Page 535 of 902 FirstFirst ... 35435485525531532533534535536537538539545585635 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So I was scrolling through FB today and learned in a group post that its the 13th anniversary of the death of one of the toughest guys who wrestled. Doctor Death Steve Williams passed away on this date in 2009. Guy was a legit tough guy who had his biggest success in Japan. There he was a legend given how tough he was.

I always remember hearing a story where Doc was busted open bad on his head and was gonna have to get stitched up. "Stitch me up Doc , I got a match later to do !" was what he told the surprised Doctor.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I wasn’t saying FTR Hair wasn’t in agreement, just that people on Twitter weren’t targeting him because he’s hot. Good looking people can get away with more stuff.
    LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I need to find it...as much as Punk has an ego like Booker T and others...Jericho has one too. I think 99% have egos in the business. I can't remember who joked about it ...but they said pro wrestlers are all egomaniacs in a way. (May have been Rob Van Dam).

Anyhow speaking of Rob he told this story in a shoot in 2020 I believe.

- He had just came into WWE and was really hot then. That this didn't please some in the company who had been there for a few years and here this ECW guy was suddenly getting major over and was now getting a match with Steve Austin.

- So months later he's placed in a match against Chris Jericho. Who didn't want to say he wasn't happy but Rob got the sense Jericho was not happy how over he got so fast.

So they were given the match laid out backstage. Chris starts telling the producer or road agent on how they can make it better. Which included Jericho basically diminishing Rob's offense and making him look silly to go over. (Can't remember how the planned finish went or how) but Rob said others would get the same Jericho ideas backstage at times if he felt threatened over the "spot" they had then.
    rob was being nice, i think you could replace "has ego" with 'is an asshole" and his comments still ring true. after saying that about everyone having an ego he said he feels punk has as big an ego as ANYBODY he's EVER met in the business. he also told a story about punk being an assbag on a plane ride about luggage.

I need to find it. Weird how I remembered that one. Could have been on Rene Duprees podcast he does.
    while you're at it check out how almost everybody who knows punk on rene's show thinks he's a fukhole doucher.

Well Kazarian from memory was told Vince wasn't happy he walked up to him. And he was working in the company awhile. So he was like...well he's not happy and wants me to cut my hair and shave ?

It really shocks me TNA or WWE couldn't see who Frankie Kazarian looked like and build a fun character who would walk around thinking he was the sexiest man in the world. Acting Latino Ala Bandaras. Hell he can claimed he was his cousin onscreen and discuss his movies to impress people.
    i don't believe kazarian had a beard at that time, he was always pretty clean shaven.

i always thought they should've called him the "desperado" frankie kazarian and gave him some mariachi looking ring or entrance attire but would skip on the fake accent stuff.

Don West just passed away
    RIP

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

RIP Don West

Don West was the greatest salesman on a TV wrestling product ever. Bruce Prichard said in a fun podcast years ago TNA did more merchandise business at house shows than WWE because of West sold.

He'd get up there and sell...sell...sell wrestler signings and merchandise like no tomorrow. That he saw the figures that they'd do. It surprised him.

Somewhere in the great beyond Don West is wiping his brow...selling Andre the Giant t-shirts and people are lining up. RIP Don West.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Tyson Fury doesn't want to put anyone over or look vulnerable in WWE

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/...XohlHQVbA&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Tyson Fury doesn't want to put anyone over or look vulnerable in WWE

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/...XohlHQVbA&s=19
    Well he is the Gypsy King. Would have been nice to see him do.a WWE career and become World Champion. But pro wrestling means you have to look weak at times.

Extraordinary Member

Charlotte's back, and took the belt off Ronda

According to report January 11th is going to be a big day ahead for AEW. A number of suits from Warner Bros Discovery will be there watching the show live.

edit......................
    Last edited by BigLbo; 12-31-2022 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    he was the "Cream" of the crop
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Charlotte's back, and took the belt off Ronda
    wow, this feels like teaching fans a lesson for complaining about ronda. maybe vince is back??

BANNED

WWE stock performance results for the year are in. A gain of 38%

https://deadline.com/2022/12/2022-st...ey-1235208788/

Don West was the greatest salesman on a TV wrestling product ever. Bruce Prichard said in a fun podcast years ago TNA did more merchandise business at house shows than WWE because of West sold.

He'd get up there and sell...sell...sell wrestler signings and merchandise like no tomorrow. That he saw the figures that they'd do. It surprised him.

Somewhere in the great beyond Don West is wiping his brow...selling Andre the Giant t-shirts and people are lining up. RIP Don West.
    This visual is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Warp View Post
    This visual is great.
    Why Vince McMahon never signed this guy to promote PPV's and merch is wild. West was just ...ON when it came to selling things. Its like he'd work himself up to sell the show or product he had.

Well in a blow AJ Styles may miss Wrestlemania. During a house show match ; AJ did a move to the floor and grabbed his ankle in pain. Styles later confirmed he broke his ankle and will be out the longest period in his career.

He won't need surgery but will be gone awhile.