Page 599 of 902 FirstFirst ... 99499549589595596597598599600601602603609649699 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,985 of 13529
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Moxley doing the sessions did him no favors. He pretty much validated CM Punk Instagram story without intending to. His talk about doing it as a favor and he didn't need to do anything doesn't make him look good at all. It feels like he used his position as a free agent with the belt to strong arm the rocky 3 idea.
    Yeah, I could barely translate into English what Mox said, but you're right, this is how it read to me.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ultimate Member

There is a reason there is so much drama...your literally having people race to Dave Meltzer and tell insane stories and its killing everything. Khan won't step in and put a stop to any of this and I said it repeatedly....he's the boss. He should make a f'n stand.
    Exactly this. Everything there flows back up to Tony.

Also, the AEW guys that are close to Meltz should stop feeding him stories. It's stupidly messy.

Seriously, for Mox to even mention it publicly (beyond his issues with Punk), you know it's really bad.

Ultimate Member

I also agree with the other guys that Solo shouldn't have lost like that to Cody.

There should have been a build-up to the match, and it should have been Cody's first major title defense.

WWE is going to look quite different without Roman and the Tribal Chief storyline. Cody has very big shoes to fill as champion and they haven't built anyone to really face him maybe except Gunther.
    Last edited by Username taken; 03-28-2023 at 05:00 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

There should be a team meeting called with Punk there and everyone on roster. Tony needs to lay it down...NO MORE STORIES to Dave Meltzer. The moment someone leaks a story or its traced back...your ass is grass and gone. No more of this crap. This is a business and the school yard stories have to stop.

If anyone objects or tries to back talk , Tony needs to hand a release to that person. Man or woman , the moment they try and go... "Well this guy ... or this girl..." Nope...no more. The beef ends at the meeting. Tony can proclaim he tried being friends with everyone and its not worked out and now its time to take a Vince McMahon approach. You can be friends with road agents and coaches/producers. But the talent....NOPE.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I find it absolutely insane how Tony Khan put these guys as the main feud of his programming knowing Punk wasn't medically cleared and his champion not under contract. He was begging for something to go wrong with those factors in play. The absolute moron.

Drew Mac was built to seriously take the title from Reigns. Clash of the Castle would have been a good place for Roman to drop
    I get the feeling Trips wanted it to be a huge moment. Reigns title reign has ran close to 3 years. If stories of making a new WWE World Heavyweight Championship is true...

Winning at Wrestlemania is the big conclusion here. It's the big epic finale of storyline awhile so you can begin a new one. I get why he's decided...Wrestlemania 39 is the logical moment to crown the new champion.

I **** on things a lot at times. But I...I like what he did here. Wrestlemania should kick off a new Era. Austin really kicked off his era beating Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 14. Cody now gets his chance to kick off his era.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Drew Mac was built to seriously take the title from Reigns. Clash of the Castle would have been a good place for Roman to drop
    No, they didn't. Drew didn't have any more build to him than any other Challenger for Reigns has had.

The only reason people thought Drew might win was because it was a PPV in the UK

Moxley doing the sessions did him no favors. He pretty much validated CM Punk Instagram story without intending to. His talk about doing it as a favor and he didn't need to do anything doesn't make him look good at all. It feels like he used his position as a free agent with the belt to strong arm the rocky 3 idea.
    I completely disagree. The fact that Mox was the champion while he wasn't even signed just shows how loyal he is to the company, and how ludicrous the idea that he would have refused to drop the belt to Punk was

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    No, they didn't. Drew didn't have any more build to him than any other Challenger for Reigns has had.

The only reason people thought Drew might win was because it was a PPV in the UK

I completely disagree. The fact that Mox was the champion while he wasn't even signed just shows how loyal he is to the company, and how ludicrous the idea that he would have refused to drop the belt to Punk was
    Moxley had the power in situation. Khan let him literally have that power and he had to essentially give in to what Moxley wanted....or the guy could jump.

As Immortal pointed out...Khan never should have made Moxley champion here. In fact at the time I suggested Bryan Danielson due to how close he came against Hangman months earlier.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Moxley had the power in situation. Khan let him literally have that power and he had to essentially give in to what Moxley wanted....or the guy could jump.

