Page 117 of 902 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217617 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 13529
    Extraordinary Member

AEW still seems more competent on a week to week basis, but it definetly feels like, if they really are going to be the primary importer of WWE’s overly-qualified cast-offs, then they need to plan out how to use that second show their planning to integrate the roster without becoming its own competition. I’ve long thought WWE’s problem with the brand split was not thinking out how it could be done, not the concept itself, but admittedly, it would be tricky even if you did approach it intelligently.

Otherwise, they might honestly do better just making it clear they have no problem featuring anyone from one of their friendly fellow promotions, but can’t take on many more major stars themselves right now.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Only if it ends with Darby betraying Sting.
    I want to see Sting do the betraying for once.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    AEW still seems more competent on a week to week basis, but it definetly feels like, if they really are going to be the primary importer of WWE’s overly-qualified cast-offs, then they need to plan out how to use that second show their planning to integrate the roster without becoming its own competition. I’ve long thought WWE’s problem with the brand split was not thinking out how it could be done, not the concept itself, but admittedly, it would be tricky even if you did approach it intelligently.

Otherwise, they might honestly do better just making it clear they have no problem featuring anyone from one of their friendly fellow promotions, but can’t take on many more major stars themselves right now.
    They use their two YouTube shows for that. Dark has 90 minutes worth of matches to fit in as many people as possible.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Is it too crazy to wonder if Page being removed from Omega feud might mean an immediate Punk vs Omega match? The Page change is being reported as being sudden/abrupt. We have obvious Punk hints at the very same time. That Rampage is in Chicago, and then All Out is in a suburb of Chicago. All of this (coincidentally?) happening at around the same time.

The biggest things that undercut this is that 1) Punk vs Omega would be too soon. And you 2) probably can't have Punk lose his first big match like that. And 3) Page vs Omega we're being told will happen (and you can't do it like its being built up unless Omega still has the title, which relates to 2)).

I suppose they could do Omega vs Punk and have some sorta WWE-like non-finish where both Punk & Omega save face (because Bryan interferes!?!?!) (then maybe revisit the Omega/Punk feud later down the road). And then they next do Page vs Omega for the title. But that would be atypical for AEW and thus not likely.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-03-2021 at 11:17 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

With what their paying Punk its kinda clear he's gonna be programmed quick against Omega. Also he's gonna become the face of the company.

I feel for Page. But AEW can't screw up CM Punk. He's their Hulk Hogan coming to WCW deal. Bischoff , love or hate the guy he knew he couldn't screw up Hogan/Flair and did that one asap.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

KENTA wants to face CM Punk.

Please. Please let this happen.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    KENTA wants to face CM Punk.

Please. Please let this happen.
    With Danhausen as special guest ref.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOK IIITTTTT!!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

I think the Page situation has more to do with Kenny's back than CM Punk's signing.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    With Danhausen as special guest ref.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOK IIITTTTT!!
    Danhausen is too evil to refhausen.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I don't see AEW being the type of company to completely change course on their main-event plan. The company spend two years building up Page to the point where he is now. They won't throw that away for Punk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I think the Page situation has more to do with Kenny's back than CM Punk's signing.
    That really could be true as I mentioned on Page 114 of this thread, probably more likely. Though Kenny is still due to face Andrade still on Aug 13th in a big main event, so mightn't he be more healthy than we think? And if Kenny is still so badly injured, why not just do Page vs Omega to get the title off Omega for a bit to let him recover more out of the spotlight?

It just never occurred to me that it's also possible, merely possible, that we're not noticing that things could maybe point to Punk vs Omega in Chicago on Sept 5th (also considering that AEW might feel it necessary to capitalize off of big-contract Punk by diving him right into a dream/main event thing with Omega).

But I argued against this possibility of an immediate Punk vs Omega. Plus, Punk vs Darby is actually being teased instead already (though Punk vs Darby could possibly just be a one-off Rampage promo thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't see AEW being the type of company to completely change course on their main-event plan. The company spend two years building up Page to the point where he is now. They won't throw that away for Punk.
    Yea, but why are they throwing Page away for the moment? That question still begs. As I said above, if Omega's health is causing Page's delay, why is Kenny still slated to wrestle Andrade on Aug 13th? Kenny is probably gonna work his ass off for that one.

The Page delay just isn't making so much sense right now, and I'm trying to figure out what's going on. Of course this could simply be a long term "work" by AEW all along to do a longer dramatic build to Omega vs Page. But the reporting isn't really painting that picture, but rather an abrupt change of course (to what?).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-03-2021 at 12:58 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Danhausen is too evil to refhausen.
    But! He's very nice. A key trait for the oblivious wrestling ref.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    That really could be true as I mentioned on Page 114 of this thread, probably more likely. Though Kenny is still due to face Andrade still on Aug 13th in a big main event, so mightn't he be more healthy than we think? And if Kenny is still so badly injured, why not just do Page vs Omega to get the title off Omega for a bit to let him recover more out of the spotlight?

It just never occurred to me that it's also possible, merely possible, that we're not noticing that things could maybe point to Punk vs Omega in Chicago on Sept 5th (also considering that AEW might feel it necessary to capitalize off of big-contract Punk by diving him right into a dream/main event thing with Omega).

But I argued against this possibility of an immediate Punk vs Omega. Plus, Punk vs Darby is actually being teased instead already (though Punk vs Darby could possibly just be a one-off Rampage promo thing).

Yea, but why are they throwing Page away for the moment? That question still begs. As I said above, if Omega's health is causing Page's delay, why is Kenny still slated to wrestle Andrade on Aug 13th? Kenny is probably gonna work his ass off for that one.

The Page delay just isn't making so much sense right now, and I'm trying to figure out what's going on. Of course this could simply be a long term "work" by AEW all along to do a longer dramatic build to Omega vs Page. But the reporting isn't really painting that picture, but rather an abrupt change of course (to what?).
    Andrade challenged Omega for the AAA mega championship. His match would be a AAA match and not an AEW one. Kenny probably doesn't have much control there.

To be fair, AEW needs to pull the trigger on Page sooner or later.

Otherwise, bump him down to Miro.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Andrade challenged Omega for the AAA mega championship. His match would be a AAA match and not an AEW one. Kenny probably doesn't have much control there.
    I know it's AAA (not AEW)...I'm just thinking that if Kenny's back was so bad, that AAA would probably nix Kenny vs Andrade. But if that match happens and goes the expected 20-40 mins, then I find it more dubious that the Page vs Kenny match was delayed by AEW because of Kenny's health.

I just can't understand the Page situation and its seeming non-long-term-planned abruptness. That's why I'm pondering odd things like Punk vs Omega at All Out.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-03-2021 at 01:26 PM.