Page 338 of 902 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438838 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 13529

Apparently Bryan Danielson was hurt for real yesterday. Article Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ultimate Member

Wait, Johnny Elite lost his very first match?

Why? What kind of booking is that?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Yeah, but do Ross and Mantell know how to appeal to AEW's Audience?
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Do Ross and Mantel understand the AEW audience and what they want? Ross definitely doesn't.

Does AEW even understand its own audience at this point ? Because again they seemingly are having issues right now so its not like the whole strategy of , lets stay the same and not hire anyone outside or have experience is silly. Ross works for AEW , Mantell seems retired for good as his last booking job was in 2000's in Puerto Rico I believe and TNA's female division in 2007 to 2009 and Cornette basically cost himself any jobs booking wise after his blow ups in TNA and Ring of Honor at the end.

In the case of Jim Ross , he's already there and has more experience doing this than Khan. Who sure ...he hit on Orange Cassidy. But Khan also missed on Marco Stunt , Joey Janela and a few others he signed. So its not like Tony Khan is perfect with nailing young talent either.

Mantell last worked and helped book TNA's women division there during its height and helped bring in Awesome Kong at the time. So he could be a good signing if brought in to help Khan with a veteran presence.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Now reading that Bryan Danielson's "injury" was a work. "Bryan Alvarez said on Wrestling Observer Radio he had been 'strongly given the impression' that the whole situation was a work."
    https://cultaholic.com/posts/report-...ossibly-a-work
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Does AEW even understand its own audience at this point ? Because again they seemingly are having issues right now so its not like the whole strategy of , lets stay the same and not hire anyone outside or have experience is silly. Ross works for AEW , Mantell seems retired for good as his last booking job was in 2000's in Puerto Rico I believe and TNA's female division in 2007 to 2009 and Cornette basically cost himself any jobs booking wise after his blow ups in TNA and Ring of Honor at the end.

In the case of Jim Ross , he's already there and has more experience doing this than Khan. Who sure ...he hit on Orange Cassidy. But Khan also missed on Marco Stunt , Joey Janela and a few others he signed. So its not like Tony Khan is perfect with nailing young talent either.

Mantell last worked and helped book TNA's women division there during its height and helped bring in Awesome Kong at the time. So he could be a good signing if brought in to help Khan with a veteran presence.
    I would say so given how they have a superstar in the making in Wardlow, Owen Hart tournament has been firing on all cylinders, Yuta got over big, and all the major players in the company got something going on. The only misstep is the handling of the TNT championship. It's pretty clear nothing there is going as planned.

I personally want to see newer veterans in those positions. JR and Mantell had there time. Fresher blood need the book

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I agree that AEW needs an experienced booker but not Jim Cornette.

Some of his views are archaic and he's something of a dinosaur when it comes to modern stuff. I listen to Corny and I love his storytelling and how he analyzes the product but I disagree with him sharply and how he views some of the modern-day aspects of wrestling.
    Yea, I'm not certain about Cornette one way or the other, to be honest. Sometimes he seems to say exactly what I've been thinking, other times less so.

Now if Paul Heyman were ever released from WWE, which is very unlikely it seems....that's a different story, I think then Tony should absolutely sign Heyman as head/co-booker. I'm quite serious on that point.

(It saddens me the most that Heyman has seemingly given up the ambitious life of being a main primary booker/promoter....he's always struck me as someone who relishes that aspect of wrestling)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-19-2022 at 02:30 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Stephanie McMahon announced she's taking a leave of absence

https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/sta...ReK3is4iA&s=19

Extraordinary Member

From what I hear, Johnny was there for a one off appearence

He didn't look bad though so I don't see much of a problem.

Is Sasha Banks done with WWE?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Is Sasha Banks done with WWE?
    That's uncertain. This isn't the first time she's done something like this. Vince managed to convince her to stay that time. Apparently both Sasha and Naomi contracts are set to expire in a few months so that adds an wrinkle to the current situation

Ultimate Member

I wonder how long the Bloodline will hold all of the belts, the longer it goes the less and less anybody will care...then again I wonder how much longer Roman will be in wrestling so this title thing could be his swan song of sorts...I'm WELL over the bloodline entirely and wish that they'd all go to raw and not be champs of anything...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I wonder how long the Bloodline will hold all of the belts, the longer it goes the less and less anybody will care...then again I wonder how much longer Roman will be in wrestling so this title thing could be his swan song of sorts...I'm WELL over the bloodline entirely and wish that they'd all go to raw and not be champs of anything...
    Reigns is safe until at least Clash at the Castle. He is scheduled to only wrestle 3 times between now and Sept. Against Riddle at KOTR, Orton at SS, and McIntyre at Clash. Clah would be the first chance I could see him dropping to McIntyre since its in England but its the E so that won't happen. The Uso's will lose their titles before Reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Reigns is safe until at least Clash at the Castle. He is scheduled to only wrestle 3 times between now and Sept. Against Riddle at KOTR, Orton at SS, and McIntyre at Clash. Clah would be the first chance I could see him dropping to McIntyre since its in England but its the E so that won't happen. The Uso's will lose their titles before Reigns.
    Reigns is keeping the title until WM

Wrestlemania 7 was probably my favorite overall so far.

I loved seeing The Rockers win. I loved them in the AWA and while they never went over as big as they should have in the WWF, I still have good memories of them as a tag team.

The Kerry Von Erich (Texas Tornado) match was kind of a joke. Plus how did Dino Bravo keep sticking around?

I was still a fan of The British Bulldog at this time so even though he was matched against The Warlord (not exactly the greatest wrestler ever) I was glad to see him win.

I was never a fan of The Nasty Boys so seeing them beat The Hart Foundation was galling. Worse even because it was the last match for the tag team.

Who did Jimmy Snuka piss off that in his match with the Undertaker, it looked like he just spent the entire time getting his ass kicked? I know they were building up the Undertaker as this unstoppable force but come on man, Snuka was no slouch and he just got ****-hammered here.

I still can't watch The Ultimate Warrior without seeing how much of a stiff he really was. But on the flip side, this was another great match in my eyes for Randy "Macho Man" Savage (forget the whole storyline of Elizabeth coming back to him) because I'm discovering that I just never gave him enough credit back in the day. He's just blowing my mind in these Wrestlemania matches!

I laughed at the way the Legion of Doom just murdered Power & Glory. They are the best tag-team ever for me.

The Ted DiBiase match? Gawd, he's a schmuck 24/7 in character...I never liked the character back in the day and seemingly hate him even more in retrospect.

Ho-Hum...Hogan beats shitty Sgt. Slaughter to get title back.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.