Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pro Wrestling! (For Everything WWE, Impact, Indies, AEW, & Japan !) 2021

Last thread was getting a little long in the tooth, so to prevent issues with forum crashing that had previously stemmed from really long threads, wrestling is starting fresh and new for 2021.

Post away!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Okay...question I’ve wanted to ask since forever.

Who wins a match, The Wild Samoans, 3 time WWF Tag Team Champions, or The Usos, 6 time WWE Tag Team Champions?
    Both teams in their primes. How would this go?

Astonishing Member

RIP Old Pro Wrestling Thread

After 67 views I’m gonna guess no one cares who wins that match up.

Thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Who wins a match, The Wild Samoans, 3 time WWF Tag Team Champions, or The Usos, 6 time WWE Tag Team Champions?
    Wow. That would be an intra-family fight, as the Wild Samoans are the Usos' uncles. But maybe we should petition for the Wild Samoans to be downloadable characters for the next WWE video game. Then we could at least have a simulation of such a match.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

i say the Head*******rs via samoan drop.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-02-2021 at 01:18 AM.

Mighty Member

Default Smackdown 01012021

"Smackdown" (January 1) was a mixed bag. No singularly bad moment,bit nothing really jumped out at me. (The "Brody" armbands on some of the wrestlers were a nice touch.).

-late edit 01032020:
    Street Profits v/s Ziggler and Rood
    The pre-match was entertaining. (Sort of curious about the rest of Ford's and Dawkins' predictions. The match, and angle as a whole, are the sort of thing where I don't care about who holds the belts so long as the contests are fun.

Langston and Apollo v/s Corbin and Zayn was a fun match unto itself. But, the pre-match recap really highlighted by how truncated Langston's win from last week actually was. (WWE had spent the better part of a year beating up on Langston,and the payoff should have been more substantial.) Apollo reminds me of the Undertaker, being an odd combination of size, speed and grace. (Amusingly, Big E was one of the smaller guys in the ring.)

I liked the first women's tag match more than I expected. Banks, Belair and Bayley can make me like something with Carmella. (What is the deal with Carmella's assistant? Does WWE have a plan for him?)

The Riot Squad v/s Natalya and Tamina was fun. Bad guys lost the match,but definitely got a chance to shine. (I really want to see Billie K in a match against Bianca Belair.) Good mix of moves and in-ring antics, which is what wrestling's should be.

Daniel Bryan and Otis v/s Cesaro and Nakamura was not bad,but did not live up to my expectation. (To be fair, those were high.) Not sure why Gable is a manager, rather than a wrestler. Just hoping that "hips" does not become a thing.

Owens v/s Uso was a good match. Owens wrestled like a heel, but with a purpose. The real weakness is the over use of cinematics. In this case, we are not only shown Roman and Heyman reacting, but the vignettes make us question their intelligence. (Did Roman really need Heyman to tell him that Adam Pierce booked the match,when we all just saw it happen in another vignette?)
    Last edited by CentralPower; 01-03-2021 at 10:37 AM.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Fantastic Member

Really sucks as i had E pegged as the guy to end Roman, but seems like he got relegated to IC champ level. Am happy for D Bry though

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    Really sucks as i had E pegged as the guy to end Roman, but seems like he got relegated to IC champ level. Am happy for D Bry though
    It will be Rollins, unless the E brings back a face Lesnar to face Roman for the love of Heyman match.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    (I really want to see Billie K in a match against Bianca Belair.)
    they have matches a few times before when bianca was on raw , seldon used on the main show but used exclusively every week on main event where she has wrestle billie kay , peyton royce , ruby riott, liv morgan etc, the queen of main event and was unbeaten.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ibushi is the new double champ.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Last thread was getting a little long in the tooth, so to prevent issues with forum crashing that had previously stemmed from really long threads, wrestling is starting fresh and new for 2021.

Post away!
    One request since your a mod , can you edit in AEW into thread title here ? When the last thread was made 2+ years ago AEW didn't exist and its now the 2nd national promotion next to WWE.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

the new version of dante's inferno that house of black is using is fukn awesome.

Ultimate Member

I haven’t been watching much wrestling lately (I don’t find much interesting in it beyond the bloodline drama which has gone on for too long) but I’m reading that William Regal might be going back to WWE.

Why? He has a rather prominent role in AEW. I guess because Vince is gone a lot of guys want to go back.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I haven’t been watching much wrestling lately (I don’t find much interesting in it beyond the bloodline drama which has gone on for too long) but I’m reading that William Regal might be going back to WWE.

Why? He has a rather prominent role in AEW. I guess because Vince is gone a lot of guys want to go back.
    It's very wild that FTR , Regal , Andrade , and Brian Cage at one point want out. There is something going on behind closed doors there and it's not all CM Punk's fault.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.