Page 108 of 169 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2530
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    My God can you imagine the fanbase punk and DB are going to bring into AEW this is a game changer!
    future AEW World Tag Team Champions
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    we'll see. punk and bryan is going to be part-timers so there might be an initial boost in viewership but it's not going to last. can bryan bring the bella bimbos over to aew as well.
    Why wouldn't it last? If punk fans and DB Fan's start watching AEW a lot are going to get invested in the show really why wouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    LBo not trying to compare Goldberg to 911 BUT any wrestler who not only crushed jobbers but the top people in the business for an extended period would necessarily reach a very high status. I love and respect Samoa Joe but part of his mystique was around the length of time between losses. Asuka is no doubt a top women's talent but what made her Asuka was the undefeated streak, now just about all of that mystique is now gone because of bad booking decisions. Not saying she can't take a loss but she now takes too many. Those two examples are talents whose talents are deserving of the push who are still peak talents without the undefeated streaks however once Bill took the L his only draw is nostalgia and the momentum of the ultra push that the masses didn't realize was a push and just thought he was just that dang good.
    the thing is he didn't just reach a very high status, he reached a status that only a handful of guys in the industry have.

i don't think i 100% follow what you're getting at there but since you mentioned joe i think he's a good xample. let me start by saying i'm a big joe fan. the 1st indy show i ever attended was in 2003, i went because the main event was joe vs aj styles(ended up being aj vs kazarian due to joe injury at a roh show). that said if you give samoa joe the same push and booking as goldberg would he reach that status?? sadly i don't think he would. not due to a lack of talent, just the world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I want Danielson in the G1. Wherever he goes before or after I don't mind, but I want him in the G1.
    that sounds like the xact type of thing he should be avoiding. the g-1 is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    We’re at a point where I would say that AEW could have an awesome year, the industry could theoretically open-up across the board with “faux-territories” style cross-promotions… and it still wouldn’t really hurt WWE at all, and they could conceivably not even try to alter their course and still see a bump from a “rising tide” type of scenario.

WWE is entrenched in the public consciousness, Vince is still an incredible businessman, and while his booking preferences are often painfully mediocre compared to their potential, he’s always going to have top talent and production values, and a monstrously prolific tape library. He’s going to make about 1 genuinely solid feud for every two bad to forgettable ones he makes just because of his infrastructure advantages.
    not disagreeing with anything you said, just saying as a consumer that library isn't worth a shit on peacock.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    According to Ringside News... CM Punk is a done deal . That sources close have said he will meet Khan in person to likely sign. His deal is one of the most important ones the company can do. But the feeling is right now he's gonna sign with AEW.

There is talk of debuting him in All Out PPV if he follows through and signs. So he can come out for the God Pop.
    god please no. i have no desire to see punk live out his mma fantasies on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    My God can you imagine the fanbase punk and DB are going to bring into AEW this is a game changer!
    honestly i think the majority of that fanbase is already there.

anybody watch impact tonight??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-23-2021 at 05:42 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    anybody watch impact tonight??
    me

M O T Y C
    Last edited by steve2275; 07-23-2021 at 03:29 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

WALTER/Dragunov II and the Women's Title match (I don't want to spoil anything for those that don't read them) at Takeover?

Man that show's looking good!
    Last Read: Batman: Curse of the White Knight

Monthly Pull List: Batman/Catwoman, Blue & Gold, Catwoman, Daredevil, The Flash, Infinite Frontier, Nightwing, Robin, Shazam!, Strange Adventures, Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow, Superman: Son of Kal-El, Wonder Girl

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Allegedly the Rock is going to come back in Survivor Series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Would make since, it's the anniversary of his debut

Extraordinary Member

And there are rumors that WWE want Strowman back (???)

It also sounds like AEW have all but signed CM Punk.

That's a massive, massive get. If they manage they get him and Brian, then AEW have the two biggest pro-wrestling stars of the modern era not named Cena or Reigns.

It's a complete game changer and it puts AEW in a very, very strong position going forward.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I guess he's going to face Reigns.

Meaning Reigns will keep that title until Survivor Series (sighs).

I love Roman's Reign (pun fully intended) but it can get a bit stale if we know he's not going to lose to anyone until later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I love Roman's Reign (pun fully intended) but it can get a bit stale if we know he's not going to lose to anyone until later in the year.
    Well, yeah, but we knew he wasn't going to lose to Cena at Summerslam anyway, as Cena has a TV series to film. Oh, and of course, we will probably get a few teases of Big E cashing in the briefcase in the lead-up to Survivor Series.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

You really think he'll drop to the Rock? Rock is neck deep in hollywood projects to even have a fluff reign with the belt.

Extraordinary Member

There's no chance of Reigns losing before he's face Cena, Rock, and Brock

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

god please no. i have no desire to see punk live out his mma fantasies on tv.
    I don't think Punk is doing a MMA gimmick in AEW. Since he's 0-1 there. (His 2nd loss was removed as that guy tested positive for something)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I admit I did laugh at Khan's signings for awhile. Due to him signing 2 guys in roles no one really believes they fit (as announcers) and the entire thing looked like a waste of money.

But with reports claiming Punk has signed with the company....he signed 2 of the big free agents he needed. He got 2 stars and props to that.

So this is money spent wisely for sure.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I don't think Punk is doing a MMA gimmick in AEW. Since he's 0-1 there. (His 2nd loss was removed as that guy tested positive for something)
    i don't mean as a gimmick, i mean what he does in the ring.

also that's kind of hilarious in an ironic kind of way. the straight edge guy becomes joke of the mma community by getting his ass kicked by a jobber that tests positive for weed. ufc then brings jobber back because they don't care about weed anymore.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-24-2021 at 06:23 AM.