Page 181 of 902 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281681 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Heels is just demonstrating to me that wrestling might be best served to forgo the live crowds except for special events in the current era.

#controversialhottake
    Supposedly, WWE wasn't mulling plans about doing more studio shows/less touring, once they saw how much more money they were making.

If they are going to produce year around and aren't giving time off to talent to rest, they should definitely not tour all year around and have "studio" show season. Even during holidays.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Supposedly, WWE wasn't mulling plans about doing more studio shows/less touring, once they saw how much more money they were making.

If they are going to produce year around and aren't giving time off to talent to rest, they should definitely not tour all year around and have "studio" show season. Even during holidays.
    WWE would be better served if they rotate their roster. They have enough people signed to make that work.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    So how did the draft finish out on WWE...
    McIntyre to Smackdown seemed like the biggest move. He will just be the latest to get sacrificed to weekly beatings by Reigns and the Uso's (Yawn). Some tag teams got broke up, and jobbers on one show got drafted to the other show to continue to be jobbers. Charlotte has the Raw title on Smackdown, and The Man has the Smackdown title on Raw, so obviously those will both be changing hands soon.

Astonishing Member

RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

was in vegas over the weekend, saw scott hall pounding michelobs at the bar of the hotel i stayed at. as i walked by i said "you're the man razor!!" he no sold it completely. also ran into the human tornado, he was working security at a bar. my son who i used to take to pwg shows as a kid but is now old enough to go into bars was really xcited to see him. still a nice guy.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Heels is just demonstrating to me that wrestling might be best served to forgo the live crowds except for special events in the current era.

#controversialhottake

The WWE may have made a lot of money but the networks were pissed and very antsy about the ratings (its reported Fox is still not happy with Smackdown's) . A big reason Vince is touring the product like AEW is ...is to lure those fans who attend live to watch again. You have to get the product toured and out there to create a buzz for it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I'm happy to see Hangman come back. Now he can win the title off Omega freeing him up for Danielson

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm happy to see Hangman come back. Now he can win the title off Omega freeing him up for Danielson
    I was really happy to see the huge pop he got. It was electric. Looking forward to him vs. Omega.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The WWE may have made a lot of money but the networks were pissed and very antsy about the ratings (its reported Fox is still not happy with Smackdown's) . A big reason Vince is touring the product like AEW is ...is to lure those fans who attend live to watch again. You have to get the product toured and out there to create a buzz for it.
    Actually the opposite was true, at least for the pandemic. It's true the ratings were down for the studio shows, but WWE was one of the few original programming shows during the pandemic and the ratings were considered excellent when you compare it to the drops of everything across the board.

You have a point that there's just no matching the energy of the live shows and the impact to production. Would a studio show vs. AEW's live shows drop ratings? I dunno....

AEW's touring schedule is nowhere near as hectic as WWE's, they aren't doing all the crazy house shows etc.

I have no doubt they'd let Hangman win the belt, but I wonder if they'll have him kick out of the one-winged angel. The pop for that would be insane.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

You have a point that there's just no matching the energy of the live shows and the impact to production.

AEW's touring schedule is nowhere near as hectic as WWE's, they aren't doing all the crazy house shows etc.
    Definitely no matching the energy of live shows. Omega vs Danielson proved that recently.

AEW definitely seems to do touring in such a way as they get the benefits, with fewer of the downsides (since they do less shows).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Interesting belief by Jericho that Will Ospreay will someday find his way to AEW.
    [W]hile speaking with Jen Eckhart on the REINVENTED podcast this week, former AEW World Champion Chris Jericho named another major star on wrestling independent scene that he believes will eventually make his way to the Jacksonville-based promotion — Will Ospreay. The New Japan Pro-Wrestling star has been a big name for years (he finally won the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship earlier this year), but has always refrained from signing any long-term deal with a US-based promotion. Jericho confirmed he spoke with Ospreay back when AEW first launched as a company.

"I'd love to see Will in AEW. I actually called him way, way back when we were first starting out to see what kind of interest he had, and I think there's a lot of guys that want to work in Japan and spend time there," Jericho said. "I know, because I was one of them. Been to Japan over 60 times now at this point in my career and I think there will come a time where Will decides he wants to work in his own country. I know he's English but America, that sort of an idea is much more similar to England than Japan is.

"There's something to be said about being a worldwide television superstar, and you won't get that working for New Japan Pro Wrestling," he added. "It's great to be there, but the big leagues, the real big leagues kind of lie in America. So I would love to see Will working with AEW, and at some point, I think that will probably happen."
    https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/aew-c...aew-new-japan/
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

AEW definitely seems to do touring in such a way as they get the benefits, with fewer of the downsides (since they do less shows).
    Yup and they allow any wrestlers who want to pick up Indy dates to, meanwhile, you have Britt Baker, who is able to actually practice working as a Dentist(!!!) as well as be a full time wrestler for AEW.

Recently AEW has moved the Dark shows to the former Impact zone. They can't no longer have them during Dynamite thanks to Rampage.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I have no doubt they'd let Hangman win the belt, but I wonder if they'll have him kick out of the one-winged angel. The pop for that would be insane.
    It will Bryan, Page, or Punk that kicks out the first time.

My personal hope is Page.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium