loss but she now takes too many. Those two examples are talents whose talents are deserving of the push who are still peak talents without the undefeated streaks however once Bill took the L his only draw is nostalgia and the momentum of the ultra push that the masses didn't realize was a push and just thought he was just that dang good.
    the thing is he didn't just reach a very high status, he reached a status that only a handful of guys in the industry have.

i don't think i 100% follow what you're getting at there but since you mentioned joe i think he's a good xample. let me start by saying i'm a big joe fan. the 1st indy show i ever attended was in 2003, i went because the main event was joe vs aj styles(ended up being aj vs kazarian due to joe injury at a roh show). that said if you give samoa joe the same push and booking as goldberg would he reach that status?? sadly i don't think he would. not due to a lack of talent, just the world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    that sounds like the xact type of thing he should be avoiding. the g-1 is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    We’re at a point where I would say that AEW could have an awesome year, the industry could theoretically open-up across the board with “faux-territories” style cross-promotions… and it still wouldn’t really hurt WWE at all, and they could conceivably not even try to alter their course and still see a bump from a “rising tide” type of scenario.

WWE is entrenched in the public consciousness, Vince is still an incredible businessman, and while his booking preferences are often painfully mediocre compared to their potential, he’s always going to have top talent and production values, and a monstrously prolific tape library. He’s going to make about 1 genuinely solid feud for every two bad to forgettable ones he makes just because of his infrastructure advantages.
    not disagreeing with anything you said, just saying as a consumer that library isn't worth a **** on peacock.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

god please no. i have no desire to see punk live out his mma fantasies on tv.

honestly i think the majority of that fanbase is already there.

anybody watch impact tonight??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-23-2021 at 05:42 AM.