As Immortal pointed out...Khan never should have made Moxley champion here. In fact at the time I suggested Bryan Danielson due to how close he came against Hangman months earlier.
    And it speaks volumes of who Mox is as a person that he didn't play hardball when he had that power.

Giving the Belt to Danielson would have been the wrong move, since it would have been a waste to make Danielson a transitional champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    And it speaks volumes of who Mox is as a person that he didn't play hardball when he had that power.

Giving the Belt to Danielson would have been the wrong move, since it would have been a waste to make Danielson a transitional champ.
    Except he did play hard ball. He wanted a Rocky III situation as we saw. To win clean like Punk would 2 weeks later.

Khan had to agree to this or the guy could show up at WWE as AEW transitional champion. It was a dumb promoter move.

i don't see what's wrong with that or how it makes him look bad. he was doing them a favor and he wanted something in return, something that was a good idea anyways. also if tk liked the idea how was it strong arming?? did i miss part of the story where tk didn't want to do it but mox forced his hand??

Hmmm not shocked at all...called it pages ago.

I moved on from it because I literally knew common sense wise...it was a hurt guy doing a job to do business. Moxley saying this is like an extra TD spike in endzone.

In all Khan needs to step the f-ck up and lay down the law. A number of talents want out (Brian Cage its claimed heads the list soon) . He needs now to call Omega , Jericho , Moxley , Hangman and Punk into a room and get this worked out. If not...let Punk go. Either be a boss and do this or try to be everyones best friend. You can't have it both ways at times.
    called what??

Except he did play hard ball. He wanted a Rocky III situation as we saw. To win clean like Punk would 2 weeks later.

Khan had to agree to this or the guy could show up at WWE as AEW transitional champion. It was a dumb promoter move.
    no, hardball would've been not dropping the title to punk period(which in retrospect would've been a good thing). he still put punk over clean on ppv he just made sure he got his angle/storyline in. i don't see why people have a problem with this. mox is a top star, he should have some say in what he does.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 03-29-2023 at 02:52 AM.

In fact at the time I suggested Bryan Danielson due to how close he came against Hangman months earlier.
    Danielson wouldn't have worked out either, since he was injured at the time which is why he missed out on Forbidden Door.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Danielson wouldn't have worked out either, since he was injured at the time which is why he missed out on Forbidden Door.
    mox has pulled through for the company in bad situations a few times. i don't get why people think him wanting to do the rocky 3 angle was asking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    mox has pulled through for the company in bad situations a few times. i don't get why people think him wanting to do the rocky 3 angle was asking too much.
    Mox has been a company guy continually. There's a reason they go back to him when everything goes to hell.

And I appreciate why he didn't have a contract at that time. He just came out of rehab and was worried that immediately signing a long-term commitment right out of it might hurt his sobriety (which it can, as it's one of the things they tell you to avoid right out of recovery). He had planned on taking time off from wrestling in general which is why he didn't sign a new one yet.

Tony putting the belt on him was questionable, no doubt, but at the same time he was running out of options before one of their biggest shows of all time with Forbidden Door. Punk got injured. Danielson was injured. Omega was injured. Outside of maybe Jericho, he was their last big name star to headline it. Then Punk came back and he and the Elite immediately made fools of themselves so he had to go back to the Mox well again.

It was just a terrible situation all around.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I had thought Danielson was out in spring ...early spring. I'd have went with the guy who was under contract and as you posted...it was Jericho. You really can't put a World title on a guy who isn't under contract. Moxley himself could have jumped and the worry had to sink in once he decided he didn't want to lose clean once to Punk at the PPV and this had Khan push an injured guy back to work 2-3 weeks earlier than expected with Rocky III idea.

In all ...it was a terrible situation but one Khan made himself. There was Jericho who he could have used here. Another possible solution would have been to have let Hiroshi Tanahashi as part of the working relationship NJPW has with AEW held the title til September and have him win it at Forbidden Door. Khan could have had him where he appeared a couple times til September dropping it back to Punk.

There was solutions here but Khan ran to Jon Moxley , didn't really think this one through and Moxley having the power in the situation literally was able to do Rocky finish as he wanted...and Punk was asked by Khan to do that.